SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Turn On Fox News Sunday

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slednfool
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject: Turn On Fox News Sunday Reply with quote

The panel is coming up next. Watch Brit pound Juan.

Its on your local Fox station, not on Fox News till later.
OsanFAC
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Brit Hume and Juan Reply with quote

Unfortuately Brit was very disappointing. Juan said that the Swiftvets claims are being proven untrue and that they are backpeddling. All Brit would say is that the story wasn't going to die. I was very disappointed in Brit in comparison to his past performance. The Big Lie process is continuing in the MSM without oppositon. All they want to talk about is if Bush is behind it and muddy the waters away from the central issue!

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke
Skywatch
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched the replay of this and was aghast to hear Brit open the segment with a claim that the Kerry's version of events seemed to be "more right" than the Swift vets. Equally disturbing (but not as surprising) was Juan Williams's claim that the Swifities have been hastily "backing up" from their claims. While I like to think I'm informed about this controversy, unless these guys are just making this stuff up, they are incredibly misinformed for prominent journalists. I'm going to have to reconsider my opinion of Fox News. A letter expressing my displeasure was sent.
Doug
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brit is the only one who gets it...
Phase two is coming and won't be going away...

http://2mygallery.com/kerry/kerry.html

Doug
Vietnam 69-70
USWORHOCKEY
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to say it but I think these guys are really being pressured to back off the story. O'Reilly fine I expect him to cave in, but Brit? What the H*ll is going on here?
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mara Liason is having a real problem putting words in President Bush's mouth. He never said the things she claimed he said. Juan is so pitiful. He talks and acts scared about the entire SVFT matter. You can tell he knows deep in his heart we are right and Kerry is lying. Brit was being a gentleman but the most important thing he said was that the story is not going away and it is getting stronger. Mara: President Bush NEVER "admitted" that John Kerry's Vietnam service was more admirable than his. Read the transcript. You are taking major liberties with the truth and it's really lousy journalism. Watch your mouth, girl. Start behaving like a professional. If the story is moving faster than you can keep up, then work harder at night to keep track of the facts. Don't make them up as you go. It's really tacky.
Skywatch
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USWORHOCKEY wrote:
I hate to say it but I think these guys are really being pressured to back off the story. O'Reilly fine I expect him to cave in, but Brit? What the H*ll is going on here?

I think it could be argued that we're seeing the precursors to an "old media" imposed news blackout for the SBVT. If so, I sincerely hope the "new media" is up to the task.

Last edited by Skywatch on Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
notjfk
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree - in this day and age, these journalists surely have to do alot of reading at night to keep up - but they must, if they want to be good journalists.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the SBVFT need to come up with a definitive list of facts, and reasons why John Kerry can't be president. A well thought out, well put together, reasoned piece of work with exibit A, exibit B, testimonies, documents, etc. Something all wrapped up in a master presentation that the media would be forced to deal with - and thus, Kerry.

I would like to believe that the best is yet to come on this front.
GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was disappointed that Brit didn't go after Juan's lies also. I sent Brit an email, and told him to make Juan "stop the spinning" -- that there are at least 3 lies that everyone (even Kerry) agrees to now (paraphrased below):
1. Christmas in Cambodia - False
2. The first Purple Heart - False
3. That Kerry went to the rescue when all the other boats fled.

What is the deal with telling the truth...it's easier to tell the truth, than a lie!!! Evil or Very Mad
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!
OsanFAC
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: Major Garrett Reply with quote

I have been sending emails to the media and just received a very pleasant response for Major Garrett. He has been on this story from the beginning and is apparently very proud of his work to date. I suggest contacting him and perhaps ranting a little about Juan Williams misinformation campaign and Brit's poor performance today.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, Bush came out today (or was it yesterday?) and said something to
that effect. OH, they just had the clip... he said Kerry was more heroic than he was... that's the way to take the sting out of kerry's lashing out at bush only serving in the Guard.... OOOOOOOONLY?????????

Birt Hume - well, I hate to think that of Brit... maybe he's just been told to be careful how he says it... the last few times he 's been very shap with Juan and others when they say the swiftvets are liars, etc...; they might have complained about it....
some info sure needs sent to Juan (and others) with a notice to know their subject or shut up about it.... A notice to management also.... some of these people just aren't doing their homework.... cnn and msnbc also.... but there's no hope for them....
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My email to Fox News

Quote:

To: roger.ailes@foxnews.com, special@foxnews.com, weekendlive@foxnews.com, FNS@foxnews.com, friends@foxnews.com, major.garrett@foxnews.com, comments@foxnews.com

On Fox News Sunday Brit Hume said the documents mostly back up Kerry’s versions of events. John O’Neill has said what Kerry did after the war is even more important than what he did in Vietnam. Kerry’s spokesman Michael Meehan said “Kerry did not go to Paris with the intention of meeting with participants in the peace talks or involving himself in the negotiations, Meehan added, saying that while there Kerry had his brief meeting with Binh, which included members of both delegations to the peace talks.” 1 Do you really believe the documents show Kerry had no intention of meeting with Madam Binh when he flew to Paris ? Also Kerry did not meet with the USA or South Vietnamese delegations. So Kerry’s spokesman’s claim the Kerry met with both delegations is a lie. Kerry said in his senate testimony that he “talked with both delegations at the peace talks, that is to say the Democratic Republic of Vietnam and the Provisional Revolutionary Government “ . So that is two lies Kerry’s spokesman said in just one interview.

Kerry used his Cambodia tale to stop aid to the Contras in 1986 .Even the Washington Post said this

“But Kerry has repeated his Cambodia tale throughout his adult life. He has claimed that the epiphany he had that Christmas of 1968 was about truthfulness. "One of the things that most struck me about Vietnam was how people were lied to," he explained in a subsequent interview. If -- as seems almost surely the case -- Kerry himself has lied about what he did in Vietnam, and has done so not merely to spice his biography but to influence national policy, then he is surely not the kind of man we want as our president.”2

It is funny how the SwiftVets were able to figure out that Nixon was not President in 1968 but none of the mainstream press ever did. The documents prove the SwiftVets were correct on this.

Juan Williams claimed the SwiftVets were backpedaling .But who changed the Cambonia story at least six times in the last week alone? It was Kerry, not the SwiftVets.

Kerry’s spokesmen now admit Kerry may have self-inflicted his first wound . Isn’t that Kerry backpedaling ?

Kerry claims it is wrong to question anyone who served military record .But he himself has been endlessly attacking Bush’s record . In many speeches Kerry and his spokespeople have claimed we don’t know if Bush ever even showed up for National Guard service . Even this last week Kerry’s spokeswoman said this on Hannity and Colmes “ MARYANNE MARSH, DEMOCRATIC STRATEGIST: Well, I think whether there's a connection or not, I think what you have to look at is what John Kerry needs to do.

And what John Kerry needs to do is to hit Bush as hard as Bush has hit him. And the way you do that is you remind people that Bush betrayed this country about why we went to war in Iraq, just like he betrayed them when he didn't fight in Vietnam. “ 3

Do the documents prove as Kerry’s spokespeople claim that anyone who didn’t fight in Vietnam “Betrayed this country “? Why when Kerry cries about the SwiftVets ads why don’t you point out that Kerry has been unfairly attacking other vets service for over 35 years. Even in “Tour of Duty” he claimed his superiors were war criminals. This was just this year.

Kerry has claimed the USA murdered 200,000 Vietnamese every year doing the war . Do the documents prove this ? No they don’t .

Kerry’s statements were used to torture American POWs .The documents prove this charge of the SwiftVets . Kerry has tried to stop a book from being published,tried to stop TV stations from airing ads agaisnt him. Do the documents say he has the right to do these things?

1 The Boston Globe Kerry spoke of meeting negotiators on Vietnam

By Michael Kranish and Patrick Healy, Globe Staff, 3/25/2004

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2004/03/25/kerry_spoke_of_meeting_negotiators_on_vietnam/

2 Kerry's Cambodia Whopper

By Joshua MuravchikTuesday, August 24, 2004

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A27211-2004Aug23.html

3 Hannity & Colmes (Fox News Network); 8/23/2004; Sean Hannity, Alan Colmes

arjr111
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My take is that Fox has concluded that Kerry is making "backlash" points, with his "it's all a Republican smear campaign. They are balking, due to the nature of, the back and forth, he said, they said, concerning who did what, when and where, 35 years ago.

Fox does not want to get caught on the wrong side of a fact, and they are willing to err in the favor of the Kerry side. But, theyalso know that Kerry has bigger problems.

Which is why the Panel put the EMPHASIS on Kerry's testimony before the Senate Commitee. Kerry's pretentious, slanderous, perjurious testimony is something that he can not wiggle out of, because every lying word is on tape!

Even the pro-Kerry cheering section of the panel was cognizant of the ill-effects Kerry's own words have had, and will have on his chances to become Commander in Chief.

After-all who in their right mind would want a CiC that treats his nations protectors THAT way!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: