SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry asks Bush for weekly debates?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Taylor
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:43 am    Post subject: Kerry asks Bush for weekly debates? Reply with quote

Sounds like another desperate strategy for Kerry to distract the media from the SBVTs! lol
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry knows the President of the United States has no time to perform a debate a week especially during war time. Thing is Kerry dreads the debates with Bush. As he himself said when asked how he would do against Bush in a debate, Kerry replied "Bush is a good debater and has never lost. He beat both Ann Richards and Al Gore". And I believe he said this to cushion his future loss to Bush in the debates. For Kerrys political strategists to say they will debate once a week till election is nothing more then trying to stop the bleeding of their candidate. Issue a challenge they know their own candidate would fail at but their opponent cannot accept. Quite sophmoric but then again this whole race is coming down to what can Kerry do to gain traction, becuase those Swifties taking all the wind out of his sails.

Last edited by GenrXr on Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Sun Tzu
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: Kerry asks Bush for weekly debates? Reply with quote

Taylor wrote:
Sounds like another desperate strategy for Kerry to distract the media from the SBVTs! lol

Kerry wants weekly debates...between now and November.
Ummm...Bush is the President of the United States...he's busy...he can't
abandon his post like Kerry. Doesn't Kerry have something to do...
perhaps like...attend an intelligence meeting...or vote on some bills
in Congress?
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read a suggestion on another forum for President Bush to invite him to debate in Iraq in front of our military. Even offer to fly him over.
GenrXr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Doesn't Kerry have something to do...
perhaps like...attend an intelligence meeting...or vote on some bills
in Congress?

Doh! But thats like uhh hmpf like he would have to uhh do his hpmf job. I think he would rather be out doing sporting activities for photo ops, and telling reporters how stupid his secret service are for getting in his way on the slopes and making fun of Bush for crashing his bicycle on the mountain after his city street wipeout.
stealthy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's refered to as flop sweat. Flip floppers are prone to it. No biggie.
GenrXr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I read a suggestion on another forum for President Bush to invite him to debate in Iraq in front of our military. Even offer to fly him over

That would be Bush abusing his position as commander in chief unfortunately. But would make for some fun hoowhaa. hehe
tngator
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neverforget wrote:
I read a suggestion on another forum for President Bush to invite him to debate in Iraq in front of our military. Even offer to fly him over.

I'm sure that there are enough people on here that would be willing to foot Mr. Kerry's plane ticket to that event Laughing
pneal
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"An activist is the person who cleans up the water, not the one claiming its dirty."
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to stand by and do nothing."

I'm so happy to know that this forum exists and allows Americans to inform and connect with others who are working for the good of our nation. We all must ask the hard questions and expect the HONEST answers. The quotes speak to the heart of it all.
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry wants weekly debates because he is currently having daily debates.
Daily debates about what he said the day before.
He wants some downtime. Very Happy
USWORHOCKEY
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry needs debates because SBVT are devistating his campaign. He can only try to regain credibility by being on the same stage. Politically speaking its a very early time for desperation, this is a desperate move.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: ...Weekly Debates Reply with quote

To stay the course, we need somehow to convince Kerry that the germane debate is with the veterans of this country -- NOT BUSH! Besides, we have a few questions for Kerry that remain unanswered. He needs to answer the questions and then we can debate the issues.
RocketFett
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've personally been waiting for the debates for months. Anything could happen, but I believe that Bush will clean kerry's clock for one simple reason. Bush is real, kerry is not. One thing I have heard time and time again about Bush, seen for myself, and been told by people I know who have met him is that he is very real and genuine, and what you see is what you get. He speaks from the heart and doesn't need handlers.

Then there's hanoi john. He has no charisma. No enthusiasm. No likable personality traits. He's arrogant. Obnoxious. And totally disconnected from the real world, and the middle / lower class people that he claims to be wanting to serve. Like a lower income black American I heard on the radio a couple months ago. I'm a democrat, but I'm not voting for kerry What the heck does he know about me? How could he possible help me?" That says it all I think. Bush is real and time after time people have come forward to tell how they met him and he is sincere and real and treated them like he was a regular person talking to them and not the President of the United States. That's something kerry can't do even when he's NOT the President.

I think that will come across in the debates. That Kerry is a fake phony with no real personality or likable traits and can't speak when it's not prompted or planned speach, and that Bush will come across as someone real that speaks what he believes, and doesn't need a script to talk to pepole.
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry seems to think that the Presidency is like the Senate, where you can blow off the job (collecting full pay) while campaigning.

I am sure John O'Neill can provide some time for a debate if he is hungry for one!!

As for the real debates: they should have one in Iraq, since Kerry has never been there in his Senate capacity, he could kill two birds at once! I would just be wary of any fire though, both the friendly type and the kind he is most familiar with, the imaginary type.
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no way Kerry can win that debate becuase of the swiftboat vets. When the moderator asks Kerry a question he will answer with a reference to vietnam and George Bush's military service. When that happens everyone will be laughing at how pathetic Kerry is that he built his whole campaign on a 4 month tour of lies 35 years ago and he didnt even earn his medals.

He will go down and go down ugly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: