SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What kind of apology would work?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cuda
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: What kind of apology would work? Reply with quote

If Mr. Reporting For Duty were to go on national TV and issue an apology for everything- the medals & awards he recommended himself for, his 1971 betrayal of his fellow veterans, throwing whatever it was he threw over the capitol fence, etc... what could he say that would do him some good?

I'm thinking " I was really, really stoned at the time" would work as well as anything.
RobD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I resign
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he bowed out of the campaign i think that would be the sure way to kill the swiftboat ads.

Last edited by Chuck Z Ombie AC2000 on Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nutso
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resigning is not enough. How about a check out of the wifeys account to every POW. Then lose his citizenship and return top his beloved France where he can live out his life in shame.
vietnamvet173
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: What kind of apology would work? Reply with quote

Cuda wrote:
If Mr. Reporting For Duty were to go on national TV and issue an apology for everything- the medals & awards he recommended himself for, his 1971 betrayal of his fellow veterans, throwing whatever it was he threw over the capitol fence, etc... what could he say that would do him some good?

I'm thinking " I was really, really stoned at the time" would work as well as anything.

An apology of words is neither sufficient nor acceptable. I don’t think John Kerry has any consciousness of what he has done to harm not only Vietnam Veterans but also the United States itself. I don’t think there is anyway John Kerry can redeem himself never mind make atonement for his actions against us. Some things are just not forgivable.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry has had over 30 years to apologize. It would be disingenuous for Kerry to make an apology in a act of desperation as he plummets in the polls. Perhaps if the Kerry operatives would have taken the SBVFT seriously when this poll was posted and got out in front of the SBVFT story with an apology back in early June it might of helped the DNC.

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=542&highlight=apology

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police

Last edited by coldwarvet on Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's NOTHING he could say.
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sincere apology and admit to treason

Resign candidacy

Resign senate post

Throw self on mercy of court and american people

Zell Miller
republicanveteran
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only apology I will accept is his CONCESSION speech on Nov 3...
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind seeing him in Leavenworth writing, "I am a traitor to my country and I'm sorry." over and over on a prison blackboard for the rest of his natural life. That might be good enough for me.

Dusty
W.P. Wily
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

This is actually my biggest fear right now. If Kerry's new advisors convince him to use his speech tomorrow to apologize, it will give the MSM and a majority of the public the perfect excuse to marginalize the SBVfT from here on out. Not a little apology, which allows people to say he gave more ground, but a full-blown I'm-sorry-I-let-down-the-vets-I-was-wrong apology.

Think of it, the first day headline would be "Kerry apologizes to vets for Vietnam protests", and the story would be all about how much "courage" it took to make the apology. From the next day on, every mention of the SBVfT points would be answered with "you need to move on, Kerry has already apologized for that".

Plus, it takes coverage away from the convention which is yet another plus for Kerry, because so far the convention speeches have been killing.

I hope I'm wrong Sad

Last edited by W.P. Wily on Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
the0point
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not about an apology "working." Kerry would be missing the point if he thought he could make an apology. Kerry needs to understand that what he did was horrible, and while not beyond the realm of forgiveness, it is totally beyond the realm of the Presidency. Forgive him, the majority of Veterans might, but reward him with the Presidency they will not. Ever.
wbatten
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apology? Remember Kerry's testimony before the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations April 22, 1971

Nothing he says could ever reverse the damage that was done! Kerry gave comfort to the enemy while our friends and family were being held as POWs, while our friends and family where being KIA, while our friends and family where receiving wounds sustained in combat. Apology? from Kerry [sic]

-wayne
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

W.P. Wily wrote:
Quote:

This is actually my biggest fear right now. If Kerry's new advisors convince him to use his speech tomorrow to apologize, it will give the MSM and a majority of the public the perfect excuse to marginalize the SBVfT from here on out. Not a little apology, which allows people to say he gave more ground, but a full-blown I'm-sorry-I-let-down-the-vets-I-was-wrong apology.

Think of it, the first day headline would be "Kerry apologizes to vets for Vietnam protests", and the story would be all about how much "courage" it took to make the apology. From the next day on, every mention of the SBVfT points would be answered with "you need to move on, Kerry has already apologized for that".

Plus, it takes coverage away from the convention which is yet another plus for Kerry, because so far the convention speeches have been killing.

I hope I'm wrong Sad

Won't work! He's admitting he's a self-aggrandizing narcissistic fruad. He'd only get the 20% Barking Moonbat Vote.

What worries me is apologizing for "Post-war" and ignoring the fraud in Nam.
one more captins mast
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: One more captians mast. Reply with quote

The crew gets one lash each.

Notwithstanding all of the above how about he go to Vietnam

and search for Jerry Michael Shriver and if he finds him

alive he should "duck" and if dead then he can see the

Dark Side looking him in the eye and he can tell the

Demon's what's what.

other than that have a nice day John Kerry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: