SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need Info on several items please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: Need Info on several items please Reply with quote

I need info for the following, please:

Who was 4th Coastal Intell Officer FEB/MAR 69?

Where was CTF 115 located? SAIGON? (Hoffman)

Where was CTF 115.4 located? (Lonsdale)

Where was CTF 194.5.4.4 located? (Elliot)

Who was OINC of PCF-50 on 13 Feb 69? PSYOPS mission

Who was CTF 194.5.4.5 STREULI?

Did these commanders move their operations afloat? USCGC SPENCER or USS WASHTENAW COUNTY

Where did Kerry berth on a regular basis? USS WASHTENAW COUNTY? or USCGC SPENCER?

Any help is appreciated.

thanks,

- instigator
baldeagl
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoffman was in Cam Ranh Bay.
Elliot was at An Thoi.

The rest I can't answer.
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baldeagl,

Thanks, Shipmate!!

I'll be posting my findings on all the Kerry website after-action reports as soon as I get this last bit of info.

- instigator
Jack Hetherton, jr
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chief, I was an ET1 stationed at NSF Cam Ranh Bay April 68-Dec 69. I too am not an instigator or trying to stir up crap, but I have asked a couple times with no replies...I have pictures of PCF44 tied up the pier in Cam Ranh. Where was the foregunner, Wagoner , with Lt. Kerry on the 44 boat? I understand that Kerry first went to CRB for training, on the 44 boat with Gardener? Maybe that is when he first got his first phony PH. I can understand why the civilians can't figure this all out when I can't after I was stationed there for 20 months. Regardless, I have faith that the truth will come out so the whole world can know and Kerry will have to live with it the rest of life knowing that there is 50'000+ true hero's waiting to have a chat with him he dies. Jack
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack Hetherton, jr wrote:
Chief, I was an ET1 stationed at NSF Cam Ranh Bay April 68-Dec 69. I too am not an instigator or trying to stir up crap, but I have asked a couple times with no replies...I have pictures of PCF44 tied up the pier in Cam Ranh. Where was the foregunner, Wagoner , with Lt. Kerry on the 44 boat? I understand that Kerry first went to CRB for training, on the 44 boat with Gardener? Maybe that is when he first got his first phony PH. I can understand why the civilians can't figure this all out when I can't after I was stationed there for 20 months. Regardless, I have faith that the truth will come out so the whole world can know and Kerry will have to live with it the rest of life knowing that there is 50'000+ true hero's waiting to have a chat with him he dies. Jack

Jack,

Any chance you have those pictures uploaded somewhere via internet that we can see?

I think Gardner was in Vietnam well before Kerry. I'm not positive - I don't have a lot of info on the people themselves. Kerry was in a Boston Whaler on 2 Dec 68 when he wounded himself. I believe Schatche (spelling?) was with him that time. Gardner was the gunner on PCF-44 with Kerry for about 2 months or more. NOV-JAN 29 or there abouts. Wagoner I don't know anything about.

Hope this helps

- instigator
Jack Hetherton, jr
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Navy Chief: I will try to get the scanner working for those pictures of the 44 boat and others at CRB. How should I send them.? Jack at arajack@ptialaska.net. Best I can figure I took them around Jan 69.
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack,

I'm not the best internet type. Maybe someone reading knows how to do this? Post on a website? Floating ideas here....

- instigator
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

E-mail as an attachment, unless you want the whole world being able to see them. Good security never hurts. Attach 1 or 2 files per E-mail so you don't get them bounced for being too big. If you get somebody else on here that has a Web page up, they could tell you the path/password to post them on their existing site, also.
baldeagl
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chief, you've got my curiosity up. How'd you figure out the relationships of the various numerical designations? (CTF 194.5.4.4 for example.)

I think those are the key to proving that Kerry wrote the after action reports for his BS and SS medal incidents.
baldeagl
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can send the pics to me, and I'll get them up on the web for you. antimedia@sbcglobal.net

I don't need to worry about bandwidth or disk space.
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baldeagl wrote:
Chief, you've got my curiosity up. How'd you figure out the relationships of the various numerical designations? (CTF 194.5.4.4 for example.)

I think those are the key to proving that Kerry wrote the after action reports for his BS and SS medal incidents.

rots and rots of research... Cool

The only problem with the unit designation is equating which days Kerry was OTC for the mission or in the 13 FEB 69 SPOT where Kerry is the only boat - he wrote it. Also the 13 Mar 69 SPOT he wrote because in his book T of D he says he was the OTC for the mission. Also, 28 Feb he was the OTC because the Command History Report says, "the OTC directed the boats to beach". This was Kerry's claim to fame but unfortunately his 28 FEB 69 SPOT REPORT is not on his website.

The Task Elements didn't always stay the same as was pointed out to me. for example CTE 194.5.4.4./1 this may have been Kerry for one mission and then changed to /2 for the next.

- instigator
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: