SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Swift Boat - October Surprise?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Green
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news. Thanks for giving up your own time to do this. Definitely appreciated. I have the thread on my "watch list" and will be looking forward to updates. Best of luck.
PO2
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Ignored. Reply with quote

Green wrote:
Great news. Thanks for giving up your own time to do this. Definitely appreciated. I have the thread on my "watch list" and will be looking forward to updates. Best of luck.

I just received back channel information that "those who need it already have it" What upsets me is that whoever I contacted, if they already had the information, could not pay me the respect of answering my correspondance. A simple "Thanks, but we already have what we need." would have sufficed. I guess I am now able to post my source EVERYWHERE without concern that the original records are safely copied and available. I, like most Nam vets hate to be ignored.
mr_mechanical
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Ignored. Reply with quote

PO2 wrote:
Green wrote:

I just received back channel information that "those who need it already have it" What upsets me is that whoever I contacted, if they already had the information, could not pay me the respect of answering my correspondance. A simple "Thanks, but we already have what we need." would have sufficed. I guess I am now able to post my source EVERYWHERE without concern that the original records are safely copied and available. I, like most Nam vets hate to be ignored.

Is the back channel the SBVFT team? If so, then hopefully they are working around the clock for their next Ad. Yes you should have gotten a thank you because you have been working on this for some time. Thanks from all of us that have been following your efforts. Let's hope we can finally nail JFK2 with some brutal facts.
Green
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the frustration. Could have saved you some trouble. One of those things, though, where you can't be sure it's covered till you run it down yourself. I'll sleep better between now and November knowing guys like you are covering all the bases. My hat's off to you.
taz
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if not SBVFT, maybe you should try to check with them first before revealing any info that might damage their strategy. if the info is that explosive they probably have a plan to use it at just the right time, and you might inadvertently blow that plan. of course since I am dying of curiousity, you can just tell ME Laughing

does anyone agree or am I just nuts?
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

taz

You're nuts...I was in line first.

In fact I was in line on Christmas eve in 1968 when Richard Millhouse Nixon was president and I was in Cambodia. And M.L.K. had just been shot. And I was still picking rice outta my behind, and all those memories are seared seared into my memory.

Like I said ...you're nuts and I was in line first.
Herb
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

During the Iraq war I saw something in news coverage that was in my opinion of significant danger to our troops and might go unreported.

(It doesn't matter whether you believe me or not, or whether it was a real danger or not, but I believed it was.)

I couldn't put it down even though I sent it through some indirect channels I have.

Finally, I looked up a number and called Doha, Qatar Central Command (you can find ANYTHING on the web if you know how to look) -- got an officer (Air Force) on the line; told him my story.

He seemed to get it but maybe he was just humoring me.

Then I asked, "Sir, you are an officer in the United States Air Force and you did understand my report, sir?"

Answer: "Yes I understood it."

Finally: "Sir, will you get the report to someone who can evaluate and get it to those who need the information?"

Answer: "Yes I will".

Finally: "Thank you sir."

After that, I would have still been very sad if someone had died unnecessarily but I had done at least my DUTY.

Last edited by Herb on Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:06 am; edited 2 times in total
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: Ignored. Reply with quote

PO2 wrote:
I, like most Nam vets hate to be ignored.

PO2, you were PM'd in response to your message to me and I have posted elsewhere that your information was already sent up through the appropriate channels. I did, indeed express my appreciation.

We'll probably never know if the people upstairs needed the links on how to find that info - they are insanely busy right now and do not have the time to answer us on all but the most pressing matters. So, we pass it along and we let them use what they can use. Wink

Thanks,
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the admins comb the forum here and pass what they consider to be good ideas up the chain, that's good enough for me. I was wondering myself if we were all doing a lot of thinking in vain here. I sure hope not. There is a lot of capability here, and some good tactical/strategic minds at work, let's use the resources, as much as possible. Very Happy
tngator
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always wondered what Santa Claus would look like in October ....... looks like we are going to be able to find out Cool
PO2
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Ignored. Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
PO2 wrote:

PO2, you were PM'd in response to your message to me and I have posted elsewhere that your information was already sent up through the appropriate channels. I did, indeed express my appreciation.

Thanks,

Sorry, mam. Never received the PM. Probably hunting me down in cyber space. I apopogise.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem - I just didn't want you thinking we ignored you. Wink
Herb
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Ignored. Reply with quote

PO2 wrote:
Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
PO2 wrote:

Thanks,

Sorry, mam. Never received the PM. Probably hunting me down in cyber space. I apopogise.

Do you have your PM set to "notify" you in the profile?

Before I started helping here, I PM'd you just to offer MY HELP to you but never heard back.

You might wish to check your profile....

Let me know if I can help.
PO2
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:25 pm    Post subject: Best resource to use for Kerry's unit records. Reply with quote

http://deploymentlink.osd.mil/news/apr02/news_41202_001.shtm
mr_mechanical
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Best resource to use for Kerry's unit records. Reply with quote

PO2 wrote:
http://deploymentlink.osd.mil/news/apr02/news_41202_001.shtm

The link does not work for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: