SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Former Navy Sec. Lehman stating no knowledge of 3rd Citation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Chicago Sun-Times has run a story on the bogus 'V' and pointed out that Al Boorda, a former SecNav, actually committed suicide when it was pointed out his Bronze Star had a 'V' on it and it was exposed as bogus. At the time, Kerry condemned Boorda for embellishing his medals record.

Either you or the Chicago Sun-Time made an error. Admiral Boorda did NOT have a BSM, either with or without a Combat V. He DID have the Navy Achievement Medal and a Navy Commendation Medal, both with Combat V devices, which were the medals brought into issue.

"Admiral Mike Boorda's citations for awards of the Navy Achievement Medal and Navy Commendation Medal plainly state they were awarded for service including 'combat operations' and 'while operating in combat missions,' "(Secretary of the Navy) Dalton's memo said. "Further, Admiral E.R. Zumwalt, Jr. USN (Retired), who served both as commander, US Naval Forces, Vietnam, and Chief of Naval Operations, has said that Admiral Boorda was entitled to wear the combat distinguishing device. I am making this information a matter of official Navy record."

Further, Admiral Boora was never the Secretary of the Navy. He was CNO (Chief of Naval Operations) from April 1993 to his death in 1996.

(you can read Admiral Boorda's record at the Arlington National Cemetery website here: http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/borda.htm

If you are going to write to the media and present an argument, you should fact-check your letter BEFORE you send it. Otherwise, it's going to end up in the circular file.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
docford
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A photo of Mike Boorda's ribbons can be found at http://www.cnn.com/US/9705/16/hackworth/

This is the story about Hackworth being embarrased about his incorrect devices after accusing Adm. Boorda of wearing bronze "V" devices that he was not entitled to. The Navy later said that he was entitled to wear them

Doc Ford[/quote]
larrygj
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Ford,

Way to go. Let us know how that turns out.

Larry
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That remark by Lehman is going to leave a mark!!

There seems to be a pattern of deception forming here! LOL! As far as I can tell, the only thing I can believe about Kerry's record is that he was actually in, or somewhere near, Vietnam in the late sixties.

Anymore testimony like this, and the MSM may actually take an interest in the matter!

How much longer can Kerry sit on his records??????
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote to John Barry of Newsweek about this and he responded to me, asserting that I was wrong about claiming that there were three versions of the Silver Star citation. I referenced him to Kerry's website with the links to the three citations. The second two speak of attacking a force with "numerical superiority" while the first does not.

He said that Lehman claimed to have merely suppplied a copy of the first. I quoted the Druge website which claimed that Lehman had no knowledge of the changes in the citation.

Barry has not yet replied.

Will keep you posted.
Misty
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know why so many of the citations listed by Kerry are not dated?

For instance, the Presidential Unit Citation signed by Richard Nixon "on this date" is not dated.

The Citations signed by Lehman are not dated.

Is this normal?????
Brother was on the USS Regulus - Vietnam
Husband was AirForce 3rd (34th) Tactical Fighter Wing - Security Police Bien Hoa Vietnam
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Presidential Unit Citation was presented to every man in the unit, that should be easy to cross-reference. No idea why it's not dated. Easy to disprove, if it's false, though, as Kerry didn't serve in many different units.
Things like a longevity ribbon or a good conduct ribbon would be awarded after 4 years of service. I would expect them to be dated.
Misty
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wing Wiper wrote:
A Presidential Unit Citation was presented to every man in the unit, that should be easy to cross-reference. No idea why it's not dated. Easy to disprove, if it's false, though, as Kerry didn't serve in many different units.
Things like a longevity ribbon or a good conduct ribbon would be awarded after 4 years of service. I would expect them to be dated.

Thank you. It just seems odd that the citation was apparently issued without a date on it and for service during the months Kerry was in Vietnam. Hmmm. I guess the fact that he was there made the unit outstanding. LOL!
Brother was on the USS Regulus - Vietnam
Husband was AirForce 3rd (34th) Tactical Fighter Wing - Security Police Bien Hoa Vietnam
wshhml
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject: Kerry's questionable service Reply with quote

Kerry embellishes his record.
docford
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For everyone's general information regarding unit awards - please refer to http://neds.nebt.daps.mil/o1650.htm

This is the online version of OPNAV 1650 - the list of all unit awards from before the Vietnam War to Present. You can find the Coastal Division Awards - including the Presidential Unit Citations awarded, in Enclosure 4. The individual ship (PCF) unit awards are in Enclosure 3.

The list is alphabetical by unit name (ex. PCF 11 or COSDIV 13, the abbreviation for the award (PU or RG) and the dates covered by the award. Anyone stationed with the unit during the listed dates are eligible for the listed award.

Unit awards from a foreign govt are not listed.

The dates of issuance or approval are not listed.

The awards and abbreviations master list is in Enclosure 1.

Doc Ford
HMC (SW) USN
J. Toy
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lehman's signature is also on a Bronze star citation that I printed 8/19
from Kerry's web site. Another one there signed by Adm. Zumwalt.
Slightly different wording but both mentioning a second mine explosion, which knocked a man (Rassman?) off the boat.

They both state that Kerry's right arm was bleeding from the 2nd mine explosion.

I haven't checked his site to see if the citations are there.

Just offering this up because of the coverage on the Silver star citation and none on the Bronze
jfnk
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know Kerry didn't tell his staff of all his lies regarding Vietnam and medals. Every time the phone rings at Camp Kerry, the staff must be thinking, "What will I have to cover for this time?"

After this is over, not only will Kerry be ruined politically, he will be ruined personally.
Badgerfan
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks as if the multiple citations have been removed from the website. I only see 2 Silver Star Citations. Wasn't there 3?
ProudMilitaryWifeDaughter
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
his “gallantry” for back-shooting an enemy soldier, for which he was awarded the Nation’s third-highest decoration, the Silver Star.

I read the whole article twice and have to say wow which the MSM would take the time to do something like this.

Shocked

Service Animals for Invisible Disabilities
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: