SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IMPACT: Pennsylvania, Wisconsion, Missouri

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:00 am    Post subject: IMPACT: Pennsylvania, Wisconsion, Missouri Reply with quote

Everyone,

It is only one poll, but check out RealClear Politics. Bush has taken a very narrow lead in Pennsylvania, Wisconsion, and Missouri. This is huge in terms of electoral college votes.

www.realclearpolitics.com/

(Most of the new polls are LA Times Polls...not exactly Bush friendly)

Truth is Beauty
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jUST CHECKED the polls. Go you naderidiots
stealthy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in SW Missouri. The Mcpeak ad is running here. Nothing is running against it of the same stripe. Talk radio is big here though. ONeill did a local radio program and did great. I started seeing Kerry stickers on cars at the school so I put my sticker on my car. Have seen more campaign stickers lately. No yard signs yet.
TroyS
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm from WI and don't believe or follow polls all that much but my take on the effect of the SBVFT is that they reenergized people.

The MSM hammered into our heads that John Kerry was just a superb human being. You know, decorated war hero, the only one that can solve all the problems of our country and on and on. Also, even though this isn't about Bush they were portraying him in every negative way possible that many people just gave up and surrendered. You almost felt like a betrayer for not supporting Kerry.

What the SBVFT have done is allowed us Independents to enter the debate again. It has exposed the bias of the reporting and given people talking points. When honest discussion is done the myths of the MSM and John Kerry are easily exposed allowing people to think for themselves and they realize John Kerry has no answers or even that much credibility.

So the polls are shifting because the truth is coming out.

Just my thoughts.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: Impact... Reply with quote

Great. Now they're energized. The next question is, "Are they registered to vote?"
TroyS
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a little different in WI. You don't actually have to register to vote before the day of the election. You can register that day by proving residence in WI and cast your ballot.

That's why it's so important to have an energized electorate behind you at the time of the election because then they will actually vote instead of skipping it.

By the way, I intend to vote and so do my friends.
RocketFett
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great! Missouri has been getting stronger for Bush for a while. WI and PA is great news too! That changes the picture. I'm sure Spector is campaigning hard for Bush. That's a plus. Wisconsin would be a devestating pick up for Bush too. I pretty much predict that if kerry loses Florida, it's "turn out the lights, the party's over" time. The democrats have dropped so much money and effort and time into Florida, trying to desperately to further their lie that millions of people were disenfranchised, even though they can't provide a single person who can prove they were denied the right to vote. Especailly since the counties in question were Democrat majority counties and thereby controlled by Democrats in the precints. If Bush wins Florida, which I believe is a sure thing, considering that the HEAVILY conservative Panhandle that is in Central time, will not call it quits and go home early this time, like they did in 2000 after dan rather and the other lying media incorrectly called the state for gore. That's over 300,000 conservative votes right thtere. If Bush wins Florida with all the effort the dems have put into winning it, then they're sunk. kerry is so much more the damaged dangerous candidate compared to gore, there's no reason to believe that hundreds of thousands of voters that weren't prepared to vote for gore would be prepared to vote for kerry, who is questionable at best.
Sisku Hanne
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pray that the red land mass in PA can overcome the 102% voter turnout we suffer from in blue Philly & Pittsburgh.

I'm doing my part! Swiftee sign in the back of my car window- POing every Dem here in the state's capitol, LOL!
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sisku Hanne wrote:
I pray that the red land mass in PA can overcome the 102% voter turnout we suffer from in blue Philly & Pittsburgh.

I'm doing my part! Swiftee sign in the back of my car window- POing every Dem here in the state's capitol, LOL!

Jimmy Carter and assorted U.N. representatives are allegedly going to be there to prevent that. Rolling Eyes
RocketFett
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah old jimmy liver pill Mr. peanut who signed off on the no recall election of the little puppet dictator in Venezuela last week. Carter has no right signing off on any kind of election.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: Ads in FL? Reply with quote

There are lots of military bases in Florida--it might be a good idea to run ads there, and get those guys to the polls (or get them absentee ballots). The military absentee ballot in 2000 was 65% for Bush, even AFTER Gore's lawyers threw out 1400 of them!

Florida is crucial--it's 27 Electoral Votes this time, instead of 25 last time!
larrygj
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One way to make sure people vote is to encourage them to do it by absentee ballot. People can miss out on voting on election day if they get sick, don't like the size of the lines, have suddenly an important business thing to do, have to travel out of town, etc. So I suggest everybody get the local forms people need to ask for an absentee ballot and get those forms to the people who support Bush. Why wait until Nov. 2 when it can be done today!

Larry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: