SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ad #4: Kerry's 1971 admission he's a war criminal
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
larrygj
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:40 pm    Post subject: Ad #4: Kerry's 1971 admission he's a war criminal Reply with quote

Most people now know about Kerry's 1971 Senate testimony thanks to ad #2, but I doubt many people are aware of the self-incriminating things he said 3 days before that on Meet the Press:

Quote:
(Audiotape, April 18, 1971):

MR. CROSBY NOYES (Washington Evening Star): Mr. Kerry, you said at one time or another that you think our policies in Vietnam are tantamount to genocide and that the responsibility lies at all chains of command over there. Do you consider that you personally as a Naval officer committed atrocities in Vietnam or crimes punishable by law in this country?

SEN. KERRY: There are all kinds of atrocities, and I would have to say that, yes, yes, I committed the same kind of atrocities as thousands of other soldiers have committed in that I took part in shootings in free fire zones. I conducted harassment and interdiction fire. I used 50 calibre machine guns, which we were granted and ordered to use, which were our only weapon against people. I took part in search and destroy missions, in the burning of villages. All of this is contrary to the laws of warfare, all of this is contrary to the Geneva Conventions and all of this is ordered as a matter of written established policy by the government of the United States from the top down. And I believe that the men who designed these, the men who designed the free fire zone, the men who ordered us, the men who signed off the air raid strike areas, I think these men, by the letter of the law, the same letter of the law that tried Lieutenant Calley, are war criminals.

I would use the boldened language in the audio tape (I don't think there is any surviving video), with the still photo of him and Al Hubbard taken at the show (the picture is in Unfit For Command).

On Meet the Press with Tim Russert earlier this year, he didn't take any of that back, by the way.

Then the ad could fade to George Bates, officer in Coastal Division 11:
Quote:

"...Kerry beached his boat directly in the small settlement. Upon his command, the numerous small animals were slaughtered by heavy-caliber machine guns. Acting more like a pirate than a naval officer, Kerry disembarked and ran around with a Zippo lighter, burning up the entire hamlet."
p. 62 of Unfit For Command.

Again, using the bold text for the script.

Then the last visual would be this quote from Mark Steyn, Chicago Sun-Times, August 28, 2004, from today's article at www.suntimes.com/output/steyn/cst-edt-steyn29.html

Quote:
"Kerry is now the first self-confessed war criminal in the history of the Republic to be nominated for president."

Then I'd fade in under that text this: "John Kerry. Unfit for command."

I think that would all be pretty powerful stuff.

Larry
low26
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent ,Guys we should do this for sure one of the better ideas I have seen. Let them try to spin this it is his own words I have made this point several times in several places. Just like Ollie North said are you a perjurer or a war criminal
silenthunter
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, Larry, that would be powerful stuff.

I hold a passionate position on Kerry's personal culpability not only in the tortured lives of returning veterans who were so wrongly accused by Kerry, but also in the deaths and woundings of virtually every soldier, sailor, airman, corpsman, nurse, civilian, and farm animal, et. al., who were killed or wounded following the 1971 testimony.

Progression: I think that a 4th or 5th ad should focus on the ramifications of Kerry's testimony and on his place in the Ho Chi Minh City museum. It should have background photos of Kerry, as a Senator, on site accepting recognition for his treason from the Commie in Charge.

It should also include quotes from General Giap, quickly mentioning him as one of the victors at Dien Bien Phu and major player in the struggle against US military people. Link these to the museum part.

And it should close with a shot of the last panels on The Wall. All of those panels would include the names of every American killed in action (and a list of unaccounted for MIA, or reference to them) who fell or went missing on and after the 1971 testimony.

Narrator: "General Giap (and others?), said that without the encouragement of the American anti-war movement (cite again the museum award) Hanoi would have ultimately surrendered. The blood of the people on these panels rests directly on the hands of John Kerry (and others?)"

You would need permission from families of those fallen whose names are read, of course. Fade to black and to silence as names are read, Iraq-style, from those panels.

Or maybe just a visual of those panels without reading names, which may be too distasteful, too much like our MSM, who have no taste.

You will need a crowded 60 seconds for this, but I believe it would be heart wrenching and volatile.
COMCARDIV7, '70-'71
USS Oriskany, CVA34, '69-'71

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it won't be needed until someone tries to take it away." -- Thomas Jefferson
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

low26 wrote:
Excellent ,Guys we should do this for sure one of the better ideas I have seen. Let them try to spin this it is his own words I have made this point several times in several places. Just like Ollie North said are you a perjurer or a war criminal

Perhaps that's something that should be added to the next TV ad:

John Kerry. If he told the truth to the Senate committee while under oath in 1971, he's an admitted war criminal. If he lied, he's a perjurer. Neither one belongs in the Senate, much less the Oval Office.

Fat, Bald and Ugly - And PROUD Of It!
larrygj
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Either way, he's toast.

Larry
mcknz
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, nail him with his own words as much as possible. They will always dispute what you say about him, but they cannot dispute that he said what he did. That's one reason ad #2 was so powerful. Most people still don't know the things he said yet, but when they do they will get off the Kerry bandwagon quicker than he got out of Vietnam.
Herb
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcknz wrote:
Yes, nail him with his own words as much as possible. They will always dispute what you say about him, but they cannot dispute that he said what he did. That's one reason ad #2 was so powerful. Most people still don't know the things he said yet, but when they do they will get off the Kerry bandwagon quicker than he got out of Vietnam.

I would like to SPLIT SCREEN his "running around with an M-16" while he is saying the 50 cal is the ONLY weapon they had against human beings and were ordered to use.

It's a material lie, fairly technical I agree though, but it is IN VIDEO and the great mass of people GET IT WHEN THEY SEE it with their own eyes....
krbays
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:44 am    Post subject: i wanted to submit one too Reply with quote

Would it be difficult to make an ad show vets returning home from Veitnam to crowds of protestors yelling at them throwing things at them... maybe even a decorated war hero that fought with all his heart for our grerat nation with a tear in his eye due to his unfavorible return home...while the sound is from Sern Kerry testifying to congress about war crimes feeding the protestors anger....
krbays
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: i wanted to submit one too Reply with quote

When i get home ill set down a write up a draft... hopefully without the typos.....

GOB BLESS AMERICA....... AND THOSE THAT DEFEND IT....
Herb
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: i wanted to submit one too Reply with quote

krbays wrote:
When i get home ill set down a write up a draft... hopefully without the typos.....

GOB BLESS AMERICA....... AND THOSE THAT DEFEND IT....

Spit on in the airport....while Kerry drones on...maybe a pregant wife welcoming him home and he gets accosted...(don't play fair, play truthfully)
mj_brutus
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: Just my $.02 Reply with quote

Quote:
Would it be difficult to make an ad show vets returning home from Veitnam to crowds of protestors yelling at them throwing things at them... maybe even a decorated war hero that fought with all his heart for our grerat nation with a tear in his eye due to his unfavorible return home...while the sound is from Sern Kerry testifying to congress about war crimes feeding the protestors anger....

A brilliant suggestion!

I think that you Swifties have been most effective when you've kept your charges specific and provable. Specifically, you have been devestating to Kerry's campaign by staying in the news with charges that the MSM has been forced to report on. The first-hand accounts of what you saw Kerry do are what is winning the day for you. Kerry has felt compelled to avoid the issues and instead try to discredit/smear you.

That said, I feel that you would be heading towards treacherous waters if you move towards the larger issues, more subject to interpretation. I share your opinions about Kerry's effect on the outcome of the war, for example, but I think that it could be too readily dismissed by those who don't want to agree with you. I think that your short term goal should be to retain the media spotlight, thus keeping Kerry's focus off of the things that he would like to talk about. Ad #3, featuring Gardner's statement that he served on Kerry's boat longer than anyone, for example, was brilliant. Control the agenda!

I admire you Vets tremendously! I know that some if not many of you have suffered greatly and will be subjected to more dirty deeds from the Kerry camp. I am deeply greatful for both your wartime and for the current sacrifices you are making for your country.
FreddyB
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: I agree, but... Reply with quote

I agree this would be powerful. But let me add a bit of free psychological advice to this. The more you can put ads up that contain Kerry talking in his pseudo-English/New England Prep school accent, the better. No one, literally no one will connect with someone who speaks in such an affected fashion. He will turn off the working class, he will turn off southerners, he will turn off heartland and west coast voters.

In the days of yore, Kerry spoke like a rich preppy who grew up with a silver spoon in his mouth. Use his own words against him. Gather up the tape and put it out.

Freddy
cstrick
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: I like the idea in the first post. Reply with quote

I think you take Kerry making those comments, then fade to the anti-war group protests in the 60's, fading into the anarchists outside the Republican convention.

Then bring up the FBI report about the link between the WWAW and the Viet-cong, fading back to Kerry's comments before Congress.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next two months should be based on the 71 testimony, the 71 press conference and admission of being a war criminal, the effect on the POWs, the VVAW effect of prolonging of the war as admitted by the VC, the testimony that only 3,000 would need to be evacuted and then the millions fleeing.

John Kerry --- wrong in 1971 .... wrong today.
EODARMY
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Looks good. Reply with quote

Need to get off his time in country and crush him on his actions upon returning!

First War Criminal For President?? One Hell Of A Powerful Stament!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: