SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good news from Rasmussen
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Indianbaboon
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:26 am    Post subject: Good news from Rasmussen Reply with quote

not so much in the straight up poll but in the electoral vote projections, bush grabbed 17 more to take a 10 vote lead over Kerry from yesterday to today. I hopei t's the start of a trend.

watching Rasmussen we saw a strong kerry lead die as swifties picked up moemntem, then a kind of stagnation as MSM battled to smear teh honorobale O'Neill and co. and now it looks as though swifties have made it through the smoke and are firmly charging forward again. I grin like a homicidalmaniac.
PC
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject: Good News Reply with quote

I check Rasmussen every day. Today was great news.

I sense President Bush might start a big time runaway from this point on.

There is an intangible in this race and I have read it many times. In every Presidential election, with the exception of Nixon-McGovern, the guy perceived to be the nicer guy wins. It's that simple. Maybe looking further back in history this can be disputed, but it sounds about right.

The great thing about Kerry is the more you see of the guy, the more he grates on you.

Also, I think the more the press shows old photos of kerry, the easier it is to dislike him as he even comes across more like the tight-assed, privilidged- swiss-boarding-school, ***** that he is.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If trips around the world were being given away for charisma, John F-ing Kerry couldn't get to Paducah.
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone,

News from Rasmussen continues to be good overall. Michigan according to them has tilted to Kerry, but Bush still maintians his lead in the EVs in spite of that. Furthermore the national numbers and internals all favor Bush.

Truth is Beauty
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Rasmussen Reply with quote

Rasmussen's news is good. But it is much to early to get complacent. Polls can change overnignt as we have seen. Kerry and Co will do or say anything to win. Truth Honor and Integrity, I believe is not something Kerry and Co understand.

RHV
Bostonian
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been keeping my eyes on this:

http://128.255.244.60/graphs/graph_Pres04_WTA.cfm
WalterW
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walter,

That's a graph of what?
gee williger
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You GottaBeKidding wrote:
Walter,

That's a graph of what?

I believe it is a graph of the cost of a $1 futures contract on who will win the presidency. As you can see from the graph, the cost of the REP04 (this contract pays if Bush wins), has recently trended higher, suggesting that the people investing in these contracts feel that Bush is more likely to win than he was a couple weeks ago.

more info on the site that hosts these futures contracts here:
http://www.biz.uiowa.edu/iem/

As can also be seen in the graph, these results fluctuate with the polls and the news...

This horserace ends November 2nd, and it is wise to keep pushing the message as hard as we can until then, dont slack because you think the battle is won, because this war has only just begun!
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a poll that I take great stock in. Please understand, I used to work in this field..what this shows and has shown, in accordance with other polls..LATIMES, TIME, NBC..so forth, is a changing of the tide and 'mini mo' for the President. A gradual rise in the Presidents numbers, is what one would want to see in a campaign..now, it is time for the "kill" so to speak. Neither the President on his part..and us on our part..have to keep up the pressure until the Kerry campaign implodes.

The changing of the electoral field is of major importance..it is becoming quite clear that those undecided voters are now about ready to commit to the truth about Kerry..we need to drive it home..and I know, we will.

The American voter tends to be slow to realization, but once they have made up their minds this close to the election, the sale is almost complete.

JMO? The Swifties are responsible for this turnaround..thank you Swifties!

PD
PC
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject: Good Numbers Today Reply with quote

Rasmussen has Bush at 49% to Kerry's 45.

This is the first time President Bush has reached 49% since kerry entered the race.
RocketFett
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing that Limbaugh just said which I believe directly touches on this and the polling of the next couple weeks, is that Senator Miller's speech WILL effect and touch off a mass defection of Reagan Democrats, LEGITIMATE moderate democrats who are sick and tired of their party being hijacked by the liberal radical fringe elements. Senator Zell Miller isn't alone, thank God. He represents millions of rational democrats who voted for Reagan and now have had it put to them to stand up against their indifference and act to take back their party, and vote for President Bush. kerry has to have those people to win, and he no longer has them. I really believe that easily a million or more democrats will not vote for kerry after that speech last night. Anyone who will be voting, will have seen that speech last night. Anyone who didn't take an hour to listen to it, won't take the time to go actually vote. That's a proven fact. If you can't take the time to just watch a speech at home, a speech that has been talked about all over the media this week, then you likely won't take the time to go vote and stand in a line, burn gas and time, etc. I think it's very possible that kerry lost after that speech. Those Reagan Democrats are sick and tired of the pinko liberals cramming their coup takeover of their party down their throats and telling them to shut up. They will not let the kerrys, kennedys, mccauliffes, pelosis, and clintons steal their party anymore. I think this speech last night has finally given them their wake up call and been the shot in the dark to take action and not just be mind numbed drones, in a fog of lies and self-deception that their party is still the party of FDR and JFKENNEDY. It's not. And they have known it for years, but never acted on it. I think they will act on it now, after Senator Miller's speech. If only a couple hundred thousand of those Reagan Democrats in a few key close states act on that, which makes sense since those are the more moderate non-liberal States, then kerry will never get those states and he loses. And he can't switch tacks to handle it because SBVT will NOT get off his back! Once you have your boot on a guys throat you keep it there! You do NOT change feet! Smile
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:42 pm    Post subject: Rasmussen Polls Reply with quote

There might be something much bigger hidden in today's Rasmussen numbers. The percentages published by Rasmussen are 3-day moving averages. The Rasmussen site says that they switched from polling 500 people per night up until August 31 to 1000 people per night starting September 1, meaning that today's results are a composite of 1,000 people polled September 1, 500 people polled Aug. 31, and 500 people polled August 30.

Today's results show Bush up 49-45, but yesterday's results show a tie 47-47, and 2/3 of yesterday's results (1000 out of 1500) comprise half of today's results. This would mean that the polling conducted yesterday (after the speeches by McCain, Giuliani, Schwarzenegger, and Laura Bush, but BEFORE the speeches of Zell Miller and Dick Cheney) would probably give Bush about an 8-point lead, so that the average would give Bush a 4-point lead.

Keep an eye on these Rasmussen numbers over the next three days to see whether this is permanent. We have not yet seen the results of Zell Miller's speech on poll numbers, nor the result of President Bush's speech (which no one has heard yet). The full impact of the convention will not be known until September 5, when the entire "moving average" will include voters interviewed after the RNC.

These Rasmussen numbers have been continuously been within 3 points for MONTHS, and the Rasmussen site has said all along that if either candidate gets a 5-point advantage in the national average, the swing states will follow and that candidate will get enough Electoral College votes to win the Presidency.

Bush already has a 4-point advantage, and the full effect has yet to be seen, since pre-convention numbers are damping the moving average. It's true that a post-convention bounce can be damped out as the Kerry campaign responds to the criticism given by the RNC, but it's up to the SBVT to keep Kerry preoccupied by how he smeared Vietnam veterans and negotiated with the enemy in 1971, and let Bush take the "high road" in the War on Terror.

As Kerry so unwisely said last month, BRING IT ON!!!
Kathy Kay
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Good News Reply with quote

PC wrote:
I check Rasmussen every day. Today was great news.

Also, I think the more the press shows old photos of kerry, the easier it is to dislike him as he even comes across more like the tight-assed, privilidged- swiss-boarding-school, p***y that he is.

I personally would like to see a commercial where his pronunciation of "Ghengis Kahn" from the notorious congressional testimony would be simply looped and played over and over and over again. It really shows him for the pretentious elitist he is. No "man of the people" I know talks like that.
bagpiper
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:56 pm    Post subject: Right o Reply with quote

Rocketfett,
I think you've hit the nail on the head....
I talked to my Aunt this morning, one of those who still thinks 'once a democrat always a democrat'....she's 70..
She has been really confused lately. I KNOW the SBVT ad's added to that confusion, she asked me, "You've never talked about Vietnam, could you tell me 'what's the deal with this Kerry guy?'
Ahhh, I said to myself 'gotcha'! I proceed to lay it out, 'between you and me', the level of anger I held towards this man, why I considered him a TRAITOR, and WHY Zell Miller was so angry was because Kerry hadn't changed since Vietnam. Once an AntiWar activist, always an activist. That the democratic party now stands for 'Citizens of the World', and would most likely dump the Constitution the first opportunity they get to 'join' the OWG. And then I told her, "every Vet who's ever died, in any war, would have died in vain."
With only a little back and forth, I told her "Vote your conscience, but don't tell me how you voted, because if you vote for Kerry and tell me, I'm liable to not ever speak to you again."
THAT turned the tide! ONE DEMOCRAT DOWN for Bush! If this conversation is going on all over the country, by regular folks, Kerry is TOAST...
BTW, she's still laboring under the impression that I am still a Democrat too...my party affilitation has been 'unaffiliated' since Carter...Wink (nobody's business)

Yeah...go Swifties..go, go Swifties go....(a little cheer leading...!)

DMLambert
ex-SP4 '72-'75
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: