SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry to go on "Meet the Press" / "60 Minutes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And of course these two shows can be expected - as required by law - to give equal time, right?

Rolling Eyes
Cuda
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll post without wading through the previous 3 pages to see if anyone else shares my take.

1. 60 Minutes seems the likely venue for Mr. Reporting For Duty to appear, seeing as how they've had at least one transparently anti-Bush segment every show for the past year.

2. The sincerety of any "apology" Mr. Reporting For Duty might give would have to be doubted. If he really was sorry for labeling millions of veterans as war criminals & baby killers, my guess is he'd probably have said so before he decided to run for president, not after his poll numbers went into free-fall. Dude just does not get it.
FrydayNC1
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies by Kerry at this stage is totally meaningless. He has been out of the service for over 30 plus years, and now he wants to apologize? Why because his support by vets have slipped 9% points? Does he think everyone is a fool? Typical meaningless politician doublespeak. Actually this will make him look like a bigger hypocrite.
forgivenjojo
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got through talking about repentance in response to a troll about one minute ago. I will post that same sentiment here.

An apology is worthless unless it involves true repentance.

TEARS and WORDS are not enough.

TRUE REPENTANCE at this point in the campaign would have to include a resignation. John Kerry is not going to do that.

Anybody disagree?
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Would it be an apology? Reply with quote

I researched the net and found this apology made by Jane Fonda in 1988

To her credit, during a 20/20 television interview sixteen years later in 1988 with Barbara Walters, Jane Fonda apologized for her incredibly bad judgement in going to North Vietnam and allowing herself to be used as a propaganda vehicle.

URL http://www.rjgeib.com/thoughts/fonda/fonda.html

nomorelies
leeinwv
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When is the President going to ask for equal time.
I thought this was the law
JK
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Kerry to go on "Meet the Press" / "60 Minutes Reply with quote

This is the same damage control that Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton received so that the liberal media helped them get out of trouble. So I expect soft ball questions so that the American public can change their minds about John Kerry. It worked for Clinton but I hope it falters this time. I don't expect that these programs will provide equal time to someone like John O'Neill to present his facts to the American public. Let's have equal time for the swift boat veterans for truth... It is alarming how quickly these two broadcast outlets can put a program together for Kerry while only moving quickly for Bush if they have damaging information or propoganda to sway the American public.

JK
napnip
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zinfella wrote:
Beatrice1000 wrote:
The Ghost wrote:
has any one spotted Teresa Heinz Kerry with john kerry lately ??

and, where's Teddy?

Maybe Teddy has his hand in the pickel jar.

Nah, he's probably taking someone for a ride in his car.
Bostonian
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrianC wrote:
And of course these two shows can be expected - as required by law - to give equal time, right?

That was the law, but the law was changed 15-20 years ago.
Ladyhawke
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone seen verification of these appearances? I just checked online both 60 Minutes and Meet the Press – and there was no mention of Kerry being on this Sunday. If it was going to happen, wouldn’t they be advertising? Has anyone seen any commercials? I’m wondering if Kerry did ask for the time but perhaps put too many restrictions on the potential questions. Just a thought.
corbe
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was just posted in the Forum at Hillary.org, that Sen Clinton will be making the Talk Show Rounds this weekend also, including Meet The Press. Reguardless of which Democrat Senator sits opposite of Tim Russet, it will be a Lovefest.
Herb
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also heard that Kerry was going to the VFW convention (in Kentucky???)
during the GOP convention.

Couldn't someone organize a MUCH BIGGER back turning?

No boos, no catcalls, just complete: Talk to the back

"Sign Form 180" on the shirt backs would be a nice touch.

(Wear a light jacket to cover them.)
MikeGranby
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:16 am    Post subject: Re: Kerry to go on "Meet the Press" / "60 Min Reply with quote

JK wrote:
It worked for Clinton but I hope it falters this time

Kerry is not Clinton. Clinton, for all his many sins, was an excellent politician, in that he knew how to connect with people. Kerry can't connect with people to save his life. Although I despise Clinton, I would imagine that if I happened to sit next to him in a bar without knowing who he was, I could actually have a beer or two with him and have a pleasant evening. That would never happen with an stuck-up piece of work like Kerry.
Herb
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:28 am    Post subject: Re: Kerry to go on "Meet the Press" / "60 Min Reply with quote

MikeGranby wrote:
JK wrote:
It worked for Clinton but I hope it falters this time

Kerry is not Clinton. Clinton, for all his many sins, was an excellent politician, in that he knew how to connect with people. Kerry can't connect with people to save his life. Although I despise Clinton, I would imagine that if I happened to sit next to him in a bar without knowing who he was, I could actually have a beer or two with him and have a pleasant evening. That would never happen with an stuck-up piece of work like Kerry.

Sure, Clinton is all the worst charactures of the good ol' boy dishonest salesman who will take you out, buy you drinks in a topless bar and sell your company watered cement while lying to everyone about never being in that bar.

"Ok, I was there, but I never looked."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: