SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another opinion...for what its worth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
voltaire
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: Another opinion...for what its worth Reply with quote

I agree with the astute observation(s) made from time to time by several others within these various threads. That is, there are two foundational issues. (1) What Kerry said and did upon his return. The record here is clear. It's in print, on video and audio. It's there to see, analyze and factor into a voter's decision making. Spin not required.
(2). Kerry's official military record which has not been released. A "he said..he said" spin war cannot be won by the good guys. That's a fact. We know if the official Kerry military record favored his recollection of the facts then he would have released the 100 or so pages being held back. That's only logical. He's hiding stuff. Therefore, it is obvious that a relentless, frontal assault has to be put on the Kerry campaign over his refusal to release these records. It has to be one prong of the pincher. Get the facts out. Afterall, the President released his. Kerry either releases his and lets the record speak for itself or he doesn't and that will send it's own message. Just my opinion, of course.
FrydayNC1
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The news media won't push the issue. The Washington Post can even get carry to return their calls. The Washington Post not know for their conservative approach. But since the article of last Sunday, The Post is not high on Kerry's list. Kerry this issue will never be dropped. Release your full military record, not just the selective snippets.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fortunately for "the Good Guys," (Swifts) there are many secondary sources of information which they have utilized and continue to utilize to good effect. Wink

You don't have to have John Kerry's service jacket to disprove his claims.

I think it was John Kerry who said, "I wish there were a delete button on Lexis-Nexis." He probably wishes there were delete keys on this variety of secondary sources of official records, too. Smile
noc
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Another opinion...for what its worth Reply with quote

voltaire wrote:
I agree with the astute observation(s) made from time to time by several others within these various threads. That is, there are two foundational issues. (1) What Kerry said and did upon his return. The record here is clear. It's in print, on video and audio. It's there to see, analyze and factor into a voter's decision making. Spin not required.
(2). Kerry's official military record which has not been released. A "he said..he said" spin war cannot be won by the good guys. That's a fact. We know if the official Kerry military record favored his recollection of the facts then he would have released the 100 or so pages being held back. That's only logical. He's hiding stuff. Therefore, it is obvious that a relentless, frontal assault has to be put on the Kerry campaign over his refusal to release these records. It has to be one prong of the pincher. Get the facts out. Afterall, the President released his. Kerry either releases his and lets the record speak for itself or he doesn't and that will send it's own message. Just my opinion, of course.

I agree. Sign the Standard Form 180 should be the cry heard on every blog, forum, letter, and email out there. Focus on the SF-180.
Frogg
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with above posts also! Maybe the Swiftees next ad should specifically make a demand for him to sign form 180 to release all of his records...and question why he refuses to.
Fox
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry has been consistently wrong on issues of foreign policy and the military all the way through his career.

He said the Vietnamese people would be better off without American troops there when in reality things got much worse over there after American troops left.

He was wrong about Daniel Ortega and the Sandanistas. He opposed just about every initiative of Ronald Reagan's plan to end the Cold War. He did not even think it should end.

He supported President Clintons failed policies in the 90s towards North Korea and the Middle East.

He has opposed many new weapons systems including SDI that protect our homeland and our fighting men.

He has called for cuts in the intelligence budget and missed a very high percentage of his intelligence committee hearings.

And he voted to send men into war and then voted against the funds to support them.

Kerry has a history of being wrong on foreign policy and military issues. And this most certainly makes him Unfit for Command. I think we have to keep hammering these themes.
tvaughan
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps. But the SBFVT (I keep wanting to say 'we') have still proved pretty conclusively, that is, they are no longer reasonably disputed:

1. The 1st PH was fraudulent, though Kerry still has run for President as a "war hero".
2. The 3rd PH was fraudulent, though Kerry still has run for President as a "war hero"
3. Kerry lied over 50 times about being in Campbodia. He used that lie to criticize others and tried to use it to form policy.
4. Kerry, as recently as the DNC, lied regarding the story of how he saved Rasssmann. Now known as the "No man left behind" behind story. This story can now more accurately be called "Leave every man behind, but pick anyone up that falls out of the boat". This was a bold face calculated lie to make himself look better as he was running for President.
5. Kerry lied to the world regarding war crimes that he witnessed.
6. Kerry met with North Vietnamese representatives in 1971.

That is a VERY impressive list. Many other things are still disputed with varying degrees of success. But the list above is still pretty damn impressive work by the SBVFT.

Hammer those points home and don't let them get you off message. Hostile fire? No hostile fire? Who cares! We'll know that when the action report is released by a SM180. But the point is that Kerry has been lying about that day for 35 years!
Talking point #1: Sign 180
Talking point #2: Sign 180
Talking point #3: Sign 180

Last edited by tvaughan on Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not underestimate the allure of this story to journalists of integrity who
have not yet attained MSM notoriety.

Put your ear close to the ground and you can hear the digging...digging...digging...and it's getting louder.

Can you spell "Woodward & Bernstein"?
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Do not underestimate the allure of this story to journalists of integrity who
have not yet attained MSM notoriety.

Put your ear close to the ground and you can hear the digging...digging...digging...and it's getting louder.

Can you spell "Woodward & Bernstein"?

I sure hope someone of competence, ambition, and most of all, integrity is digging and willing to take the heat later. There are so many angles that could be taken, like shooting fish in a barrel.

Zell Miller
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: