SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does Kerry Really Want To Just "Move On?"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:49 am    Post subject: Does Kerry Really Want To Just "Move On?" Reply with quote

The Kerry camp, in an effort to try to downplay all the Swift vets have charged and forced them to admit, are now saying, "it's time to move on and get to important things."

Quote:
Holbrooke noted that "six or eight Americans died over the weekend" in Iraq, but news accounts are focusing instead on something that happened 30-odd years ago. "Let's move on," he repeated. He noted that even President Bush has said he doesn't think Kerry was lying about his war record.

http://www.cnsnews.com//ViewPolitics.asp?Page=\Politics\archive\200408\POL20040827e.html

If that is really their wishes, then why does the very next article listed at CNS News say this?

Quote:
The Kerry campaign, which accuses Bush of having direct ties to Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, apparently won't rest until it hears President Bush condemn -- by name -- ads run by Swift Boat Veterans for Truth.

"Why Won't Bush Just Denounce the Swift Boat Ads?" asks a Kerry campaign press release issued Thursday afternoon.

http://www.cnsnews.com//ViewPolitics.asp?Page=\Politics\archive\200408\POL20040827d.html

They wish to just move on and get the country ignoring the Swift vets, but still desire to slam the President for not outright condemning the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth? Doesn't sound like "moving on" to me.

If their interest were really in moving on, would they be digging up any and all dirt they can about the Swift vet guys, such as Al French?

It's just more of the same old dirty leftist politics.
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fortunately, the swifvets will move on, to their next ad, and their next ad, and their next ad.... Laughing

Oh wait, there is something else out there....could it be..yes...its a whole lot of very pissed off pow's at stolenvalor.com forming a second front..

and BG Burkett, the Navy, Judicial Watch.....Kerry's gonna wish he had been aborted Laughing Wink

Zell Miller
hopeful
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck54

Wasn't he?
DenisC
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Does Kerry Really Want To Just "Move On?" Reply with quote

"Why Won't Bush Just Denounce the Swift Boat Ads?" asks a Kerry campaign press release issued Thursday afternoon.[/quote]

The DNC is trying DESPERATELY to get President Bush to to comdem the SWIFTVETS by NAME. If he falls for that and I Pray he does not, they will finally have the sound bite they need. It will be run constantly on TV and "Quoted" by 1,000's in the MSM.
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry had NO trouble repeatedly insinuating that President Bush lied about his ANG record. He and the DNC kept that story alive for months of front page, top of the fold coverage. USA Today still runs articles on this dead horsd, and AP is still suing for information.

Now the shoe is on the other foot, and Kerry wants to "move on" (pardon the pun) to his nonexistent Senate record and invisible plan for the country?

It is just Kerry running from another fight, except this time, there really are superior forces against him: the SBVT and the truth itself.

Well, you can run but you can't hide, Liveshot.

We'll move on when all your records are released, Kerry.
tvaughan
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They don't want to "move on" anymore than than Kerry said "send me" (Unless, they cut out the second part, which they often do, and the quote from Kerry was actually "send me home".

They want to move on from criticism of Kerry on this issue, but not criticism of Bush on this issue. Again, they want it both ways.
Talking point #1: Sign 180
Talking point #2: Sign 180
Talking point #3: Sign 180
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:59 pm    Post subject: ...Move On Reply with quote

After the election, I hope the ads and movies stop. I'd like to see the legal prosecution phase of this effort begin.
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kerry campaign has put themselves in this mess, if they hadnt of put all their eggs in one basket by having a waving the bloody shirt platform they could move on. They are stuck with what they picked and they will die by that sword.
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Does Kerry Really Want To Just "Move On?" Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
The Kerry camp, in an effort to try to downplay all the Swift vets have charged and forced them to admit, are now saying, "it's time to move on and get to important things."

Would somebody offer an opinion regarding why it's unimportant to present evidence of duplicity, the inability to accurately check cabinet members backgrounds (Kerry's co-founder of VVAW), and the inability of the candidate to admit he may have been mistaken on issues, since these have affected foreign and domestic policy issues for 35 years?

I'd enjoy some or all of these points verbalized by SBVFT representatives when confronted with "lets stick to the real issues" by opponents on 'talking point' shows.

It seems to me that the above issues (and more) directly address desired abilities to "manage a war on terror".
Bostonian
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: ...Move On Reply with quote

Tom Poole wrote:
After the election, I hope the ads and movies stop. I'd like to see the legal prosecution phase of this effort begin.

Yep. Me too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: