SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Liberal Attack Machine
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craig

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harris wrote:
mikest wrote:
It's the liberals are evil argument. Of course there are some seriously evil people out ther hoping to convert the world to Islam.

I landed on this site through another forum. After reading what you had to say, I have to regrettably say that posts like yours make me wonder whether this country really does allow for freedom of faith or tolerance for minorities. Your assertion that Muslims are evil reminds of a dictator of the past who used the same tone as you to kill millions of people based upon their faith. I believe that you misunderstand Islam and Muslims. Islam, just like Christianity or any other faith, has hardliners/radicals. You are calling the whole Islamic world evil simply because of the association by faith of Muslims with the radical Muslims, who by the way are a MINORITY. Let me help you understand what I'm trying to get to by asking you something: would as a Christian associate yourself with the members of the KKK? Hope you get the point.

Note: I am neither liberal nor conservative, Democrat nor Republican. You can call me an independent if you like. I did not come here to start trouble. A member on another forum linked this site to show us the letter that The Swift Boat Veterans for Truth sent to John Kerry. I hope I am not banned for having a political view that may be different than the most of you. Smile

How did "some seriously evil people" get converted to "Muslims are evil"?
There are some seriously evil people out there wanting to convert the whole world to Islam - some particular brand of Islam - and I think it is not even the Islam that the most of Muslims are into. Hell, there is seriously evil people who want to impose Christianity all over the place and exclude anything that is not their own brand of Christianity at that.
I never did see that Jesus ever advocated to impose his word on others but to offer it and go away if not accepted.
There are some seriously evil Muslim people who are seriously nasty to other Muslims who do not buy into the evil snots brand of Islam.
Let religious nutcases get their religion a toehold into US government and watch that take us back toward them good old dark ages.
Just take a look at history if any time that Christianity was in great power if things were not ever bit as bonkers as where religion is in great power in the governments of them Islamic places.
Right now Iraqi's want to base their law on Islamic law. I would bet that will be interesting to watch through the years.
There is certainly elements in US who would like to base law on Biblical, Mosaic or some such law - of course they would pervert the daylights out of both it and government.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikest wrote:
When someone can prove that General Anthony Zinni, Brent Scowcroft, Tom Clancy, Richard Clarke, Tucker Carlson, General Joseph Hoar, General Tommy Franks.... are liberals, I may take that argument seriously.

Mikest cannot think for himself, folks.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
There are some seriously evil people out there wanting to convert the whole world to Islam - some particular brand of Islam - and I think it is not even the Islam that the most of Muslims are into. Hell, there is seriously evil people who want to impose Christianity all over the place and exclude anything that is not their own brand of Christianity at that..

Readers,

Behold the "moral equivalency" argument of the leftist. "Imposition of Christianity" does not include the apartheid of women, the Jew hatred, the suicide bombings, the brainwashing and abuse of children, etc. that the "Imposition of Islam" offers.

I never fear running into hordes of suicide-bombing Baptists or Jews when I eat at Sbarro. Your mileage may vary.

Comparing proselytizing Christians to Osama Bin Laden is exactly the moral ignorance that speaks against a John Kerry as president, or today's way-left Democrats from holding significant power in this Republic. This is not even to mention to extremes of idiocy such views are symptomatic of.

Note:

The offerers of such 'wisdom' do not even understand the problems with "moral equivalency" arguments because of their moral incompetence. It's very, very sad. The article "Unskilled and Unaware of It: How Difficulties in Recognizing One's Own Incompetence Lead to Inflated Self-Assessments" ( http://www.apa.org/journals/psp/psp7761121.html ) offers some insights into why this is so:

Abstract: People tend to hold overly favorable views of their abilities in many social and intellectual domains. The authors suggest that this overestimation occurs, in part, because people who are unskilled in these domains suffer a dual burden: Not only do these people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices, but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it. Across 4 studies, the authors found that participants scoring in the bottom quartile on tests of humor, grammar, and logic grossly overestimated their test performance and ability. Although their test scores put them in the 12th percentile, they estimated themselves to be in the 62nd. Several analyses linked this miscalibration to deficits in metacognitive skill, or the capacity to distinguish accuracy from error. Paradoxically, improving the skills of participants, and thus increasing their metacognitive competence, helped them recognize the limitations of their abilities.

Craig, Mikest, Sparky and others: we here at SwiftVets are both amused and saddened by your posts. Amused for their torrential illogic, and sad because we realize you are incapable of understanding your own intellectual limitations.

As a humanistic person and physician, I try through varied methods of debate, sarcasm, and mockery to make you more aware of your issues so that your metacognitive abilities might improve.
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That reminds me of the 39% of the public who believes they're either in the top 1% of income or soon will be.
Craig

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fortdixlover wrote:
Craig wrote:
There are some seriously evil people out there wanting to convert the whole world to Islam - some particular brand of Islam - and I think it is not even the Islam that the most of Muslims are into. Hell, there is seriously evil people who want to impose Christianity all over the place and exclude anything that is not their own brand of Christianity at that..

Readers,

Behold the "moral equivalency" argument of the leftist. "Imposition of Christianity" does not include the apartheid of women, the Jew hatred, the suicide bombings, the brainwashing and abuse of children, etc. that the "Imposition of Islam" offers.

snip rest of strawman

Stating comparisons is not to say that one is equal to the other but there are similarities.
You piced a small part of what I said and made much as a canned speech at what you distorted into a creation of your own.
When folks make up both sides of an argument like that I feel left out of it.
Dave Crosby
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: The Black or White Continuum Reply with quote

The Black OR White Continuum.

I’ve been gone a while and can’t believe how this has been twisted. Most people in ANY group just want to live their lives Period.

At the present time there is A GROUP [NOT ALL] of LIBERALS that will do or say anything to bring down the president during a time of war. They are hurting our soldiers on the front lines. And they can’t see it because they are too blinded by their own hate.

This same breed of cat did the same thing to our troops in Vietnam, and they are proud of the disgrace, death, blood, and tears they harvested.

Today there are acts of terrorism being perpetuated around the world by only one group of people. They are not Christians, Jews, or Athiests.

I wrote Imperial Islam, and I meant Imperial Islam! Not All Islam! There are individuals and groups [that change their names at the flip of a coin] of Muslims that believe they are meant to rule the world, and that no other beliefs are to be allowed. They believe they are justified by God to do anything to anyone -including murdering other Muslims!

They have been at it for a LONG TIME, but we weren’t paying attention.

“They were at war with us, but we were not at war with them.”

Kerry fails to recognize that war and has undermined this country for the past 30 years. That is why he must not become president.
The Democrats selected him blindly, oblivious to all the blood and tears in his “baggage,”and can’t believe that others don’t see him as a War Hero.

There are MANY great Democrats. We deserve Better!

Last edited by Dave Crosby on Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Craig

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black or White Continuum Reply with quote

Dave Crosby wrote:
The Black OR White Continuum.

I’ve been gone a while and can’t believe how this has been twisted. Most people in ANY group just want to live their lives Period.

At the present time there is A GROUP [NOT ALL] of LIBERALS that will do or say anything to bring down the president during a time of war. They are hurting our soldiers on the front lines. And they can’t see it because they are too blinded by their own hate.

This same breed of cat did the same thing to our troops in Vietnam, and they are proud of the disgrace, death, blood, and tears they harvested.

Today there are acts of terrorism being perpetuated around the world by only one group of people. They are not Christians, Jews, or Athiests.

I wrote Imperial Islam, and I meant Imperial Islam! Not All Islam! There are individuals and groups [that change their names at the flip of a coin] of Muslims that believe they are meant to rule the world, and that no other beliefs are to be allowed. They believe they are justified by God to do anything to anyone -including murdering other Muslims!

They have been at it for a LONG TIME, but we weren’t paying attention.

“They were at war with us, but we were not at war with them.”

Kerry fails to recognize that war and has undermined this country for the past 30 years. That is why he must not become president.
The Democrats selected him blindly, oblivious to all the blood and tears in his “baggage,”and can’t believe that others don’t see him as a War Hero.

But Saddam ran Iraq in a quite secular manner and even came down despicably hard on the Shia. I gather that what you term 'imperial Islam' were not terribly fond of him for that.

There were certainly some who are labeled as liberals who opposed raiding Afghanistan but they seem to be mostly a minority of dolts.
I am sure that more or less "group" of folks would have opposed invading Iraq in any case.

You make what seems to me as spurious accusations above about folks who opposed the invasion of Iraq by lumping pretty much together those who might have opposed it altogether and those who opposed doing it right now and those who opposed doing in the manner it was done and those who might have been really dismayed that it be done by those who pursued it.
In a war on terrorism there may have been some battles won. There may well have been attack on an evil bystander - evil maybe but still appears to have been bystander even if it would have sought to be some threat later on.
Whether or not the accusations of self interest are accurate about nations that did not climb on board to Bush war on Iraq there was asked to see the evidence for cause.
When much bogus evidence is presented that is quickly demonstrated to be bogus, then there is cause to not accept as valid some more evidence without some higher standard of verification.
I guess there was some missiles that went twelve or so miles further than they were supposed to - without a payload, though it would seem to me that to really test the damned things they would want to see how it worked with a dummy payload. But that is just a bystander speculation on my part.

People who say that Iraq is not another Vietnam still are wont to make their own comparisons.
Oh well. Right now you won't see me in any demonstrations that demand to get out of Iraq right now.
Some say that Commander in Chief ought to be replaced in the middle of a war. They do not present convincing reasons other than some narrow focus idea that does not take into account that the president and his administration might have displayed incompetence in starting the war, in starting it when it did, in presenting bogus evidence for cause to start the war, for running the war in an incompetent and counterproductive manner....
I do not claim that the above be true and certain. I just say that those are some thing not taken into account when making accusation at people who think there needs to be regime change in US. And I have not seen that Kerry has expressed to tuck tail and get out - as some would accuse to be the purpose of those who would support Kerry.

Oh well. Wasted enough time replying to spurious accusations stated above.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: