SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another NY Times Makes Your Blood Boil Article
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Another NY Times Makes Your Blood Boil Article Reply with quote

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/08/29/national/29vietnam.html

If you think Molly Ivins makes your blood boil, then read this despicable three-page article in today’s NY Times. It takes the SBVT opportunity to rehash Bush’s National Guard service by comparing Kerry to Bush in the 1960s!!
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please note the two photos of Bush and Kerry that sit along side this article, and tell me if you find something interesting in them?
twinkleUSA
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhist wrote:
Please note the two photos of Bush and Kerry that sit along side this article, and tell me if you find something interesting in them?

Bush is smiling and appears to be happy... and Kerry looks like he is about to be taken to the gallows or something.
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twinkleUSA wrote:
Bhist wrote:

Bush is smiling and appears to be happy... and Kerry looks like he is about to be taken to the gallows or something.

You must be blind or don't keep up with current affairs. The opposite of your observations is true.
twinkleUSA
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhist wrote:

You must be blind or don't keep up with current affairs. The opposite of your observations is true.

HUH??????????????????????????????????????
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Another NY... Reply with quote

Not much has changed since 1970. We still have the unemployed and trustfund cheesy punks marching in the streets. We still have only a fraction of the respect VVets deserve. We still have Flipper John and Hanoi Jane. We still have communists and terrorism. However, it's changed immensely from what our founding fathers had in mind. Perhaps, it's time for a constitutional amendment to limit the size and monetary connections of the press. Anyone else believe a change is warranted? I believe in a free press, received an undergraduate degree in journalism but chose business as a career due to the radical, undesirable nature of the American press. I never thought I'd come to this but the Swiftee cause seems to prove the fourth estate is a bit over the top.
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twinkleUSA wrote:
Bhist wrote:

HUH??????????????????????????????????????

You don't get it!!

The photos are:

Bush looks dumb and Kerry looks happy -- visible proof of NY Times liberal slant.
markasass
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The New York Times is as dishonest, disingenuous, dishonorable, disgusting, and despicable as the rest of the KKK aka Kerry Kool-Aid Kamp.

The New York times is unfair-and-unbalanced, biased, unprofessional, lacking integrity, and not exactly looking out for the people. But what do you expect from the so-called "newspaper of record" (think Jayson Blair), who is supporting a prevaricating, traitorous, coreless, opportunistic, myopic, microcephalic, and egomaniacal self-proclaimed "war hero"?

This article is so full of deliberate mischaracterizations, innuendo, and outright lies as to not be worthy of using to pick up my dogs' "Kerry's".

BTW, the article infuriated me, too, in case I didn't make that clear.

"Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. To all the people you can. As long as you ever can." - Wesley

Last edited by markasass on Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
twinkleUSA
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry isn't even smiling. Forgive me if I missed your slant on the photos... you asked what people saw. If you see Bush looking dumb or something, forgive me if I see something different.... I see a smiling young man, not a dumb one. That just goes to show how people can look at the same thing and see something different.

On the other hand... it is kinda rude of you to say that I am blind because I did not see what you see in the pictures. And your insinuation that I do not keep up with current events is uncalled for. Do not attack me for what I saw in the photos.

I am squarely on the side of the SBVT AND GWB. Perhaps that is why I only saw a smiling happy man. And I have been fully aware of the media slant towards the left (to put it nicely) for more years than I care to count.

Now play nice... lol
markasass
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The New York Times is as dishonest, disingenuous, dishonorable, disgusting, and despicable as the rest of the KKK aka Kerry Kool-Aid Kamp.

The New York times is unfair-and-unbalanced, biased, unprofessional, lacking integrity, and not exactly looking out for the people. But what do you expect from the so-called "newspaper of record" (think Jayson Blair), who is supporting a prevaricating, traitorous, coreless, opportunistic, myopic, microcephalic, and egomaniacal self-proclained "war hero".

This article is so full of deliberate mischaracterizations, innuendo, and outright lies as to not be worthy of using to pick up my dogs' "Kerry's".

BTW, the article infuriated me, too, in case I didn't make that clear.

"Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. To all the people you can. As long as you ever can." - Wesley
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twinkleUSA wrote:
Kerry isn't even smiling. Forgive me if I missed your slant on the photos... you asked what people saw. If you see Bush looking dumb or something, forgive me if I see something different.... I see a smiling young man, not a dumb one. That just goes to show how people can look at the same thing and see something different.

On the other hand... it is kinda rude of you to say that I am blind because I did not see what you see in the pictures. And your insinuation that I do not keep up with current events is uncalled for. Do not attack me for what I saw in the photos.

I am squarely on the side of the SBVT AND GWB. Perhaps that is why I only saw a smiling happy man. And I have been fully aware of the media slant towards the left (to put it nicely) for more years than I care to count.

Now play nice... lol

Twinkle -- it's obvious the photo you're looking at is NOT the one associated with the article. Sorry if I offended you.
twinkleUSA
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No probs Bhist... although I was a little shocked by your comments...lol.

I think you may be referring to the Retro vs Metro pics. Those are advertising pics for "The Great Divide". An obviously pro Kerry, left leaning organization. Yes... they have a bad pic of Bush compared to a goofy looking smiling Kerry.
The pics I was referring to (and the ones I thought you were talking about) are the ones shown associated with the disgusting NY Times article to the right side of the page underneath the caption "Multimedia. Graphic: Their Early Years".

Sorry for the misunderstanding... and thanks for pointing out the article... even though I had to <gag> give my email addy to the NY Times to read it... lol.
roughfun
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because of the NY Times well known incestuous involvment with the DNC could they be classified as an illegal 527 group?
DenisC
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is interesting how they ALWAYS forget to mention that Kerry also joined the Reserves after being turned down for a deferment he had requested. My father always said, "Leaving out key parts of the story, is worse than a lie."

The good news is, right there on under "Best Sellers" is UNFIT FOR COMMAND as number 1.
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Kerry is supposed to be Metro meaning modern why is it he cant leave the 1960s out of his campaign?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: