SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fl Sun Sentinel Prints Poll about Swift Vets - somewhat good

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
depotoo
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:13 pm    Post subject: Fl Sun Sentinel Prints Poll about Swift Vets - somewhat good Reply with quote

Go here to see article whic is same as front page of paper, paper shows the poll with article. Click on second link for the audio on poll and how the ads have affected them. link to page -
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/elections/sfl-aswiftboatpoll28aug28,0,1876867.story?coll=sfla-news-election

link to audio -
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/elections/sfl-0828aswiftboatpoll28video,0,4897237.realvideo?coll=sfla-news-election

seems it's not as good as I thought, but compared to what we hear in Palm Beach county, was very good- even made front page.

Last edited by depotoo on Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hueygunner
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Doesn't go all the way up to the penthouse Reply with quote

"... nevertheless most Vietnam War veterans would be inclined to support Kerry "because there's a sense that he was one of our fellow comrades."

William H. Lynn, a Vietnam War veteran and leader of a Veterans of Foreign Wars post in Delray Beach.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Say what?!
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't exactly say the article is "all good." Not unless you support Kerry. There is an effort to appear fair and balanced, but way too much emphasis given on printing Kerry supporters and trying to turn the polls in Kerry's favor, I feel.

But, what would we expect for heavily liberal South Florida? (side note, I was born and raised there, grew up in Dania and Hollywood area).
depotoo
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lew - I am definately NOT for Keryy - he scares the daylight out of me! The written poll was very much in favor of the Swift Vets. I am on dial up and just heard the first of it, nad it appeared to be all good, sorry if it wasn't. Sad Also, it is the best I have seen living in Palm Beach County, I even stopped taking our local paper they are soooooo bad! The Palm Beach Post
manelly
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The news media will talk to as many people as they can to find the 1 guy that leans toward them and put him up as if it were the feeling of the entire population. Yah Cool we know that trick.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depotoo, my apologies. I didn't intend to accuse you of being a Kerry supporter, but I guess it looked that way. I was speaking of the article in general.

I left South Florida when I went in the Army in 1969 and stayed gone until 1982, when I moved back, for a short while. I had a difficult time reading the papers there then too.

It's typical for the leftstream media to attempt to turn public opinion away from something it is into something favorable for their boy. That's the way I see the Sun Sentinel article.
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Doesn't go all the way up to the penthouse Reply with quote

Hueygunner wrote:
"... nevertheless most Vietnam War veterans would be inclined to support Kerry "because there's a sense that he was one of our fellow comrades."

William H. Lynn, a Vietnam War veteran and leader of a Veterans of Foreign Wars post in Delray Beach.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Say what?!

from what I've seen in polling results, that's about 90% wrong. Very Happy
arjr111
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is somewhat understandable that civilians, especially those that never served can be pretty dense when it comes to understanding the sacrifice that those who have served made on a daily basis, but the idea that ANY Veteran could support Jane Fonda Kerry is beyond belief!

Simply put ANY Veteran that supports Kerry, cares more for his personal politics, than for the reputation of his fellow Veterans, many of whom made the ultimate sacrifice.

....he cares more for his personal politics, than for the morale, safety and security of todays serving Military.

....he cares more for his personal politics, than for his Country's National Security.

....and he cares more for his personal politics than he cares for the TRUTH!
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

“A major lesson of Vietnam is that American foreign policy should henceforth take into consideration that the liberal university and media, largely apologists for secularism and therefore hostile to the traditional values of the American majority, have created within our society a large and dangerous bloc lacking in the intellectual and moral foundations necessary to defend freedom."

Read the entire article (very, very enriching) at: http://www.i-served.com/v-v-a-r.org/VietnamAndTheMedia_part08.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: