SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Media vs. Truth vs. patience and tactical discipline

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragon
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:40 am    Post subject: Media vs. Truth vs. patience and tactical discipline Reply with quote

I just read the four pages of comments regarding the MSM. We all know that they are 85+% liberal and staunch backers of any democrat. But they are also a very fickle bunch of self-protectionists that always play CYA.

Brit Hume coined a great phrase tonight when he labeled them the "old media." It absolutely infuriates the NY Times, LA Times, Newsweek and the major networks that they cannot control the information agenda. How dare a group of 'lying has-been' seadogs and grunts usurp their authority as the purveyors of "truth."

The mere fact that the SBVFT have forced them to even respond is a huge win! Not many people will ever forget our favorite MSM representative embodied in Bahgdad Bob, emphatically stating that it was proposterous that the "great satanic americans" were not at the airport, disregarding the turrets of Bradleys and MA1A's pointed at him from across the river.

I refuse to believe that the so-called intellectual talking heads and the Kerry cabal of the MSM can ever outsmart or out manuever thousands of military warriors. The Kerry campaigh points with pride to their war room. What they fail to understand is that they are up against people that did war planning for real.

The strategic objective is to win the war, the tactics will undoubtedly change based on the ever changing order-of-battle. I am unbelievably proud of everyone that has joined this fight. We cannot give up supporting the SBVFT and allow the wingnuts on Kerry's battle staff to divide and conquer - they still don't understand that they have brought a knife to a gunfight.

Any who have been in combat know that every day is a rollercoaster - are we winning or losing, are we achieving anything to put in the BDA, and are we doing it the right way?

As I read the history of Vietnam, everyone agreed that we very often, if ever lost a tactical battle - but we lost the war, because we lost the will to fight it. My sense is that this effort will not succumb to the same legacy.

The fact that they are taking shots at the SBVFT is a huge POSITIVE. They show their deployment in the field, and we just need to keep using it against them.

Keep the faith - and remember that for all of us in the military we took an oath to defend this country against all enemies, foriegn and domestic - and John Kerry represents BOTH!

Cheers,

Dragon
bullseye
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:47 am    Post subject: re: Reply with quote

bump
taz
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when the Iraq war just started, my husband and I went on a long-scheduled vacation. the hotel did not carry FOX, so I had to rely on CNN. I was so depressed that week, because we were doing so poorly in Iraq. Quagmire! it showed me how easily you can be brainwashed when you only hear what they want you to hear.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on, Dragon and taz!

They did the same thing with GW1, 9-11, Afghanistan and Iraq - bunch of know-nothings sitting around speculating, for the most part. Drove me crazy!

Thankfully, today - the internet leads the way!!!

We have some seriously studious bloggers and an incredible amount of talent here. So many have spent countless hours analyzing speeches and documents and evidence and getting it out there onto the web.

We also have lots of willing hands ready to engage in "educational email campaigns." Our own truth squad!!!

It's a good time to be connected! Smile
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Media vs. Truth vs. patience and tactical discipline Reply with quote

Dragon wrote:
We cannot give up supporting the SBVFT and allow the wingnuts on Kerry's battle staff to divide and conquer - they still don't understand that they have brought a knife to a gunfight.

They have brought a knife to the Battle of Midway is more like it.

-- FDL
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Media vs. Truth vs. patience and tactical discipline Reply with quote

Dragon wrote:
As I read the history of Vietnam, everyone agreed that we very often, if ever lost a tactical battle - but we lost the war, because we lost the will to fight it. My sense is that this effort will not succumb to the same legacy.

Something about that phrase "lost the war" that I just can't stand. It implies a military defeat and, as you point out, that is just not true.

Further, when you say "we lost the will", it again implies a military problem. As you well know, it was a political problem.

Either phrase seems to imply that it was the fault of the men who faught the war. That implication was reinforced by Kerry and his ilk.

Ergo all the veterans who fought in that war are "losers".

Guess I'm touchy this morning.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: