SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Money Is Not Dirty, Senator Mccain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RMalloy
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: My Money Is Not Dirty, Senator Mccain Reply with quote

Senator McCain:

Regarding your remarks this morning on the Today Show, my money is not “dirty” money.
Yesterday I chose to send a one hundred dollar contribution to the SwiftVets For Truth Organization. Mr. McCain, I am an Independent. I have never given a donation to any political party. If I had the kind of money that you, or Senator Kerry enjoy, the amount would have
been far greater. For me, it means foregoing a few trips to the movies, eating out a few times, or buying a new pair of running shoes. For others, one hundred dollars means money for food, rent, or medication, I know I have been there.

Mr. McCain, it is disingenuous of you to not reflect upon the fact that the 527's are a direct result of the bill that has your name on it, the McCain-Finegold Bill. You have allowed the Democrats to use your quote that the Swiftvets are both “dishonest and dishonorable” hundreds of times in their attempt to stop or smear the Swiftvets. You obviously feel that your “friendship” with Senator Kerry is more important than even making a slight attempt to address what the Swiftvets, some of the other men who served in Vietnam, beside Senator Kerry, have very real and grave concerns about.

You, along with the Media, have put forth that the word of a “politician-veteran” is to be held more truthful, more sacrosanct, than the two hundred and fifty plus veterans who served with Senator Kerry during his “Tour of Duty, who only want to get a fair hearing on the issues they have put forward, the questions they want Senator Kerry, the nominee of the Democratic party for the office of the President of these United States to address.

Senator McCain, you said today that you have worked hard these thirty plus years to heal the wounds caused by the Vietnam War and that you seem to imply that the actions of the Swiftvets have reopened those wounds. Senator McCain, whatever work you did over the years has
evidently failed as these wounds have not healed, and will not heal, until some of the sources, i.e., Senator Kerry’s actions in the VVAW, are addressed by the very veterans Senator Kerry victimized all those long years ago in his zeal to obtain the spotlight and a career in public office.
That your friend, Senator Kerry, was instrumental in the reopening of the old wounds by making his “heroic” service during the Vietnam, the sole platform at the Democratic Convention.

Again, Senator McCain, I am an Independent, and my money is not "dirty."
RMalloy
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, forgot to add.
This is a copy of the original sent to Senator McCain's Website this
morning. Which may be the equivalent of shooting into a Black Hole.
leeinwv
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good letter
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work
BenJaxBchFL
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a link to his website? I would like to send him a note and tell him that I agree with the concept that allows me my Freedom Of Speech. I did not know that it was "dirty".
The war against terrorism is not that Americans might die rather that we would alter our way of living. If we get to a point where we choose not to go out because of fear, our economy will sink and in the end so will our nation. Vote Bush.
BillGremm
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCain just wants to be the nominee in 2008. I will vote for Bush, but it may be my last for a republican. I will not support McCain or Guliani, or any anti-social conservative. McCain will and has caved on many social issues.

He sold out the vets when he hooked up with Kerry a long time ago.

Personally I think he is more political than Kerry.
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenJaxBchFL wrote:
Do you have a link to his website? I would like to send him a note and tell him that I agree with the concept that allows me my Freedom Of Speech. I did not know that it was "dirty".

Geez, the time you spent writing a note asking for McCain's website you could've easily typed in John McCain in any search engine and it would have been given to you on a silver platter!!
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Senator McCain will not run successfully, if at all, for the presidential nomination in 2008. He is getting too old and:

1. Does not have the type of stamina or "young-looking" genes President Reagan had;
2. Melanomas have a high probability of recurrence;
3. I believe his wife had a stroke earlier this year.

This speech and campaign are his swan songs, not foreshadows of 2008.
BenJaxBchFL
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhist

Geez, the time it took you to type out your little tribe you could have let it go.

We're on the same side. If you noticed I was also making a statement.
The war against terrorism is not that Americans might die rather that we would alter our way of living. If we get to a point where we choose not to go out because of fear, our economy will sink and in the end so will our nation. Vote Bush.
RMalloy
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your replies.

To give you two cents to Senator McCain:
http://mccain.senate.gov/

click on Contact Information, also known as Black Hole
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenJaxBchFL wrote:
Bhist

Geez, the time it took you to type out your little tribe you could have let it go.

We're on the same side. If you noticed I was also making a statement.

Sorry, Ben. Hope you'll accept my apologies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: