SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teresa Ketchup-Kerry sues EPA to shut down coal fired plants

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bagpiper
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:05 am    Post subject: Teresa Ketchup-Kerry sues EPA to shut down coal fired plants Reply with quote

Anybody,
For the second time, I have heard via the Inet that the wicked witch of the east, Teresa "Ketchup"-Kerry, or, one of her whacko enviromental groups, is sueing the EPA to shut down all coal fired power plants in the US.
Does anybody have any information on this? Is this bi**h out of her leftist f***ing mind?

SO, she has a backup generator in the back of every mansion, what are the rest of us supposed to do?

The Swifties are doing good work, but, God Almighty, they and US, need to rid the planet of crap like her. What the hell would happen with him/her in the WHite House.. Twisted Evil

Barf...

DM Lambert
ex-SP4 '72-'75
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is something about it on The Center for Defense of Free Enterprise website. According to them, she is/was on the board of Enviromental Defense and gave them 300,000 before Kerry started his run for office. I also remember how Kennedy and Kerry didn't want windmills off Nantucket. What do their houses, cars, boats, and jet run on anyway, hot air?
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:32 am    Post subject: Re: Teresa Ketchup-Kerry sues EPA to shut down coal fired pl Reply with quote

[quote="bagpiper"]Does anybody have any information on this?

Yeah, but it's way off topic for this forum. I hate to say it, but she's right about coal fired power plants, they put 2000 tons a year of radio active uranium and thorium into the air. Funny thing is it's the environmentalists that are forcing us to burn coal because they're scared of nuclear. At any rate, we don't need to shut down ANY power plants until some more are built. Here's a link from Oak Ridge Labs, where some of the early atom bomb work was done, and it tells the story. <http://www.ornl.gov/info/ornlreview/rev26-34/text/colmain.html>
bagpiper
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:54 am    Post subject: Yeah ok Reply with quote

I agree, it is, kinda off topic. But what is off topic when related to those two? and the campaign to bring them both down. Information is the only way.

I agree that the present plants are dirty,and you have the 'right' thinking, we have to build more plants, and we must, or else...but, you don't shut 'em down first...jeez...that just demonstrates what we are all against. STUPIDITY in high places, with too much MONEY!

Sorry moderators if you think this is off topic, Move it...Wink
rjas77
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So basically, Kerry promises to crate jobs, while at the same time Kerry wants to shut down plants that provide jobs? Did I read that right?
TripleDipper
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:17 am    Post subject: Teresa Ketchup - Kerry sues EPA to shut down coal fired pant Reply with quote

rjas77

Not only are we talking about shutting down coal fired plants and increasing unemployment, but how about the miners in the two battleground states of WVA and PA. Kerry keeping talking about the high unemployment in those states. If I am not mistaken coal mining particularly in WVA is a large part of the economy.

LP
85 Scott
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think most all of the left-wing environmental groups are habitual liars and hypocrits. Heinz-Kerry is a prime example of how the $green$ industry works. Very elite, hypocritical, and illogical.

The truth is, virtually every environmental indicator has improved since the 1970's. Things like air pollution have declined dramatically. But now that the Sierra Club, Greenpeace, etc no longer have much of a useful purpose - they are lying with an intent to scare gullibles into adopting costly freedom robbing agendas that do little, except keep them in power.

And how's this for the ultimate in hypocrisy?

www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A37316-2003Jun26?language

Kenneth Lay's Kerry Connection
Washington Post
By Lloyd Grove
Friday, June 27, 2003; Page C03

Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry regularly scorches the management of Enron, the scandal-ridden, bankrupt energy company founded by Kenneth Lay. Yesterday, self-styled muckraker Bernardo Issel of NonprofitWatch.org told us that the much-maligned Ken Lay has been a longtime member of the board of trustees of the Heinz Center, an environmental group founded by the candidate's wife, Teresa Heinz Kerry. She's the group's vice chairman, and Lay left the small board earlier this year after serving for nearly a decade.

Issel calls this situation "hypocrisy." The Kerry campaign directed us to Chris Black, communications director of the Heinz Family Philanthropies. Black acknowledged Lay's participation and his status as a corporate "boogeyman." But she added: "Whatever troubles he had at Enron, Ken Lay had a good reputation in the environmental community for being a businessman who was environmentally sensitive."

I could show & tell a lot more, but let's stay focused on sinking Kerry's boat first.
LubyStarling
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Teresa Ketchup-Kerry sues EPA to shut down coal fired pl Reply with quote

[quote="zinfella"]
bagpiper wrote:
Does anybody have any information on this?

Yeah, but it's way off topic for this forum. I hate to say it, but she's right about coal fired power plants, they put 2000 tons a year of radio active uranium and thorium into the air. Funny thing is it's the environmentalists that are forcing us to burn coal because they're scared of nuclear. At any rate, we don't need to shut down ANY power plants until some more are built. Here's a link from Oak Ridge Labs, where some of the early atom bomb work was done, and it tells the story. <http://www.ornl.gov/info/ornlreview/rev26-34/text/colmain.html>
There's always been hydroelectric power available and now Starling Partial Dams.
LubyStarling
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Yeah ok Reply with quote

bagpiper wrote:
I agree, it is, kinda off topic. But what is off topic when related to those two? and the campaign to bring them both down. Information is the only way.

I agree that the present plants are dirty,and you have the 'right' thinking, we have to build more plants, and we must, or else...but, you don't shut 'em down first...jeez...that just demonstrates what we are all against. STUPIDITY in high places, with too much MONEY!

Sorry moderators if you think this is off topic, Move it...Wink
Buy stock in coal, oil & gas and use it as leverage for better scrubbers and more advertising. LC
napnip
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

msindependent wrote:
What do their houses, cars, boats, and jet run on anyway, hot air?

Well, Kerry can supply plenty of that! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: