SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bob Dornan-Interview exceeded Bandwidth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RideAHarley
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: Bob Dornan-Interview exceeded Bandwidth Reply with quote

Sorry everyone.. I had to pull the interview down because the amount of hits it was getting and the big size of the file caused me to exceed my bandwidth allotment.

It was a 20 meg video file hit by almost 300 people just from here alone so my ISP was about to go nuts on me.

At least we got it out to almost 300 more people that didn't get to see it the first time..

If I can compress it down to a smaller size I will try and get it back online.

www.webblinks.com

RideAHarley.com - Prescott, Arizona

Last edited by RideAHarley on Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:33 am; edited 4 times in total
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for making that available - I missed that last night, but heard afterward that it was a barnburner.
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great quality...great work...thanks for clip.

BTW Hannity on Thursday implied he had film of a event that was going to be incredible...but he was reviewing it first.

IMHO Hannity is going to show whatever tapes that Dornan was referring to in this Interview
gkdechow
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda wish Bob had known when to accept victory. He was trying to tell people why they shouldn't vote for Kerry and Pat was trying to say why they won't vote for kerry.
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a shame that a simple, calm approach to this 3 man versus 4 man boat could have quashed Colmes rejoinder. Don't know bout y'all but its a 4 man boat when you have an officer under instruction.
joe_madeup
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the video!

Bob Dornan went ballistic, that's for sure.

I greatly admire his passion and conviction. He said things that had to be said. But an MSM-identified viewer could take Bob's extreme emotion as a sign of the Swift Vets having a bad case. (Like we do when Chris Matthews goes ballistic.)

Pat Caddell was incredible. He got right to the old nuts: Kerry has willfully (or stupidly) re-ignited our Vietnam arguments and that ruins his whole campaign.

I don't know how Kerry can expect anyone to believe he is a great diplomat who can bring the country together, when, due to *Kerry's* presence and campaign, people are suddenly back in these old, horrific arguments.

Also: even if Kerry and MSM succeed in convincing people that the Swift Vet attacks are "just smears", *they have to be out there trashing vets* in order to convince people of that; and again, that puts the lie to Kerry's sales pitch (about him respecting vets and military service, or servicemen respecting him).

In a couple of my other posts, I have expressed worries that Kerry might still be able to win the election. After seeing this segment, I don't see how Kerry could ever win it.

Time will tell.

Last edited by joe_madeup on Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe,

I don't know. There is still enough Anti-Bush people (and the irrational hatred) along with a strong enough anti-War sentiment, that might still allow for a Kerry victory. I say that to point out that now is not the time to slack off.

That said, I do think this: Kerry is going to have to write off the veteran vote....and that kills a central pillar of his candidacy.

Truth is Beauty
joe_madeup
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, of course.

And my analysis only works if the arguments and the division being caused by Kerry last through November. So the Swift Vets, POWs and others have to hang in there and keep taking the hits from MSM and keep saying what they know to be true. I will try to make another $$ contribution next month.
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it keeps going like it has, the MSM is going to write Kerry off as a lost cause long before November. I could be wrong on that, but if they keep backing him, and he loses in a landslide, they're going to look awfully stupid, and I'm not sure they can afford to. Fox is already the #1 news source, keep that in mind, so the liberal networks backing Kerry stand to take a lot of damage to their credability if they keep backing the losing side too long. We need to keep the pressure on, through and following the RNC. I see a lot of fear in their whole organization right now.
mascari
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wing Wiper wrote:
If it keeps going like it has, the MSM is going to write Kerry off as a lost cause long before November. I could be wrong on that, but if they keep backing him, and he loses in a landslide, they're going to look awfully stupid, and I'm not sure they can afford to. Fox is already the #1 news source, keep that in mind, so the liberal networks backing Kerry stand to take a lot of damage to their credability if they keep backing the losing side too long. We need to keep the pressure on, through and following the RNC. I see a lot of fear in their whole organization right now.

I wouldn't bet that the MSM has any worries about losing its own credibility....

Look at the coverage of the Afghan and Iraq wars. Just days into Enduring Freedom (afghanistan), they were calling it a "quagmire" and comparing it to Vietnam. Then days later, it was over.

Then they did it AGAIN with Iraq!

The MSM live in their own world and don't believe anything can hurt their "credibility".
jrsdad
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wing Wiper wrote:

FNC is the number 1 *cable* news source. The top program is O'Reilly, which pulls in about a 2 share (or 2.5 million viewers).

Compare this with the shares of recent network news programs:

NBC: 13 share - 8,271,000 viewers
ABC: 12 share - 8,071,000 viewers
CBS: 10 share - 6,687,000 viewers

Even adding the talk radio audiences of Rush, Hannity, Savage, O'Reilly et al, you still have fewer people getting a center or conservative spin on the news than get a liberal spin. Add in the major metro newspapers and you have an overwhelming number getting their distortions from the MSM.

FOX has done a heroic job in building itself as a news source, but it only dominates the cable news networks, not the broadcast networks.
poseidon
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:42 am    Post subject: Bob Dornan-Interview exceeded Bandwidth Reply with quote

RideAHarley wrote:
Sorry everyone.. I had to pull the interview down because the amount of hits it was getting and the big size of the file caused me to exceed my bandwidth allotment.

It was a 20 meg video file hit by almost 300 people just from here alone so my ISP was about to go nuts on me.

At least we got it out to almost 300 more people that didn't get to see it the first time..

If I can compress it down to a smaller size I will try and get it back online.

Does anyone know how to set up a system like what the college kids use for sharing music that has the Recording Industry up in arms ?

This seems made to order for bandwidth problems like this and perhaps would be a good method of distributing the SwiftVet ads too
sround
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:39 pm    Post subject: Dornan on mp3 Reply with quote

Guys,

I posted this on Friday in a different
thread...guess admin
missed moving or copying it:

Just in case you missed it, here is the Hannity & Colmes
--mp3 mono audio with Bob Dornan
and Pat Caddel episode which aired 8/27/04.

1) Last 2 Min FIREWORKS -- preview apx 230K
http://s2r-tech.com/swifty/hc8-27b.mp3

2) First part -- apx 11 min -- 1.6M (does'nt contain last 2 min)
http://s2r-tech.com/swifty/hc8-27b.mp3

Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: