SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bush: Vietnam more heroic than flying jets
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USAF66-70
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:38 am    Post subject: Bush: Vietnam more heroic than flying jets Reply with quote

From Aug 28, 2004 07:56 PM Washington (Reuters) article: Asked if he believed that he and Kerry "served on the same level of heroism," Bush replied, "No, I don't. I think him going to Vietnam was more heroic than my flying fighter jets. He was in harm's way and I wasn't." Also, Bush said: “On the other hand, I served my country. Had my unit been called up, I would have gone."

Also the article notes: “Bush says he does not believe Kerry lied about his record, but he has refused to condemn the [SBVT] ads directly.”

I like how Bush “brings it on”—Bush takes the PC high road and avoids calling Kerry what he obviously is, knowing nothing’s going to stop the Swift Boat vets from exercising their free speech, doing their duty, and exposing & sinking the treasonous & lying flip-flop Kerry.

I think Kerry may have misunderestimated Bush, not to mention the Swift Boat vets. Kerry has met the enemy, and he is him.

USAF 66-70
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a perfect reply. I often think the Bush campaign staff is sitting there with a big smile on their face thinking "Wow, what's left for us to do?" Laughing
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we see who took the high and who has taken the low road. It isn't the person the MSM would have you believe!!
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the MSM is the enemy, if it ws not for them we would not have to worry about a guy like kerry
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:48 am    Post subject: Re: Bush: Vietnam more heroic than flying jets Reply with quote

USAF66-70 wrote:
From Aug 28, 2004 07:56 PM Washington (Reuters) article: Asked if he believed that he and Kerry "served on the same level of heroism," Bush replied, "No, I don't. I think him going to Vietnam was more heroic than my flying fighter jets. He was in harm's way and I wasn't."

From an excelent website: The F-102 claimed the lives of many pilots, including a number stationed at Ellington during Bush's tenure. Of the 875 F-102A production models that entered service, 259 were lost in accidents that killed 70 Air Force and ANG pilots.

If you'd like to see the entire page, PM me and I'll send you a PDF file.
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

air_vet

You just stole the point that I'd have made. Nothing chicken hearted about flying jets. President Bush is self effacing and that is a leadership quality that kerry has no concept of.

For kerry it's all about him...he's the movie star of his old 8mm films...and his Band of Brothers and Rassman...well they're just movie extras.
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with air jet too, flying those Delta Daggers was not safe duty, probably a lot more dangerous day to day than what Kerry did.

Yeah he is humble but Bush is also a good poker player. Wink Wink

Zell Miller
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I joined the Navy...my rationale...if the boat sinks I can swim.

I didn't join the Air Force...my rationale...if the plane has problems I don't have wings.

You see how smart I am!
JROTC
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This needs to be interjected somewhere and it might as well be on this post. I'm pretty sure that I've read that Mr. George H. W. Bush was head of the CIA in this period.

Assuming this is true, how much would the CIA appreciate their commander's son serving in a COMMUNIST COUNTRY?

This whole thing about about W serving in the GUARD - being negative - while we have great women and men serving in the GUARD today protecting our freedoms to be able to make posts like this, makes me ...

God Bless, and let the truth - assuming it gets out - WIN!!
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great point.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the President is handling all of this with perfection.

LT Bush did volunteer to go to Vietnam, by the way... along with three other guys. The squadron took the two with the most flight hours and sent them.

Good choice - that damn thing was as unpredictable as a winged refrigerator under certain circumstances and dodging AA fire was bound to create those circumstances.

But, this has drifted off into a Bush discussion, so it's headed to the geedunk, shortly. Wink
Cazador
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi JROTC,

Here's GHWB's Bio:

"During the 1970's, Mr. Bush held a number of important leadership positions. In 1971, he was named U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations. He served there until 1973, when he became Chairman of the Republican National Committee. In October 1974, Mr. Bush traveled to Peking, where he served as Chief of the U.S. Liaison Office during the critical period when the United States was renewing ties with the People's Republic of China. In 1976, Mr. Bush was appointed Director of the Central Intelligence Agency. He is given credit for strengthening the intelligence community and helping to restore morale at the CIA while Director of the agency."

Congressmen usually do not get the consideration that a CIA director's off-spring do. He may get some consideration as of 1971 though due to his UN post.

Regards,

Cazador
gia_lin_fo
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the possible exception of Starfighter pilots in the Luftwaffe, Guard pilots of that era probably risk their lives flying as much as anyone.

How does Kerry get away with alienating the National Guard?
Cazador
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi gia_lin_fo,

Simple answer?

He doesn't get away with it.

I should imagine that many NG vets are not happy with this portrayal of their service and will vote against kerry in November.

Regards,

Cazador
debinNC
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would someone tell me if joining the Naval Reserve after your request for a deferment is rejected can truly be called "Volunteering for Vietnam?
Somehow I got the impression (possibly incorrect) that the Naval Reserve and National Guard were at that time both capable of being deployed to Vietnam - Kerry was and Bush wasn't, but the choice wasn't theirs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: