SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

don't reopen old wounds
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
taz
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:30 am    Post subject: don't reopen old wounds Reply with quote

notice how many in the media say we should just let the whole subject of VN die because it's too painful to reopen and might tear the country apart?

maybe a good old fashioned fight is just what the country needs. the anti-war group hints that they might be sorry for some of the things that were said, but for the majority of veterans, that does nothing to restore the honor and dignity they were robbed of and have been living with the pain and shame ever since. maybe it's time to clear the air.

Bring it on.
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, America needs the fight, and has needed it for a long time. I say we keep fighting till the vets are satisfied the record has been set straight. Don't know how long that will take, I don't care.

Its about a lot more than this election. Get over it MSM, your'e irrelevant.

Zell Miller
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:35 am    Post subject: Re: don't reopen old wounds Reply with quote

taz wrote:
notice how many in the media say we should just let the whole subject of VN die because it's too painful to reopen and might tear the country apart?

maybe a good old fashioned fight is just what the country needs. the anti-war group hints that they might be sorry for some of the things that were said, but for the majority of veterans, that does nothing to restore the honor and dignity they were robbed of and have been living with the pain and shame ever since. maybe it's time to clear the air.

Bring it on.

The only thing that would be too painful for me would be to proceed down the same path we veered off on back then, courtesy John Kerry.

Tear the country apart?
Look at the way it already is! Crying or Very sad
tford60
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:39 am    Post subject: Kerry, and the MRI Reply with quote

I doubt he had one, if so, please advise if they observed a back bone?

Tom
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:44 am    Post subject: Re: Kerry, and the MRI Reply with quote

tford60 wrote:
I doubt he had one, if so, please advise if they observed a back bone?

Tom

I'm surprised, given his infatuation with President Kennedy, he hasn't complained of a chronic bad back.
rainvet
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank GOD for all Veterans ;Men and Women and thank you Swiftboat Vets who is telling the truth about a Man that I really believe is Evil and his party is infested by Satin and is ruling there Soul and I ask GOD to forgive them for they no not what they are doing to our beloved and GOD giving right to be free and be like no other Country in this world,Bless !
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm surprised, given his infatuation with President Kennedy, he hasn't complained of a chronic bad back.

"Shrapnel in my leg" is just as good.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:59 am    Post subject: Re: don't reopen old wounds Reply with quote

taz wrote:
maybe it's time to clear the air.

There are no maybe's about it.

It is time to clear the air.

-- FDL
tvaughan
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:01 am    Post subject: Re: don't reopen old wounds Reply with quote

taz wrote:

Bring it on.

I don't remember the media saying this after the 92nd time Kerry asked, "Did I mention I was in Vietnam?"
Talking point #1: Sign 180
Talking point #2: Sign 180
Talking point #3: Sign 180
Frank B
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:01 am    Post subject: Forget Vietnam, Mr. Kerry? 4Q Reply with quote

Oh, Botox John would just luuuv for the Swift Vets and their supporters to go away but he and he alone brought the Vietnam War back into our consciousness, and he will have to answer for his shady past.

And the media wants us to just let it fade into history?? Screw the MSM...they never took this issue seriously and now that their fair haired boy is catching Hell, they want it all to just quietly fade away. Sorry, suckers, even if President Bush and John McCain ride sidesaddle together to fight the 527 battle, the veterans will continue to expose Kerry until Hell freezes over if need be.
lucky
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject: AGREE Reply with quote

I agree, lets clear the air. It is about time. Reopen old wounds. Sure there are wounds that are there from any war but we all know about the wounds we are referring to here. SHAME is a wound I think should be open, bled and discarded. there should have been no shame in the first place as i have found that there was no shame from these brave men.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:25 am    Post subject: Don't open... Reply with quote

I believe these wounds never closed and they need to be. I'm usually in favor of "live and let live" and "let a sleeping dog lie," etc. However, in this case, the country's honor was tarnished by Flipper John and his cheesy punk friends. It needs to be polished up a bit and perhaps, the VVAW might be useful. However, in so doing, stay focused on the enemy which is not the VVAW this time. It's Flipper John.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been noticing that too. How odd (not), since Kerry and the media were the ones who started it. Would they all want to drop it if Kerry was gaining in the polls? Don't think so.
MarineBrat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These wounds need to be opened to clean the pus out!
lucky
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:22 am    Post subject: yes Reply with quote

I agree marinebrat. A good airing always helps a wound.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: