SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vietnam Veterans UNITE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sfchud
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:07 am    Post subject: Vietnam Veterans UNITE Reply with quote

The Swifties are taking a lot of heat for standing up to Kerry for the truth and for that, I am thankfull. I feel that Kerry MUST be held accountable. I would recommend that ALL Vietnam Veterans demand that Kerry account for his actions in Vietnam and especially in front of Congress.
I would like to see all Vietnam Veterans who are interested in seeing Kerry pay for his actions request two things. One is that Kerry handwrites a letter of applogy to each Vietnam Veteran. Second that on National Television, he gets on his knees in front of the memorial and beg for their forgiveness.
Kerry must be made to account for these actions.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Vietnam Veterans UNITE Reply with quote

sfchud wrote:
The Swifties are taking a lot of heat for standing up to Kerry for the truth and for that, I am thankfull. I feel that Kerry MUST be held accountable. I would recommend that ALL Vietnam Veterans demand that Kerry account for his actions in Vietnam and especially in front of Congress.
I would like to see all Vietnam Veterans who are interested in seeing Kerry pay for his actions request two things. One is that Kerry handwrites a letter of applogy to each Vietnam Veteran. Second that on National Television, he gets on his knees in front of the memorial and beg for their forgiveness.
Kerry must be made to account for these actions.

That's exactly what he needs to do. Well said.
And when he gets up off his knees it would be good to see that he had ankle chains on and get to watch as two SPs lead him off to serve the rest of his life in Leavenworth.

Dusty
militarybrat
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: vietnam vets unite Reply with quote

sfchud
I agree with what you said... but Kerry Lacks any backbone...He is a coward and has no guts...that is the reason he will not meet with the vets or apologize or even acknowledge what he has done..I feel in his mind he thinks he is above reproach..isn't it interesting that years of sitting inthe Senate can allow you to rewrite history and make you think you hold the power to force anyone against you to SHUT up...All Kerry will continue to do is shout liars and smear campaign and send his henchmen and Terry McAliffe to try to do his battles for him
sfchud
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: Vietnam Veterans UNITE Reply with quote

That's exactly what he needs to do. Well said.
And when he gets up off his knees it would be good to see that he had ankle chains on and get to watch as two SPs lead him off to serve the rest of his life in Leavenworth.

Dusty[/quote]
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As if Kerry's service in country, Vietnam, wasn't self-serving enough,
His actions after returning to CONUS were reprehensible. This person who was so low he had to look up to a worm's belly, attacked every service man and veteran with his fabricated accusations of war crimes and atrocities. His words had a devastating effect on troop morale and the lives of returning servicemen rejoining their communities. Kerry caused his fellow veterans to be spit upon and insulted. This treatment also caused many to lose job opportunities and their ability to earn a livelihood.
Forgetting Kerry’s war record, he is still a despicable person who should never be allowed to be commander in chief or hold any other office.
This crusade to keep John Kerry from our nations highest office and bring him down is decades over due.
It is just retribution for someone who deserve nothing but contempt by those who served with him.
bagpiper
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:03 am    Post subject: Unite Reply with quote

Unite. Wow. That's the problem...isn't it?

The Swifties have gained 'traction' because of $$ and media attention.
We have been trying to get a CLASS ACTION lawsuit for slandor and libel against Kerry in the name of ALL Vietnam Vets, with the stated goal of a public apology. Others are trying to get him disqualified as a candidate because of the Constitutional wording that prevents 'traitors' from running for office through the FEC. (Yes there are methods for doing this on another thread...) Others want him charged with war crimes. I agree with ALL methods, and doing them ALL. In the words of one of the 911 family speakers at the RNC tonight, we must all "DO SOMETHING". I've said it before I'll say it again, we are ex-military and understand the concept of 'multiple fronts'. I think the Swifties unifront war, will eventually run out of gas....if for no other reason than the fact that WE ARE NOT UNITED, and the media does it's best to 'spin' everything....causing confusion in the minds of those who weren't around back then, and muddying the waters. (Nothing will change the mind of leftists, or 'rightists', only the middle is 'gettable'.) Yes, the Swifties have gained traction, but, it is just AUGUST for Gods sake. Even though the Swifties swear to keep it up, will it MATTER two MONTHS from now? Will regular folks be tired of it? A LOT can happen in two months, and I'm sure Sun Tsu would advise against a one front war. Besides, in our local channels there has even been some 'discussion' on whether or not the 'atrocities' actually happened! They are trying to paint us all with that damn brush again, for the sake of politics. I am feeling that old 'hot under the collar' again, and I don't like it.

ALL of these 'other efforts' have pretty much fallen on deaf ears...tell me why?

I personally think a lawsuit is the American way, the right way for which we FOUGHT! I also think, that is going to be the ONLY WAY to get an apology from Kerry...have a judge force him to. Also, the only way to burn through all the BS, the back and forth with the Swifties and the media, is to allow a court of law to use the rules of 'discovery' to get what they need to discover TRUTH! Only then, will the chaff of propaganda be burned away by the very process we fought for, and our buddies died for. We'll do it, THE RIGHT WAY, the American way, using our LAWS, that we fought for. I see no reason why the Swifties should limit their righteous efforts to TV ads.

But, we can't get any traction, we have no money. I've even contacted Senator Dole for his sponsorship/spoksmanship, no response, even after that wonderful little anti-Kerry ditty of his....none of the talk show hosts will even let me ON. There have been a lot of 'Vvet groups' started since the Swifties, they are mostly languishing. The media has their 'thing' now, and they'll ride it until it runs out of media steam. (Or until something else BIG happens.) Besides, the media really doesn' t want any more 'distractions'. Our local channel does nothing but call 'anti swift' Swifties, for their views...Sad I think the Swifties are IT right now, and shouldn't put all their eggs in one basket, but, pull us ALL in, somehow, and take this thing to another level, before the election, in whatever way the 'group' decides.

Some of my buddies are so angry they are wanting to 'do something'. These 'somethings' are not nice. Everything they mention is frankly no better than terrorism, and I tell them so. I tell them to get their anger under control or it will destroy them. That, if we start down that path, then you will simply give credence to the charges they are painting you with. I think I've gotten through to them, but, with the level of grumbling, you never know. I don't blame them, I 'feel' the same way, but, I'm an AMERICAN. We don't do things that way I tell them. "Go join the KKK I told one guy..." I think he got hacked off. But, it just shows, the 'old anger' is bubbling back up, and if we don't get satisfaction, it is liable to come out in dangerous ways....I pray not. But it is also disheartening to be reduced to a "Mud Slinger". (The only people I count as 'buddies' are V-era-vets. )

Money, it always comes down to money.
Unity, hurumph....even some vets are on his side. In the words of Forest Gump...."Stupid is as stupid does."

DM Lambert
ex-SP4 '72-'75
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bagpiper,

With respect, I don't believe the Swiftees are running a unifront war.

The Kerry Kamp is being hammered on all fronts...
Swiftees brought up the medals - it stirred controversy.
They followed with Kerry's treasonous speeches - - it garnered a label oflegitimacy from previous fence sitters.
Those two main fronts are still being bandied about and it doesn't look like they'll soon die.
Next, I suspect, will be Kerry's meeting with enemies in Paris.
Who knows what else will be thrown in.

I can understand frustration with seeing the Senator's condescending mug shout "Bring it on!" when he then hides from the fallout (unlike the rice incident).

The Swiftees have a plan. It's working. I think the art of war, and war is what this is, allows for patient calculation.

Personally, for his past and current actions, I prefer to see the slow, methodical breakdown of the good Senator.

SOTG
bagpiper
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject: point Reply with quote

SOTG,
You have a point.
My only point, is that this is a 'media' assault...subject to the vagaries of the MSM...ok? Assaulting in 1 direction. You are talking about 'fallout' and collateral damage.

In a courtroom, or an FEC hearing, the MSM wouldn't have a thing to do with the OUTCOME.

DMLambert
ex-SP4 '72-'75
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Son Of The Godfather wrote:
Bagpiper,

With respect, I don't believe the Swiftees are running a unifront war.

The Kerry Kamp is being hammered on all fronts...
Swiftees brought up the medals - it stirred controversy.
They followed with Kerry's treasonous speeches - - it garnered a label oflegitimacy from previous fence sitters.
Those two main fronts are still being bandied about and it doesn't look like they'll soon die.
Next, I suspect, will be Kerry's meeting with enemies in Paris.
Who knows what else will be thrown in.

I can understand frustration with seeing the Senator's condescending mug shout "Bring it on!" when he then hides from the fallout (unlike the rice incident).

The Swiftees have a plan. It's working. I think the art of war, and war is what this is, allows for patient calculation.

Personally, for his past and current actions, I prefer to see the slow, methodical breakdown of the good Senator.

SOTG

I like movies that closely follow the book.
This is BETTER than a movie ... just read the book to find out what happens next, methinks, and instead of visualizing it, watch it play out on the big screen.

I like the way Son of the Godfather thinks, too
DenisC
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best thing all Vets can do is be in Washington Sept 12 and donate more money to Swiftvets to keep the ads up. I would love to see one on Kerry , meeting the NVA in Paris. To me, that is the worst thing he ever did.
JN173
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DenisC wrote:
The best thing all Vets can do is be in Washington Sept 12 and donate more money to Swiftvets to keep the ads up. I would love to see one on Kerry , meeting the NVA in Paris. To me, that is the worst thing he ever did.

What he said!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: