SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tim Russert, THE FIRST SHOWING OF THE TEETH OF THE BEAST
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
one more captins mast
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Tim Russert, THE FIRST SHOWING OF THE TEETH OF THE BEAST Reply with quote

Russert with Kurt Kerrick, this morning on ?Today?,

1. John Kerry must be more than , just NOT BUSH

2. Then he "MUST" get out on TV, he can not avoid the

media like he has been.

3. This is the set up for all of them to get out their knives

They will soon be at him for not "being forthcomming with
those things that would make him not a "good" canidate for
thenm to "win" aginst bush , they will blame him so they
will not be seen as " slow to exam him"

ps parasomnia for the dictionary

any of several disorders that frequnmetly interfere with sleep, occurring especiall among children and including sleepwalking, night
terrors, and "BED WETTING."

have a nice day John Kerry, 'JUST WHO WAS THE LAST TO DIE' JOHN'
WHY DO I HAVE THE FEELING YOU DO NOT

"KNOW"
Admin note: Typo corrected in topic

Last edited by one more captins mast on Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the MSM turn on Kerry, he will last about a week. My predictions of Kerry bailing before October are based on that scenario. If they don't attack then he goes all the way to the election.....and a landslide defeat......and egg all over the faces of the MSM Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I wonder if the bed wetting causes the sleepwalking? I certainly would want to get out of dodge too Wink

Zell Miller
tarpon_bill
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: Cliff sighting ... Reply with quote

Kerry's ridiculous response to the acusations is beginning to wear thin. All he has to do is release his records and answer some straight forward questions. The media knows he is hiding from them.

Kerry wants to take the media with him, and they are not willing to go.
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:54 pm    Post subject: MSM will slice and dice Kerry Reply with quote

The first poster is correct, in my opinion. I am in a better mood the last couple days; even my dogs have noticed! Why? Because the MSM cannot stand to be associated with Kerry for much longer. The blogs are alive with the question: Why didn't the Swiftees get any coverage in May? Wasn't 200+ of them signing the letter enough? This is just starting to be recognized; when that is fully true (2 - 3 weeks), the long knives will be coming for John, and he will have no place to hide. Semper Fi!
jstoc
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:01 pm    Post subject: unrealistic prediciton Reply with quote

Yeah, I think we can all see that the media are slowly, very slowly, losing patience with Kerry and his campaign. But to think that the candidate is going to withdraw or resign?! It doesn't happen that way. The Dem party cannot allow their candidate to withdraw. Just look back on Mondale, Dukakis, and on the Repub side at Dole, and you can see candidates who were doomed for different reasons and whose loss of the election was much more obvious and much more presented in the media than this case. A candidate cannot simply withdraw because the race gets uncomfortable or embarrassing. It won't happen. Besides, why would you want it to end? Kerry's agony needs to be prolonged, especially by his own misshapen ego. This way, when he goes down big time, Bush's re-election will be unquestionalbe legitimate.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the MSM will limp along with Kerry until November 2.

Then you will start hearing things such as:

Kerry was in the lead until the MSM starting investigating.

Kerry wasn't able to get past his 1971 testimony.

The wounds of Vietnam are not healed, but now with this last sacrifice for Vietnam (Kerry's campaign) the nation can finally heal and move on from Vietnam.

The MSM will take all the credit for any investigation of Kerry. They will take full credit for dealing with the story in a "fair and honest" way. Rolling Eyes

The MSM will never address Kerry's lies, lack of intergrity, total unfitness for being CIC. It will all be about healing those lingering wounds from Vietnam.

Never underestimate the depths to which those without intergrity will stoop.
Steve02C5
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: unrealistic prediciton Reply with quote

jstoc wrote:
Yeah, I think we can all see that the media are slowly, very slowly, losing patience with Kerry and his campaign. But to think that the candidate is going to withdraw or resign?! It doesn't happen that way. The Dem party cannot allow their candidate to withdraw....
Kerry's agony needs to be prolonged, especially by his own misshapen ego. This way, when he goes down big time, Bush's re-election will be unquestionalbe legitimate.

Another vast right-wing conspiracy huh?; with the MSM as cohorts. Very Happy

Seriously, on FOX last week, a wealthy liberal - forgot his name - said his other wealthy liberal friends are all smiles about Kerry's winning the election; however, behind the scenes and off the record, he said they DO NOT believe Kerry will win. I found that very interesting indeed.
hleone
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm already sensing the MSM message...

Another stolen election by Bush - this time with a despicable Republican smear campaign.

They will then promote even more devisiveness in America and more hatred against the President for 4 more years.

Even if we keep Kerry out of the Presidency, I sure hope this grassroots effort does not stop with the election.

I think we have an opportunity to expose the leftist press in America for what it is, a barrier to the truth and the real source of our country's most serious ills.
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject: cold and prolonged Reply with quote

I agree that it's doubtful he'll drop out, and that his agony should be prolonged - the MSM will be responsible for much of that coming pain. Revenge should not only be a dish best served cold, but also a dish that takes a long time to consume. Semper Fi!
ccwebb
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:37 pm    Post subject: naive Reply with quote

I think that is terribly naive to think that the MSM will do some digging into Kerry's Vietnam activity in the two months leading up to the election.

After all, they could have been doing this all along. It is all there for the media to see for themselves.

If you see in Tim Russert's "quotes" in the first post there is a noticable lack of action on his part. For instance, why did he not demand that Kerry sign the 180?

My point is that the playing field is different with the internet , 527's(swifties), and talk radio. I'll also throw in Fox News. The focus should be on getting the message out through all of them right now and do not hope for one second that the MSM will come along.

And in the end, if the MSM does lift a finger to investigate Kerry, it will be an added bonus. Until now, the world has changed but the MSM has not!

Charlie
vietnamvet173
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Cliff sighting ... Reply with quote

tarpon_bill wrote:
Kerry's ridiculous response to the acusations is beginning to wear thin. All he has to do is release his records and answer some straight forward questions. The media knows he is hiding from them.

Kerry wants to take the media with him, and they are not willing to go.

Kerry, the candidate, is in seclusion and hiding from the media. This may not faze the NY Times and the Chris Mathews of the world but they no longer are the gatekeepers. His apologists will most likely suggest that his cowardness is simply a very adept and clever campaign strategy.

Some in the press are beginning to notice that Kerry is hiding, unwilling to answer the charges and that his defense is to let his surrogates to repeat the mantra “The Swift Boat Veterans for Truth are lying.” The strategy of the Kerry campaign is to call everyone liars and blame President Bush for not condemning the ads.

I once heard a talking head say that the presidential race is a test to see if the candidates can stand up to pressure. So far the President shows fortitude and strength while Kerry looks arrogant, pompous and cowardly.

John Kerry, the Viet CON tried to morph himself into a genuine made for TV war hero and at the same time erase his antiwar past. He might have got away with it except for the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth.

The first Swift Boat Veterans for Truth Ad was a shocker. It didn’t play around and got right to the point. John Kerry, Hero of the Mekong Delta, is a fraud.

The second ad exposed his betrayal of the Vietnam Vet and for me the most serious charge of all. To lie about the circumstances of his combat record renders him a fraud but his testimony before Congress and the world renders him a collaborator giving aid and comfort to the enemy.

The third ad enhances the statements of the second showing how the actions of the collaborator hurt the POWs while in captivity. I think Kerry, as collaborator is the most serious issue and most damaging charge.

He is caught on tape. Like most vain, selfish and immoral men he must have through himself hero as he created the fiction of the Vietnam Vet as rapist, butcher and barbarian. Today these tapes have come back to haunt him. In his own words he hurts himself the most.

My guess Kerry fears an examination of his actions against the Vietnam Vet more than the questioning of his honor in combat. He can use fear, uncertainty and doubt (FUD) to fight the questions of his military record easier since he refuses to release his full record of events. He cannot erase the tapes.
justamom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering Hillary's already igniting the fuse of the "stolen election" rhetoric -

My money says they'll let Kerry go down Nov 2 and blame it on Bush's front groups' smears and lies NOT on the fact that Kerry's a pathological liar, an opportunist who is totally unfit/lacking moral integrity to be the President of the United States of America, and someone most Americans feel they cannot trust.

They all know Kerry's toast, they know WHY and they don't care! Our imperialists are so out of touch they actually think all the world admires them. They think all of us are lacking in moral integrity and character just like them. They're all just as dirty as Kerry is, that's the name of the game, and why no one is pushing this issue outside the SBVFT and their supporters!
larrygj
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To give you an idea of how desperate the Dems are getting over their lackluster candidate and the cowardice that shines through Kerry's bluster and hiding from the press:

If you hang around liberal Democrats (well, Democrats...aren't they all "liberal" now?) as I am sometimes forced to do (relatives, business), there's a new mantra spreading among them that actually approves of Kerry's dishonesty and flip-floppery. They are counting on his "not really meaning anything he has said about Iraq, the war on terror, or supporting the military." Wink-wink: say anything, get elected, then bring on the agenda. They want a lying Commander-in-Chief who will let a Deaniac victory come through the back door. The MSM is complicit in this (12-1 Democrat in an informal poll taken among journalists themselves), hence no real search for the truth. Who needs that? The only journalist I can see pushing for the truth, beyond FOX, is Russert, but even he is too easy on evasion and deceit.

What 9 out of 10 DNC delegates secretly thought in July was on full display yesterday in the "street party" of the protestors and weirdos (I hoped you didn't miss the sign that said "Free Huey"!).

Never have "idealists" been so cynical...and hollow.

Larry
Steve02C5
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
justamom"]Considering Hillary's already igniting the fuse of the "stolen election" rhetoric -

I believe you're correct; didn't Hillary mention the words "illegitimate president" yesterday on the news?
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got it. It's already in the talking points when Kerry loses. The democrazys will blame Kerry's loss on the Swiftvets and declare George Bush's victory as illegitimate. The buzz word is "illegitimate" The ultimate Democratic exit strategary. Between Hillary Clinton and Susan Estrich the talking point sheets are already being circulated.

Frankly I bet the Clintons are secretly tickled pink.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: