SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Let's hope this is a new beginning.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Colorado Coasty
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:34 am    Post subject: Let's hope this is a new beginning. Reply with quote

Thanks to the awareness generated by the Swift Boat Veterans, there can be a new beginning for all of Viet Nam's veterans. It is time that America arose from a long and weary era of denigration, obfuscation, and denial. Viet Nam veterans deserve the honor accorded to veterans of every other foreign war. Let us all honor them, not just during this election season, but from now on.
Nick Mlinar
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember getting off the plane in Saudi. The waiting inprocessing by the time we got to our assignments I remember the frustration and anticipation making me angry to the point you were looking for someone to shoot. Confronted with the situation I don't know if I could have. We were so tired of Clinton sending us overseas to die then pull us out at the first newspaper article that looked negative, moral low from speeches about how the servicemen were the poor or not smart enough for college from the Clinton camp. It feels like your head will explode from anger. To see a protestor protesting before a few beers and a frat party while you're hoping for a chance at a shower.
That was simply my deployment during Vigilant Warrior. No shots fired. No wounded or dead friends. We got off the C-130 and saw the desert @ dawn with the pairs of F-14's, 15's, and 16's taking off. Cool until you think for a second what if.
There are similarities but this is in NO WAY supposed to compare to the experience of the real vet to mine. I just want people to try for a second to put the shoes of vet on. Just a moment of this will teach the appreciation vets deserve.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: