SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Zogby Poll brings in topic of Swifts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
openfish24
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: New Zogby Poll brings in topic of Swifts? Reply with quote

The new poll includes two questions about the swift vets. Have you seen the swift boat veterans ads? And, if you did, did they make your more or less likely to vote for President Bush or waffle boy(Kerry).

Way to go guys.

Pete Bartow
USMC 75-80

Last edited by openfish24 on Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ProudMilitaryWifeDaughter
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you provide us with a link please

Service Animals for Invisible Disabilities
openfish24
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: New Zogby Poll Reply with quote

I participate in the polls answering the questions. I just got the questions. The results usually take 2-3 days to appear on zogby's site.

www.zogby.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Polling companys and other Consultants are in shock about how effective the Ads are......SwiftVets have extend themselves from a footnote to a full part of the story of Election 2004.

But a word of warning....The Media is expecting the Swiftvets to drop away....to fall into the category of old story. Don't let it happen....keep the pace
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I've been doing the Zogby poll for a while - yesterday's was the first time they mentioned Swifts.
dukeblue
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: I answered Reply with quote

To the first... Yes, I've seen them.

To the second... Less likely to vote for Kerry

Personally, I didn't know I could get less likely before the SBVT ads and the Unfit For Command. I was already a solid Bush supporter agreeing with 80% of his positions. I had visited wintersoldier.com in the past.

But the Swifties have driven this point home to me...

John Kerry could do more damage to America as President than Jimmy Carter did. I remember how weak America's spirit was in 1980. I don't want to see that or worse in 2008!
JohM
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that I am suggesting this, keep going guys.

But, if the SBVT was to never run another ad past #4 the damage is done. Remember, the biggest thing that no one talks about is that with the SBVT launch, Kerry cannot now use his VN service in the debates with Bush without considering that Bush might bring up questions about his service. Nor can Kerry now attack Bush on his ANG service as that would just encourge people to remember what has been said of Kerry.

The major plank he closed his convention with is now sawed in half. He will be forced to do a spin on his Senatorial record which is really a weak point. Regardless of what Kerry might put a shine to, Bush will be able to counter considering Kerry's voting record.

So my observation is that SBVT has already torpedoed the Good Ship Kerry. It's all over but settling by the bow and rolling over. The Republicans can deliver the Coup De Grace.
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohM: I have a feeling you're right, now let's put another torpedo in the engine room and see if we can get him removed from Congress so he can't make a comeback in the future. We're about half way to seeing that happen, I think. Laughing
lolajl
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's not rest and wait till the election day to find out if this has been effective. As long as the ballot has not been cast, let's make sure the offensive continues. Think as if Kerry was going to win tomorrow, and keep up the offensive.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My goodness

can you imagine if kerry got to be president and the military had to salute him?

I wouldn't blame any of them for moving to Canada!
Tony
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My old XO went on to become CO of a Frigate. During the first Gulf War you may remember his minor footnote in the history books. He got himself in some hot water and was investigated (and ultimately cleared) for using excessive force (whatever that means) against Iraqi combatants on an oil rig in the northern Gulf. It seems some journalists were aboard his ship and they were shocked at how violently he and his ship attacked the platform when they were fired upon.

When I heard this story, I had to chuckle. He was a tough guy and us JOs never wanted to find ourselves standing tall in his office for screwing up. I respected him a great deal and I learned an important lesson from him along with a few of the other senior officers I served with who later became Admirals. The lesson was tenacity and the fact that you never ease up when you are going after an objective. Not for a moment do you think you are getting the upper hand. You keep fighting until the enemy is destroyed beyond any doubts. Like that other role model of mine once said - when asked if he was ready to give it up by the CO of that British ship, the HMS Serapias - "I have not yet begun to fight". IMHO - that's the attitude we must keep. Don't let up for a moment - it's time to fire for effect and continue to place ordnance on target. Soon enough, the the smoke will clear after election day, then we can get a beer and chill.... Very Happy

http://tonyk.smugmug.com/photos/1822816-L-1.jpg
USN 1983-1992
DavidFarrar
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Blogger without a clue Reply with quote

I have recently started blogging on national blog and ran across this "senior member's" blog.

(Deleted by Admin)

Admin Note:

David...

A link will do nicely, TYVM.

This guy doesn't have a clue what hit them -- when all it was was the truth.

Twice is he armed who is armed with the truth.

ex animo
davidfarrar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: