SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My thoughts about Kerry throwing away his medals...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarineBrat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:02 am    Post subject: My thoughts about Kerry throwing away his medals... Reply with quote

When a soldier is awarded a medal, what he is really awarded is the honor of wearing the medal. Yes, they may hand him a medal or ribbon, or even pin it on his chest for him, but in reality he is then responsible for maintaining his dress uniform, and can go to the PX any time and purchase new medals or ribbons as needed. In fact, anybody can go to http://www.gruntsmilitary.com and purchase nearly any medal or ribbon or insignia ever made for the US military. A colorful trinket does not a medal make! A medal is more than something you wear on your uniform.

So that brings me to this. When John Kerry threw away his medals, and verified in a taped interview later that he did indeed throw away... how did he say it? "six, seven, eight or more?" As far as I'm concerned it didn't matter if he threw ribbons or medals, since they're interchangeable (as indeed he noted); he was throwing away his right to wear them, since the actual physical medal itself is not what's significant. And I'm sure that if you had asked Kerry at the time he would have assured you that he was indeed making a significant gesture, and not just blowing smoke.

Kerry might try to say, if cornered, that he was throwing away someone elses stuff, though I don't believe that none of them were his. Was it really that he pretended it was his but it was really someone elses? Just a fools parade to make his VVAW buddies think that he was one person when he was another? He clearly indicated that at least SOME of the items he was throwing way were his. I just don't understand what goes through this guy's mind. If I throw away my medals, who cares if I left my medals at home and only throw away my ribbons. I'm surrendering my right to wear the ribbons AND medals in order to make a point. If I'm not then the only point I'm making is that I'm a phony!

I have a dear friend who's a teacher. A better friend you'll rarely meet, and I respect him tremendously. His only problem is that he's Democrat to the core. I give him that concession because he's a good man. He served in Nam in the Navy, and when he came home he mailed all of his ribbons and medals to the Whitehouse in protest. He made that choice and I allow him that, but only because he would NEVER consider wearing those medals or ribbons today, nor would he hang them on his wall. He gave them back and he no longer claims the right to wear them. I can respect that. But I can't respect the duplicitous behavior that Kerry has displayed over his medals!

Kerry, resign now! You are not going to win, and even if you did your presidency would be a crying version of a laughing stock!

Tonight's bible verse will be from "John: 180"

Semper Fi,

MarineBrat
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to ask Kerry, if he had those medals back would he wear them today? He is running as a war hero.
MarineBrat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

msindependent wrote:
I'd like to ask Kerry, if he had those medals back would he wear them today? He is running as a war hero.

I understand that they are hanging proudly on the wall in his office.

MarineBrat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: