SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If ad #5 was to have more VVAW activity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
llano
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: If ad #5 was to have more VVAW activity Reply with quote

Imagine the response to an ad that has something like this.

As a leader of the VVAW John Kerry attended meeting(s) where the asassination of United States Senators were discussed." John Kerry said he was not at the meeting, the FBI said he was. John Kerry now says he was at that meeting but does not remember the meeting?

And then more commentary.
low26
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think ad #5 should show his senate testimony saying how he met with the commies in Paris while he was still a naval officer, Then flash to the Constitution showing aiding and abetting the enemy
brotherofvietvet
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:40 pm    Post subject: Add # 5 Reply with quote

IOW26 is right. Kerry meeting with delegates of North Vietnam at the Paris Peace talks can be considered giving add and comfort to the enemy. Here is a man who did more than protest. He took it on himself to negotiate with the enemy and now he wants to be President. That act is unforgiveable and the American people need to know he committed it. How he got in the Senate is beyond me. Why didn't someone bring this up 20 years ago?
Bostonian
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the area where it's important to be really really careful.

What Kerry did in 1970-1972 is so outrageous that I fear it is difficult to get ordinary voters to believe that he actually did those things.
WalterW
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct, but that makes it so powerful, with photos and film of Kerry and with his own voice in the commercial.
stevec
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here it is again;

UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION
Amendment XIV
Section 3. No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

I have never heard of a vote in Congress to remove his disability.

Steve Christensen
WalterW
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The real issue with the Democrats will be that the time to do this was when Nixon was President, not now.

The response is that the Congress was Democrat at the time and, as such, was unwilling to take appropriate action.
Bostonian
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just saying, if we don't have footage showing Kerry shaking Madame ?Binh's hand, it may be hard to convince people he did that.

The FBI files are damning, but they're not visual.

Anyway, I've said this before: all this is in good hands, that I know.
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the end have a clip showing Kerry is in communist Vietnam's hall of fame.
larrygj
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the VVAW meeting in November of 1971 where Kerry discussed with others the murdering of 8 members of the very body he was elected to serve in for 20 years is something I am sure most people don't know about and will be shocked to learn. Hopefully the New Media will get to this. Kerry kept denying his attendance at the meeting (where seizing the Statue of Liberty was also discussed) until confronted with FBI surveillance documents. Only then did Traitor John back off, though he "cahnt remembah" an assassination plot he was witness to -- and never told the authorities about. So much for his saying "I defended this country as a young man." By his silence, he kept better faith with this band of subversives than with those he served with in Vietnam. He has seared into his memory places he never was, while forgetting about a criminal plot of this magnitude (two VVWA witnesses who put Kerry there also said he argued violently with Al Hubbard, the group's non-Viet Nam Vet leader), in a place where he denied being but in fact was.

If there is a SVBT ad on this, I hope it will be pointed out that Kerry came clean only after he was confronted with documents kept by the FBI in their surveillance of this "war hero" and fringe group.

This pathological liar makes Bill Clinton look like Goodie Two Shoes.

Larry
Bostonian
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmudd wrote:
At the end have a clip showing Kerry is in communist Vietnam's hall of fame.

Lots of Americans would not have a visceral reaction to that. What do Americans really know about Vietnam today? How important is this hall of fame? Is it a big deal officially or is it an out-of-the-way roadside curiosity run by some diehards? And how do you prove, in a 30 second ad, which it is?

And if you do get that point across, it's not clear how damning it is. They like him, they're communists, so what. Some percentage of viewers just wouldn't care or would resent being dragged back into an argument about what a bad idea communism is.

For me there are much more potent things to use in ads. On stolenhonor.com, there's the ex-POW saying that he & the other guys were being kept as bargaining chips. He notes that their lives were worth instantly nothing once Kerry made a push for a unilateral withdrawal from Vietnam. These men were physically in danger as soon as Kerry opened his damned mouth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: