SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry just gave the Swift Boat Veterans a HUGE present...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Natesfortune
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work.

Now how do we get this commercial idea up the Chain of Command and onto the airwaves?

It would make this ad a classic, and be a bombshell to many Americans with that "God's honest truth" line.

It would be very easy to ad into the commercial as well - it's a public speech, royalty-free, and as an editor myself, I can tell you it would only require well under an hour of work to integrate this clip in a satisfying way into the beginning of this commercial.

Hardly any money spent - but what a difference it would make in the impact of this ad!!!

The only thing would be that it made the ad longer - but that can be compensated for, and even if it just made the ad longer without compensation, it would certainly be worth it. What is this new commercial - 15 seconds? Adding this in would make it a 30 second comercial - more to pay for in ad time, but worth every penny.

This is just too good and too powerful NOT to use. You don't get gifts like this that often in politics - he made such a boneheaded play that it simply must be capitalized on.

So how do we get this idea to the top so it can be implemented?

David
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump it, and I agree 100%. The mods need to take this up the chain of command for review. It would be devestating to Kerry.
Dragon
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject: Kerry's statement in San Francisco Reply with quote

Last night on the news it showed Kerry in a "town hall" meeting and he stated:

The guys on my boat, and all the guys in the area around me absolutely support what I am telling you...

Someone would have to pull the tape to check the exact verbage, but it struck me in the middle of the night as an absolute lie, based on what the real men are saying happened during the Rassmann fiasco.
Natesfortune
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: Kerry's statement in San Francisco Reply with quote

Dragon wrote:
Last night on the news it showed Kerry in a "town hall" meeting and he stated:

The guys on my boat, and all the guys in the area around me absolutely support what I am telling you...

Someone would have to pull the tape to check the exact verbage, but it struck me in the middle of the night as an absolute lie, based on what the real men are saying happened during the Rassmann fiasco.

ARGH!!!

Come on, Swiftees! Golden opportunity - put the clip in front of your latest ad and prove John Kerry a liar right then and there to the American public. Such a stark contrast would be brutally powerful, and Kerry is just giving you the ammunition to use.

Be wise and use it while you still have the spotlight here. Chances this good don't come around too often in politics.

It's worth paying for a few changes to your latest ad. Well, well worth it in the effect you're going for. Most people don't pay as close attention as we do, and may not know that John Kerry is claiming that "all those on his boat" and "around his boat" support him - and thus your latest ad won't be as impactful unless you point that out.

Kerry's strategy is simply to create confusion on the issue to the point where the average person doesn't know what to think, so they disregard.

You have the opportunity here to give the average person a DEFINITIVE - "John Kerry is a liar. And if he's lying now, maybe he's lying about everything else, too."

Please - give the average person that definitive. John Kerry has provided you the perfect way to do so - grab hold of this amazing opportunity and run with it!

David
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Releasing all of his records, might also show that Bagdad John applied for a deferment.... and was denied... before he volunteered....

I'll add this new lie to my list of Bagdad John's lies.... they aren't all regarding his service.... I caught several at his convention and the next week as he traveled across the country.
jalexson
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if one of Kerry's version of events is accurate, there is no justification for either medal. For those like me who weren't in combat in Vietnam(other than being in a base that was shelled) you can read of significant combat actions in old versions of Vietnam magazine. A single B-40 rocket and a single VC running away along with sniper fire don't qualify as a significant fight. The lack of significant wounds and boat damage from gunfire in both incidents indicate that any gunfire was ineffectual at best.
"That awful power, the public opinion of a nation, is created in America by a horde of ignorant, self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditching and shoe making and fetched up in journalism on their way to the poor house."
-- Mark Twain
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: