SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vietnam Vet Protest Against Kerry / Post-rally Comments
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
notjfk
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jccooper wrote:
I'm sure there are many more out there besides me that just can't make the trip on Sept 12th. Is there some way that a web site could be set up that would simply register a person if they signed in as a sort of internet protest? I think something like showing a million or so hits would be pretty impressive also. Heck, maybe just leave it up from 9/12 until the election.

Just a thought.

Well... I did what you said. This site is mainly for people to sign up that can't go, to show that they support the Rally. Let's see how many people we can get to sign up!! Here is the link: http://protestkerry.proboards34.com/

And here is the first post:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By registering, you are adding your name to the list of people that are protesting John Kerry and the lies that he put forward during Vietnam, when he testified before the Senate that the American soldiers were war criminals who raped, tortured, and murdered in Vietnam. http://www.wintersoldier.com/audio/warcrimes.mp3

This was started as a place to show support for the "Kerry Lied. . . While Good Men Died" rally (September 12, Washington, D.C.). It is for those who can, and cannot attend the rally, to show their support by being part of the community that is protesting John Kerry and what he said and still has not apologized for. For more information, please see http://www.KerryLied.com

WHERE: Upper Senate Park, Washington, D.C. It is easy to get to, shady and pretty, with a great view of the Capitol dome in back of the speaker's platform. THIS IS A NEW LOCATION AS OF 7/17/04

WHEN: Sunday, Sept 12, 2004 2:00-4:00 PM (EDT)

WHY: To tell the truth about Vietnam veterans.
To counter the lies told about Vietnam veterans by John Kerry.

All Vietnam veterans and their families and supporters are asked to attend. Other veterans are invited as honored guests.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If any of the mods here would be interested in moderating, I would be more than welcome to hand it over, as I really dont have any extra time on my hands... and, I've never moderated or been an admin before. Smile
Patriotic Mom
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:46 pm    Post subject: C-SPAN Reply with quote

I assume you have already contacted C-SPAN in D.C. They will cover this if you let them know far enough in advance.

All the Best Swifties!
notjfk
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up about CSPAN. I called them today, and the lady said that they knew about the rally, but it was "so far in advance" that they werent planning on covering it yet. She said sometimes they dont decide what to cover til even the day before! Anyways, she gave me a number and fax number to get in touch with the "program planning people" at CSPAN, and recommended I do so, so I passed that info on to the media guy at Vietnam Vets For Truth. Lookin like the rally will get covered! Hopefully, anyways.
lucky
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:16 am    Post subject: cool Reply with quote

I was wondering. I saw that other vets were welcome as honored guests. I served in peacetime in the 80's and was wondering that if I was able to and bring my dd-214 to show that i did serve at least if i would be allowed to show up. I amy be able to get through there at that time. Also I always wanted to visit that city anyway.
ASW Tech
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of this writing (Sat 28 Aug, 20:12 CST), the Holiday-Inn Capitol still has rooms available on the 11th and 12th. It's about $109 for Saturday night and $195 for Sunday night if you sign up on the internet. Ten bucks cheaper apiece if you make it non-refundable. Tax is 14.5% on top. Parking $18/day.

I'm going. Hopefully I will be one of hundreds of thousands.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:21 am    Post subject: Re: cool Reply with quote

lucky wrote:
I was wondering. I saw that other vets were welcome as honored guests. I served in peacetime in the 80's and was wondering that if I was able to and bring my dd-214 to show that i did serve at least if i would be allowed to show up. I amy be able to get through there at that time. Also I always wanted to visit that city anyway.

All are welcome to participate, to include civilians. PLEASE join us. Wink
WhitfieldGeorge
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:32 am    Post subject: Swift Boat Alternative Reply with quote

(Deleted By Admin)

Off topic
kmf
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to Washington for the weekend with my Grandparents. My Grandfather's unit from WWII is having a reunion there to check out the new WWII memorial.

I am going to pop in. Hopefully I will see some of the SBVFT down there.
lucky
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:45 am    Post subject: Cool Reply with quote

I am planning on coming for now. There is one thing that may hold me back but i should be able to take care of that hopefully soon. It's lucky I live in a truck. I sure would like to see many of thousands show up also and to be amid so many fine americans.
JN173
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmf wrote:
I am going to Washington for the weekend with my Grandparents. My Grandfather's unit from WWII is having a reunion there to check out the new WWII memorial.

I am going to pop in. Hopefully I will see some of the SBVFT down there.

Please invite your Grandfather and all his buddies. Smile
notjfk
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing this anti-Bush rally on CSPAN in NYC is just really tickin me off.

Now I REALLY want to go to the Rally in DC on Sept. 12.

These people have no clue. They think carrying around a sign that says "F Bush" or, "Bush Sucks" is going to somehow make the world a better place. I hope the American people see this for what it is.
Sgt Mastrorillo
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:17 am    Post subject: Vets Protest Sept 12 Reply with quote

I have not heard a thing about this protest on the Media. Will ABC NBC CBS start talking about it.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I'm sure you'll start hearing about it after the RNC convention is over.

The Swifts started it off, this demonstration will continue it.

And "Kerry lied while good men died" will spell the end for Kerry's pretensions to the Presidency.
Becky
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
Oh, I'm sure you'll start hearing about it after the RNC convention is over.

The Swifts started it off, this demonstration will continue it.

And "Kerry lied while good men died" will spell the end for Kerry's pretensions to the Presidency.

I will be watching (sigh) the news with great anticipation. Medical reasons
prevent me from being there in person, but I will be there in
thought and hope someone continues to post each day for those
of us that can't make it.
pwcarter
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Washington Protest Reply with quote

There are two airlines that fly into the DC area with low prices. Southwest flies in to BWI and Independence Air flies in to Dulles. People can fly in on Sunday Morning and return home after the demo with no problem.

Do we have any idea what the attendence will be?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 5 of 11

Jump to: