SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vets & ACDU Only - Muster Here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
animal
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy

Rick Henry here (Animal)

Non-combat Army vet...
short stint in 1972/73

Went back in 1981-1985.. Combat Engineer.

Based in Fort Hood, Fort Leonardwood, and Schoefield Barracks.

I am proud to be here, keep up the fight!

Animal
Sons of Liberty Riders
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MikeH
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:24 am    Post subject: Reproting for duty Reply with quote

Hello all.

I'm a Vet and I am voting for George Bush. I know where he's coming from. I haven't a clue with the other guy (and neither, apparently, does he).

I served from Feb 71 to June of 72. US Army, 1st Cav, Bien Hoa, RVN. Patrol Dog Handler.

I'm married (27 years) with 3 kids and I'm still kickin...just not so hard anymore.

Glad to meet ya'll.

MikeH.
pleiku6869
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name is Roger Wahl and I have lived in Augusta, Georgia since 1970. I was in the Army and stationed in Pleiku (Central Highlands) from July 4, 1968 to July 4, 1969. No combat and no battle medals. Many interesting nights of sirens, rockets, gunshots and defensive artillary, but the 4th Infantry protected us well. The Air Force Base was also very close to us. An R&R trip for us was Qui Nhon and the beach; however the trip thru the An Khe pass to get there was treacherous. I was a Sgt E-5 for most of the time I was in the Army.
B-57BummerJohn
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:21 am    Post subject: The only thing Kerry hasn't flip/ flopped on. Reply with quote

Hi again all,
I checked in early on this thread.

The only thing Kerry can't be accused of f/fing on is the fact that He was a Phony then and is still one now!!!

Keep up the great work Swifties. Pour it on.

We all still have a powerful weapon.

That weapon is your vote.

I have mine sighted in.

John D. USAF Vietnam 8th & 13th Bombardments SQS. Weapons
lucky
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:31 am    Post subject: Howdy Reply with quote

Great forum. I served during peacetime in the 80's. Army. I was a MLRS crewmember. Artillery. I served at Ft, Hood and then in S. Korea. I saw where there was a demand to show ones DD-214 and I don't mind but it must be a Moderator. Also I have never scanned mine but I promise to as soon as I get home in a few weeks and then I will be proud to show it.
minus anything that can cause fraud.

I definitely was too young young for Vietnam but I am a middle aged Man now and will stand by any Vet in need now. I feel blessed and honored to have served my country but I feel it was my duty, and i do not like to be thanked for doing so, but i feel that combat veterans should be and when i have been able to I do and also am free with a beer when able.

It feels me with joy that there are forums now that allow us to fight this evil that is trying to slime into the upper reaches of power and I will do all
in my power to smack this snake back under the rock he crawled from in massachusettes. I am from Texas and I am a proud Texan but to me the country comes first. I have been a Republican but mad at this president for certain policies that are not in the conservative vein. I will fight him on those but as I saw someone post before it is time to fight THIS battle for now.

On The Minute
volosong
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steven L. Adams requests permission to come aboard. USN, '70-'74, OS2. Saw a little combat, earned some medals and commendations, don't want to talk anymore about it than that. God Bless America!
lucky
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:51 am    Post subject: Great Reply with quote

I agree Volo wholeheartedly. God Bless America. And thans for the service to our country.
BillC
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill C 72 till 90
Glad to see some of us still belive in seeing the truth
did my time in hell in the Army on the water. then went Navy for the rest of the time.
Somolia VET
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sgt with the US Army from 92 to 98. 7 months in Somolia 1 year HHC 304th Sig in Korea and 5 years with the 11th Sig Brigade out of Ft. Huachuca
OkiMarine
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USMC 1999-2003, 3 and 1/2 years in Japan with 7th Comm BN and MCB.
buzsq
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: I've saved this "Can of worms" for 32 years Reply with quote

I joined the Air Force in 1970. I volunteered and felt was an honor to serve my country in Vietnam 71-72. I was a viet advisor on the "caribous". My father was an Army Chopper pilot who served two tours, My cousins-one Green Beret, one Army Ranger both served in Vietam. "All recieved injuries, "All earned awards. Everybody stayed.
All are alive today! Thank God!
IT AIN'T NOTHIN

We met the call and that ain't all. We were abused, rejected, suffered extreme prejudice, spit on, laughed at, called all the nasty names that aren't in the book and left to carry all of it. Thanks Kerry!

HOORAH
I and II corps
cariboupilot
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as an o1 and 02 flew air force caribous out of phu cat and danang. oct 68 to oct 69. retired from usafr in 1980. will never forget or forgive those that betrayed us during or after our service, especially john f skerry.
Allan Miller
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: Signing on Reply with quote

Allan Miller

Vietnam vet--two consecutive tours (1967-1969).

Captain, U.S. Army. For most of the first tour I was with the 101st Airborne Division (Nov. 67 - May 6Cool at Bien Hoa and then, during and after Tet, at Hue/Phu Bai/Camp Eagle. Subsequently assigned to U.S. Army Headquarters, Long Binh as Press Officer and Chief of Audio-Visual Operations.

Returned to Vietnam after I left active duty to work as a contract photojournalist for United Press International and Black Star photo agency.
Roger S.
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:44 am    Post subject: Signing On Reply with quote

Permission to come aboard. Served USN Fighter Squadron 194, aboard CVA 34. Oriskany. Was in the Gulf when the fighting was supposed to stop. And was in the P.I. when the POWS came home.
tugboatphil
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

75-78 US Army. 2Bn 18 Field Artillery 8 in Self Propelled. Ft Sill, Okla
78-80 US Navy. USS Jouett (CG-29) San Diego, Cal
81-85 US Navy. USS Kalamazoo (AOR-6) Norfolk, Va
85-87 US Navy. Cargo Handling & Port Group, Williamsburg, Va
87-91 US Navy. Naval Amphibious School, Little Creek, Va
91-95 US Navy. Assault Craft Unit TWO, Little Creek, Va (LCU-1653)
95-97 US Navy. Naval Station Norfolk, Va. Port Operations (YTB-780)

Signed up about a month and a half after the last chopper out of Saigon. The "new" volunteer Army wasn't what I was looking for. Spent the rest of my time Haze Gray and Underway. First day onboard the Jouett, I was on a float, painting the waterline. Right before retirement, they trusted me to drive a tugboat and move multi million dollar ships. Not bad for a kid from West Virginia. Finished up as Bos'n Mate Chief (SW).

Thanks to all the Vietnam Vets for holding things together when it looked like everything was coming apart. Thanks to all the Vets who stood watch, long before I was a gleam in my Pappy's eye. Thanks to all those "youngsters" that have come after me, who have made me prouder than I could have imagined. Thanks to all the Wives and Moms who did their tour, without knowing whether or not to answer the door each time it was knocked. Thanks to all the kids who have had to grow up without their Dad or Mom, because they paid the ultimate price for a free society. And finally, thanks to the Swifties for putting a spotlight on John Kerry, when the national press refused to.

If you'd like to read my story, here is my webpage.
http://users.exis.net/~lerman5

Phil Toth
USN (ret)

Don't Sweat the Mule Goin' Blind,
Just Keep Loadin' the Wagon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 32 of 47

Jump to: