SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Former Navy Sec. Lehman stating no knowledge of 3rd Citation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would the Personal Award Recommendations for all the medals be obtainable under FOIA?

I believe that this would solve much of the mystery.
wshhml
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: Kerry caught in lies and stories Reply with quote

Notice how the media doesn't want to cover any of this. It's all about bashing and blaming Bush rather than looking into this. Kerry is the one who labelled himself a hero and makes Vietnam the issue he is running on and it turns out that Kerry is a big-time fraud. The Swift Vets have done a great job in getting people to study Kerry's Vietnam record.
larrygj
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you imagine how the "mainstream" media would react if there were three different citations, years apart, for a medal Bush got, where the last and most embellished citation bears the signature of the Secretary of Navy, but the Secretary of the Navy denies ever signing it or approving the added language? The MSM and the Dems would be crying "crime" and "impeachment"!

This scandal is not going to go away.

Larry
manofaiki
Former Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject: Just sent this e-mail to Oliver North, Ann Coulter, Novak... Reply with quote

Dear ;

Interesting tip about the continuing medal controversy surrounding John Kerry:

Not only does the document on Kerry's website state he got the Silver Star with 'V' for Valor, which is totally bogus since the Navy has never given a single SS with a 'V', but the third Silver Star Citation is signed by John Lehman, who was SecNav from '85 to '87, I believe.

This means Kerry's third citation appears to have the endorsement of a man who did not become SecNav until Kerry was a sitting Senator from Massachusetts.

The Chicago Sun-Times has run a story on the bogus 'V' and pointed out that Al Boorda, a former SecNav, actually committed suicide when it was pointed out his Bronze Star had a 'V' on it and it was exposed as bogus. At the time, Kerry condemned Boorda for embellishing his medals record.

Now the Sun Times also has the same reporter posting an interview with former SecNav Lehman who states he has no idea how his signature got on Kerry's 3rd Silver Star citation.

The best he could come up with was that somebody, without his knowledge or approval, used an 'autopen' to sign the document.

Like Lehman, I think I would remember it if a sitting Senator from Massachussetts approached me and asked me to sign a new citation for a Silver Star he received way back in 1969. Oh, and was publicly filmed supposedly throwing that medal away.

Kerry has been demanding that people listen to and believe only the 14 or so SwifVets that he personally hand-picks to endorse him, and look only at the official military records that he deems worthy to be released to the public.

He insists they ignore the testimony of over 250 other SwiftVets, including 60 eyewitnesses who counter his claims regarding his war record.

How ironic that apparently these same records he has been demanding people look at are now going to be his downfall.

Brian Cates
Portland Texas

P.S.: B.G. Burkett, the author of the book Stolen Valor, has exposed many medal fakers who embellished their offical records by giving themselves a Silver or Bronze Star with a 'V'. Apparently, these men did not know that the Navy does not award a V with any of these medals. Burkett has exposed dozens of fake Vietnam vets and bogus medal holders, and the fake 'v' on their form was one of the key tip offs that the documents had been tampered with.
If you need an expert to discuss the 'V' issue with, please contact Mr. Burkett.

This email was sent to the following people via Townhall.com:

Charles Krauthammer
Robert Novak
David Limbaugh
Oliver North
Mona Charen
Ann Coulter
Rich Lowery
Pat Buchanan

It was sent to Michelle Malkin at her own blog:
Michelle Malkin

You bugged out in Vietnam - so we don't need you commanding us in the War on Terror!

So get lost, John Kerry!!!!!
Cazador
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Manofaiki,

Good note.

However, you might want to send a correction though.

Bronze Stars can have a "V":

Devices

"Additional awards of the Bronze Star Medal are denoted in the U.S. Army and United States Air Force by oak leaf clusters. The U.S. Navy, United States Marines, and U.S. Coast Guard issue award stars to denote subsequent decorations.

The Valor device (or "V" device) is authorized by all services and is awarded to represent valor and does not denote an additional award. Only one may be worn on any ribbon."

Source: http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Bronze%20Star

In fairness, you ought to point this out to them and it makes your report look balanced as well.

Regards,

Cazador

Last edited by Cazador on Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
larrygj
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given all this information and suspicious activity surrounding Kerry's Silver Star, doesn't the Navy have a duty to open an investigation on this and examine all of Kerry's military records? How can the bogus "V" and the doctored (and apparently forged) third citation not be investigated and charges brought against the guilty parties? Taking a pass on this would besmirch every legitimate Silver Star ever awarded to true heroes.

We should all write our elected representatives in Washington and ask that they demand the Department of Defense and the FBI look into these things, election year or no.

Larry
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the election will Kerry be indicted?
acorntree
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was glad to read others had seen the interview where Lehman said it was common to issue replacement citiations. I wonder what has changed. Has Lehman looked into it further and saw it wasn't just a simple replacement? I'm interested to see how this goes.
larrygj
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be much better if he were indicted before the election, don't you think?

Larry
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It would be much better if he were indicted before the election, don't you think?

1000 times better. Let's see what we can do about it. Very Happy
The Ghost
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Silver%20Star

silver star
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ghost wrote:
http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Silver%20Star

silver star

A man of few words.
Marine4life

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, now Lehman says that he didn't sign the certificate. Ya know I believe him. So what is the next logical step? Investigate anyone who had access to his autopen during his watch. When you find the forger he/she will sing like a canary and prove that Kerry had it done on an inside job. This could be the fastest way to send John boy to prison where he belongs. Hope Johnny likes bubba, someone has to be the wife in prison!!! Now that would be justice after what he has done to ruin so many lives. He would be Johnette rather quickly. Semper Fi.
Marine4life

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and I almost forgot, Lehman knows that a public official has a forged document in his posession, that was forged with his signature, so he has a duty to initiate an investigation or face the consequences for altering an official document. Got to love it. Kerry knows that the certificate reads different from the original so he is guilty anyway. Lets demand that Lehman do his job and initiate this investigation through the military and the DOJ. Semper Fi.
docford
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About one week ago I filed a FOIA with the Navy seeking all documents, forms, logs, etc. regarding the Lehman citations. All the issues that are raised in the Frontpage article http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=14774

are addressed in my FOIA.

Doc Ford
HMC (SW) USN
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: