SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A new version of Rassmann event in Congressional Record!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Curmudgeon
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: A new version of Rassmann event in Congressional Record!!! Reply with quote

Set your VCRs and TIVOs to record the rerun of “Special Report” on FOX News tonight. They have found yet another version of the Rassmann story in a Jan 28, 1998 eulogy Kerry put into the Congressional Record. He says the mine blew HIS boat two feet in the air, but Rassmann fell off when the boat turned sharply to starboard while he was walking along the gunnels to get another M60 for the gunner.

This is becoming way too much fun.

Regards,

Dave

-
wpage
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was in contrast Kerry's Version(s). I will watch again.

It just keeps on coming. Great job to whoever found this !!!!!
www.thebattleofkontum.com
larrygj
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More proof that Kerry kept shamelessly hijacking other sailors' glory for his self-promoting purposes, adding to his lies and embellishments over the years (not unlike his various "edits" in the citation for his Silver Star with the bogus "v").

Pretty soon we'll hear him saying that he almost won the war in Vietnam single-handedly, but just at the last moment he achieved peace by surrendering to himself as representative of the VC and the North Vietnamese.

Larry
mj_brutus
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Well he did ... Reply with quote

He did bring that renegade Col Kurtz to justice on his Xmas trip to Cambodia. Didn't he?
larrygj
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mj_brutus,

LMAO! Good one. "The horror, the horror..."
Curmudgeon
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good grief, I had to open and scroll through 120 pages to get to the right page in the Congressional Record. It starts on page S186 for January 28, 1998 at:

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getpage.cgi?position=all&page=S186&dbname=1998_record

Here are the relevant paragraphs:

Quote:
There was the time we were carrying special forces up a river and a mine exploded under our boat sending it 2 feet into the air. We were receiving incoming rocket and small arms fire and Tommy was returning fire with his M–60 machine gun when it literally broke apart in his hands. He was left holding the pieces unable to fire back while one of the Green Berets walked along the edge of the boat to get Tommy another M–60. As he was doing so, the boat made a high speed turn to starboard and the Green Beret kept going—straight into the river. The entire time while the boat went back to get the Green Beret, Tommy was without a machine gun or a weapon of any kind, but all the time he was hurling the greatest single string of Lowell-Chelmsford curses ever heard at the Viet Cong. He literally had swear words with tracers on them!

There was, of course, the moment in February, 1969 when he was positioned in the very bow of the boat—in the totally exposed peak tank—with more than half his body just sticking up exposed to the enemy, when 3 boats turned toward the river bank and Tommy found himself staring straight into an ambush 20 yards ahead. He never flinched as he charged the beach and routed the enemy—not just once, but twice. For Seaman Belodeau’s devotion to duty, courage under fire, and exemplary professionalism, in the highest tradition of the Navy he was awarded the Bronze Star with Combat V.

I cannot adequately convey or describe to you the measure of this man at war—standing in his peak tank in the bow, screaming up a river in the dead of night, no moon, 50 yards from Cambodia literally bouncing off the river bank, waiting for a mine to go off or a rocket to explode—and always steady, always dependable, always there for the rest of the crew.

Regards,

Dave
Curmudgeon
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Well he did ... Reply with quote

mj_brutus wrote:
He did bring that renegade Col Kurtz to justice on his Xmas trip to Cambodia. Didn't he?

Note the new claim of patrols along the Cambodian border in February.

Regards,

Dave

-
vickie
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: This must have been when VC the dog was... Reply with quote

This must have been when VC, the dog, was blown over to another boat. ...
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody with some time on their hands really needs to track down all the Kerry campaign versions of this story and put them all in one place.

Anybody up to tackling that one?

I would, but my lil red wagon is overflowing.....
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: A new version of Rassmann event in Congressional Record! Reply with quote

Curmudgeon wrote:
Set your VCRs and TIVOs to record the rerun of “Special Report” on FOX News tonight. They have found yet another version of the Rassmann story in a Jan 28, 1998 eulogy

It was pointed out some time ago on these boards. I managed to compile a number of the accounts.
jalexson
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
Somebody with some time on their hands really needs to track down all the Kerry campaign versions of this story and put them all in one place.

Anybody up to tackling that one?

I would, but my lil red wagon is overflowing.....

Bandit's been trying to. However, considering the number of different versions two or more people might be required.
"That awful power, the public opinion of a nation, is created in America by a horde of ignorant, self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditching and shoe making and fetched up in journalism on their way to the poor house."
-- Mark Twain
The bandit
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:16 am    Post subject: Re: A new version of Rassmann event in Congressional Record! Reply with quote

Curmudgeon wrote:
Set your VCRs and TIVOs to record the rerun of “Special Report” on FOX News tonight. They have found yet another version of the Rassmann story in a Jan 28, 1998 eulogy Kerry put into the Congressional Record.

No they didn't. I found it over two months ago and sent it to them along with other media outlets, just like I did with the Alston story.

Sheeeeeeeesh!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: