SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How did Mr. Rassmann end up in the water?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jalexson
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingfish wrote:
I've read most of the reports, etc on this,
Right now, to me, i think Rassmusen was on the starboard deck alongside the cabin, going forward, perhaps carrying ammo, cookies, etc to front tub gunner. According to reports, Kerry's craft had just cleared the fishing weir, with the bank close abeam to starboard. when the mine exploded, Kerry nailed the throttles, and turned to port, thus propelling Rassmusen a** over teakettle into the drink.
Makes sence to me! Laughing

Me too. Although keep in mind that Rassmann was wearing jungle boots which were designed for walking through mud not walking along the deck of a moving Swift Boat. It might not have taken much of a bump for him to slip.

I think Kerry and Rassmann have told so many stories attempting to come up with something that makes Kerry look good that they no longer know what happened.

Charlie wouldn't have gone to the trouble with the fish nets without putting mines on both sides in case all boats took one side rather than splitting. The mine on Kerry's side might have been misplaced, had moved or maybe Kerry just got lucky.
"That awful power, the public opinion of a nation, is created in America by a horde of ignorant, self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditching and shoe making and fetched up in journalism on their way to the poor house."
-- Mark Twain
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Charlie wouldn't have gone to the trouble with the fish nets without putting mines on both sides in case all boats took one side rather than splitting. The mine on Kerry's side might have been misplaced, had moved or maybe Kerry just got lucky.

Or Charlie only had one battery and they daisy-chained the 2 mines so they both went off together and waited for the 3 boat, which put Kerry's ahead of the other mine. That sounds plausible, but it's hard to prove.
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: Water. Reply with quote

My guess is Rassmann fell off the boat when Kerry got scared and gassed it. While overboard, some water leaked into his head and is a sensible explanation for the water on the brain syndrome he displays yet today.

I wonder what type of employment/salary Kerry has promised him.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the boats left to take the wounded back to a ship. Who all left, and which boat took them?

Still waiting for my copy of "Unfit" in the mail...must have shipped it by Pony Express.
buzsq
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Call me confused Reply with quote

the account of the incident seems hazy at best....... I was a flyer and don't know procedure for pulling a buddy out of the drink, but since when do you panic and run, then come back with other boats sitting around and take the credit for being a hero by pulling the guy out. I thought teamwork is the rule, One for all and all for one....... Kerry was a hazard to everyone around him. it's bullsh--t to think they couldn't decide if they were under fire or not. My headset let me know every round that touched the skin of my plane and airplanes are nutorious for the general noise level in flight........ or maybe I was just hearing things? Bullet holes don't lie! Does it work different in a boat ?
I and II corps
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: