SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CHRIS MATTHEWS ---- NOW!!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
taz
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject: CHRIS MATTHEWS ---- NOW!!!! Reply with quote

Problem?
taz
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newsweek guy says Lambert got Bronze star, and they were under fire
mtpNY
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's interesting that *one* new document is discovered which purports to support Kerry and it *leads* off the Hard Ball show.

Do you think when the next new document that supports the SBVTs is produced it will be the *lead* story on Hard Ball?

The O'Neill/Cambodia "controversy" is starting to bother me as well. The media has picked it up and it's now supposed to be a wash and cancel out Kerry's Amazing Cambodia Adventure claims. It's being repeated by every Kerry supporter as "proof" that O'Neill is a liar and hypocrite.
There are so many differences it's not even close. O'Neill already explained and said he was near the border. He also explained it *was* on a different river (which *was* on the border as opposed to Kerry), at a different time and part of a different mission/operation. O'Neill isn't running for President and never claimed repeatedly (including on the Senate floor more than once) and in detail this "seared" memory that changed his life forever.
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="mtpNY"]It's interesting that *one* new document is discovered which purports to support Kerry and it *leads* off the Hard Ball show./quote]

Kerry and Matthews are long-time pals from way back. I have photos of them chumming around at various Irish-American fundraisers in Boston (back when Kerry was playing right along with those that mistakenly thought he was Irish... he never bothered to correct the error).

The bottom line is that Matthews is nothing more than a shill for Kerry, plain and simple, so don't look to Matthews to bother to investigate the obvious -- that Kerry may well have written the After Action Report that ended up in the final reports.

"Hardball" it ain't. Think 'softball'. Think 'Powderpuff'.
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since Matthews imploded and calmed down, the whole show has been, as far as I've been able to see "ooh look! a straw! maybe we can use it to repair the keel now".

I don't care for Pat Buchanan ... he's way out there past far right wing on too many issues for me. But on Hardball, he looks like the voice of reason.

As far as "the Nixon tapes" go, I hope they (a) don't study the issue (as Matthews apparently hasn't), (b) really start pushing the issue, then (c) are forced to play the actual soundbite. They will discover that O'Neill was talking about a different command at a later time, not the same theater as Kerry was in. I think I heard O'Neill, when interviewed by Brit Hume as recalling "Yes ... I told him I was in Cambodia ... actually across the river from it ... it was just normal conversation". The big difference is Hume actually takes the time to listen.
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My letter to Matthews

Chrissy Matthews , O'Neill didn't claim he was in Cambodia on the senate floor in order to cut off aid to our Allies the contras who at the time was fighting for their life against a communist dictator. John Kerry did . O'Neill didn' claim while he was in Cambodia that his whole outlook on goverment was changed when he heard Nixon who was not even President tell the world there were no troops in Cambodia.John Kerry did. O'Neil didn't claim he was attacked by the Khmer Rouge a full two years before the Khmer Rouge even had an army ..John Kery did. John Kerry's spokespeople had given about 7 different versions of what happened in the last week alone .At least 6 and more likely all 7 are false. O'Neil didn't go to paris and meet with the North Vietnamese while we had troops still fighting. John Kerry did.
EODARMY
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Lambert Reply with quote

Who is he, what did he do and whose boat was he on?
Herb
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthews -- beside his bias -- displayed his overwhelming incompetence by CONFLATING the "1st Purple Heart" (now admitted by Kerry and campaign to be 'not under fire') and the Rassmann incident where he thinks another "document" proves hostile fire.

Ignoring the dispute on the river about fire at the fish weir, Matthews doesn't even understand the sequence and the individual actions.

What an incompetent. Right him, tell him just that -- I am betting his ego will suffer more from INCOMPETENCE than by claims of bias he will just dismiss.
tiptie
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe O'Neil and the heavy lifters should create a map to show the difference between the Kerry position he lied about..... and where O'Neil was running parallel to the border of Cambodia

Different piece of water and time.

Some of the news people will pick up on it.

A picture is worth a 1000 screaming words from the liberals.
Herb
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tiptie wrote:
Maybe O'Neil and the heavy lifters should create a map to show the difference between the Kerry position he lied about..... and where O'Neil was running parallel to the border of Cambodia

Yes, this was another lie or incompetence by Matthews -- besides conflating two different awards he also conflating "Kerry's secret trip up the Mekong" with O'Neill's offshore patrol in the vicinity of the Cambodian and Vietnamese border.

O'Neill also didn't try to to claim the WRONG president was lying about his presence.

IF Kerry had been telling the truth, he apparently divulged classified material illegally too.
IpsoFacto
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this list:

CABLE NEWS RACE
WEDS, AUG 25, 2004

FOXNEWS O'REILLY 2.0 (Conservative)
FOXNEWS HANNTIY/COLMES 1.9 (Conservative/Liberal)
FOXNEWS GRETA 1.8 (N/A)
FOXNEWS BRIT HUME 1.3 (Conservative)
FOXNEWS SHEP SMITH 1.3 (N/A)
CNN LARRY KING 1.1 (Liberal)

Now, the other list, the one that makes me laugh Laughing

MSNBC HARDBALL 0.6 (Liberal)
MSNBC SCARBOROUGH 0.5 (Conservative)
CNN AARON BROWN 0.5 (Liberal/A bit Moderate)
CNN PAULA ZAHN 0.4 (Ultra Liberal)
MSNBC OLBERMAN 0.3 (Ultra Liberal)
MSNBC NORVILLE 0.2 (Ultra Liberal)
CNBC DENNIS MILLER 0.1
CNBC MCENROE 0.0 (Kerry/Jackson/Moore type of Liberal)

Oreilly alone bests all the liberals together.

Man!!
tiptie
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colmes is another wimpy idiot that does NOT want to know the facts and the difference in the patrol and the geography.

I wonder if they are just plain stupid about the geography which then makes them ignorant and therefore not true reporters or...............they know the difference but hope to tell enough lies that some people might believe them.

I don't know which is worse.
The Ghost
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tiptie wrote:

ask and you shall recieve

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/graphics/swiftboat_082104.html
Herb
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ghost wrote:
tiptie wrote:

ask and you shall recieve

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/graphics/swiftboat_082104.html

Not really, although it is one that map, it's not the focus.

Kerry did NOT cross the border by 5 miles on the Mekon (sign, blockade, etc.)

O'Neill was along or across into territorial waters of Cambodia OFFSHORE on the South or Southwest if you prefer.
RMalloy
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:34 am    Post subject: RMalloy Reply with quote

What's in it for Matthews? He's coming off as pathetic in his attempts
to spin out his own headlines for the next round of soundbite news.
He bullied Michelle Malkin, who stood up very well to him, I'd hate to have
to sit across from him, lately he gets so pissy he spits on his "guests".
Pat Buchanan may be "way right" but at least he has a heart, and courage
to stand up to Matthews scattershot antics, now if Matthews only had a brain.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: