SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My respect for John Glen
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
openfish24
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:23 am    Post subject: My respect for John Glen Reply with quote

is gone

A former marine - wow - how shameful

pete bartow
usmc 75-80
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Misty
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto
tikoys
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lost respect for Glen when he defended Clinton during the impeachment haerings.
Ogre
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just another partisan hack lamenting that Vietnam is being focused on while totally ignoring that Kerry made it the focus for months, until it bit him in the ass.
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice if he paid off debts owed from a failed Pres. bid too (what about $3-4 Million?)

Last edited by ord33 on Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Hans Burkhardt
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notice the big (D) behind his name on screen. Another party mouthpiece. Not impressive.
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a retired Marine. And he'll always have my respect.

However, he's ALWAYS been a liberal democrat. He's NEVER claimed to be anything different. He's always maintained his integrity and honor. His valor and bravery are indisputable.

He's just wrong on this one. Every Marine make mistakes. I'm not about to disown one of my own for his consistent conviction and his loyality to his party because he's gotten bad intelligence. Or that he has a belief he is having a hard time letting go of. He's my brother and always will be.

Even if he is wrong.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glen should take his medals and quietly fade into the background. His comments were so very partisan and in my opinion do not reflect the sentiments of the vast majority of veterans.
openfish24
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:35 am    Post subject: I stand corrected Reply with quote

Once a Marine always a Marine

Straighten up and fly right John

Pete Bartow
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is exposing Kerry for being a traitor and prolonging the war, resulting in more American deaths...long overdue....
roughfun
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John F.....ing Glen. Just another party hack. Who would have thought he would so willingly twist the knife on his fellow Vets. Sold his his soul to a treasonous liar. Lie down with dogs you get fleas John Glenn. Never forgive or forget. Semper Fi.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the great movie 'The Right Stuff' isn't he the don't mess around on your wives keep up appearances for the good of the country. And here he is being blatantly partisan to a fault. Sad
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I respect his status as a former marine, same for carville.

But I think they have spent too much time in the sun without a cap.

Zell Miller
The Balloon Artist
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Glen was a childhood Hero.

That was diminshed in the Savings and Loan Castle Grande et al scandal of the late 80s. And BTW Hillary and Bills finger prints were on Castle Grande as well.

It vanished when he defended Bill for another trip in space.

I don't care what he does now.
hopeful
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got home and must have missed something. Why is this dialogue going on about John Glenn? While he has had the "right stuff", don't forget that he has been a Democratic politician for a lot of years. He is a Democrat and he is over 80.

He is a former Marine but as a politician he owes a lot of favors to people who have never been Marines and don't care about Marines. Don't forget that John K. was a naval officer when he betrayed his brothers.

Why does everybody believe that the guy in the trenches has to be the same guy you know today? I understand that you want to continue to believe in the guy in whose hands you placed your life. But, people grow in different directions.

That's life.

You may admire who he was but it doesn't mean that you have to agree with him toady. Nor should you equate the kid with the man. John Glenn was an American hero but so was Jefferson Davis until his politics led him to rebellion.

I admire John Glenn, George McGovern, Bob Kerrey and so many others for their service. George McGovern was a B 17 pilot during WWII and quite heroic. He is a very courageous man!! But the fact of the matter is I did not and do not agree with his politics or his vision for my country. I am an American citizen and I have the right to know where my next president is going to lead this country. If John K. is a lying glory hound who deserted his men I have a right to know!

One of the major problems we have right now is that most of the MSM evaded service and are loathe to question those that have served.

I took the oath of office for the USMC PLC program on 14 April 1970 as a freshman in college (that parchment is one of my most treasured pocessions). I took that oath weeks before the incidents at Kent State and Jackson University.

It was a bad time and I could have been the last man that Kerry talked about. I was released because of a medical condition. Did I serve? No! But does that invalidate my opinion as an American citizen on a candidate for the next CIC?
No, Damn It!!

We have to get over who they were and question who they are today.

The veterans have a bone to pick with J. Kerry. We as the supporters of the veterans owe them the right to speak. And as American citizens we have the responsibility to decide who is telling the truth.

My money is on the Swift Boat Vets. They have nothing to gain and everythin to lose. Look at the news from Oregon today!!

Please don't denigrate John Glenn's heroic services to this country (WWII, Korea, Space) because you are politically opposed to his politics today.

Oppose his politics don't denegrate the hero! That is our way of doing things.

[/u][/i][/b]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: