SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MCCain on Hannity NOW
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: McCain Reply with quote

Quote:
...Who the hell does he think he is...

I agree with Bostonian. I'm not a Vietnam Veteran but like them, I'm entitled to my opinion, even if it is a bit emotional these days. Each Veitnam Veteran must determine for himself if a wound is healed. I have friends whose wounds will NEVER, NEVER heal. McCain is a big shot, important man, hero, POW and I have deep respect for him. But he's not my master.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WalterW wrote:

Notice that Hannity didn't pursue that question.

Maybe Hanitty is onboard with scuttling Kerry, and less interested in collateral damage by undoing McCain in the process. Sean can be very focused, and IMO, that is what is needed to succeed in the effort to end Kerry's credibility, thus his whole rotten life.
hleone
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I hear McCain say the Swiftee story is only still alive because of Sean?

Sounded like he was inferring that Sean should stop, so the whole thing would fade away.

I didn't appreciate the inference, it reminded me of Kerry trying to hush the Swftboat Vets.

I hope Sean didn't either.

Am I dreaming, or did others get the same impression?
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I have figured it out. John McCain is acting "presidential." Looks like Bill Crystal may be right. Listen to him speak and visualize him as a vice-presidential candidate. Fits?
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomorelies,

That's not what my GOP friends are telling me. Cheney will be the VP unless there is a good reason (like a heart attack or simliar) that he can't. His name has already been put into nomination for VP.

It would be totally uncharacteristic of Bush to change his mind now. In short, I think Billy is blowing smoke. If I'm wrong; I'm wrong....but I don't think I am.

Truth is Beauty
Shane's PopPop
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nomorelies wrote:
Quote:
McCain is entitled to his opinions. It is evident that he harbors a great deal of anger toward Kerry's speech in 1971 (McCain WAS a POW a the time)

But he actually stated that he heard statements from prominent Americans against the war but never heard any from John Kerry.
Please!
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polaris,

Your guess is as good as mine. You are correct, however, about Bush. He is a very loyal person and would not lightly remove Cheney. Personally I really like Dick Cheney. He is a strong, intelligent warhorse and we are quite lucky to have him. There are times that I am made to believe (by the liberal media) that Cheney is a liability on the ticket (Halliburton) and wonder if he should be replaced. My better sense tells me it would be a shame to have to kowtow to the rubbish being spewed by the radical left. He has more experience at his job than anyone else in the world.
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of experience, I was lucky enough, two years ago, to be able to get a tour of the West Wing. We looked into the cabinet room, with each member's chair labeled on the back with a small brass plaque.

Each cabinet member's chair is labled with a plaque for each cabinet post he or she has ever held.

Guess who's chair had the most plaques on the back?
lucky
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject: Yes Reply with quote

I heard the interview between McCain and Hannity. He does sound like he is the numero uno Vietnam veteran. or at least he thinks he is. It made me think about something though. It is such a small part of the conflict in Vietnam we are talking about.

If there had to be a opening of old wounds or fighting the war again, would you Vets want to? It seems that it has been buried in a collective psyche. What if there was a way to bring everything out into the open? would it be welcomed? I mean all the good, bad, and the ugly. I am only asking because when i see the vets at the Vietnam memorial it seems there are many emotions on display.

The internet is a powerful tool as we have all seen. It could be used to open and clean old wounds. It could also be used to knock down any and all pretenders to any throne they seek if they falsely use fake Vietnam credentials. It could be used also to let the ones who need to vent and release demons. etc. etc.

Well I digress as usual. the thing I need to wonder is why is McCain the chief spokesman for Vietnam Vets. He sure doesn't seem to talk for most of ya'll in here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: