SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

August 31st SBVFT letter to Kerry
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BB Stacker
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on the Purple Hearts.

One was the splinter in the arm from his own grenade launcher that he was originally turned down for, another is the rice in the butt incident from a grenade that he through and the last was a bruise from either pulling Rassmun from the river or falling against a bulkhead when his boat was said to be jarred by a mine. The last one keeps moving around.
lucky
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:19 am    Post subject: Ok Reply with quote

Kerry has his out. Kerry is a member of the American Legion and he will be speaking to them as a member. I know he won't repent and I feel that the swiftees are being very generous in their terms. If he repents he loses the election for sure. I do hope these generous terms do not have anything to do with Dossier Day.

If he does repent and you guys will have to forgive hime and relent on your attacks, at least there are other sites I can go to to protest this traitor. After all he sold the swiftees out first and foremost and then I feel he sold out all Vietnam Vets, then he sold out his nation. I for one will continue my meager assault on this vermin even if he caves in to the offer ya'll gave him.
rbshirley
Founder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ord33 wrote:
I'm not trying to be a critic here, or dispute anything of the SwiftVets, but I
thought only 2 of Sen. Kerry's PH were self-inflicted with his own weapon?
Perhaps, I am misunderstanding this statement in the letter?

Purple Heart #1: Blowback from a M-79 on Skimmer north of Cam Ranh
Purple Heart #3: Rice from grenade prior to Rassmann "man overboard"

Purple Heart #2: Page 78 of "Unfit for Command." Also a M-79 accident

."In addition, one of Kerry's crewmen, in a 2002 email that he disowned
. after {finally sic} meeting with Kerry, questioned this Purple Heart and
. indicated that it was for a negligently self-inflicted M-79 grenade round
. like the one occuring at Cam Ranh Bay" {ie like PH #1}

I have read this email, and it is about four times as dumb as PH #1

Evidently Kerry was asleep during Coronado training on M-79 & grenades

wbatten
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Veterans Group Sends Challenge to Kerry (Being reported on FoxNews)

FoxNews
Quote:

NEW YORK — The organization Swift Boat Veterans for Truth (search) says it will stop its television advertising if John Kerry (search) admits his misstatements about his war record and apologizes for 1971 testimony in which he called his fellow sailors in Vietnam criminals.

-wayne
BC
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one will back these men in what ever decision they make.
ohanakat
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now THAT, Mr. Kerry, is what honor looks like.

No opinion here on the details of the terms (not mine to have) but the reconciliation attempt combined with the massive media buy same day is yet another stroke of genius, and class. He'll check to the power or, he'll be checked by the power. Very nice execution!

Kat
lucky
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:39 am    Post subject: Ok Reply with quote

Good Luck swiftees and all who put in the good fight. Hope Ya'll get what ya'll want. As for me I have done all I could except cast my vote. Everyone here is a great American and I am proud of all. Bye.
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wbatten wrote:
Veterans Group Sends Challenge to Kerry (Being reported on FoxNews)

FoxNews
Quote:

NEW YORK — The organization Swift Boat Veterans for Truth (search) says it will stop its television advertising if John Kerry (search) admits his misstatements about his war record and apologizes for 1971 testimony in which he called his fellow sailors in Vietnam criminals.

-wayne

See. Kerry's going to say he 'regrets' the 'language' he used before the Fulbright Committee. Now stop criticizing me!

That's a likely scenario. This is why I can't understand this letter unless a) they are just too tired, at this point, and I don't get that sense from those doing the talk show interviews, b) they are afraid something will come out, say for 13 MAR, or others, that might embarrass too many others (a few awards on 13 MAR might have been given on pretense of heavy enemy fire, although Thurlow should certainly keep his), c) they've been successfully intimidated by the Kerry 'band of lawyers', and theats against Al French and others.

I just don't know. But this seems very unwise. And again, while the 'Swifties' raised a lot of issues, their advertizing was aimed at getting others involved. Well, others ARE involved and engaged in this. And they want answers, too, at this point.

I just don't know.
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:54 am    Post subject: Re: Ok Reply with quote

lucky wrote:
Good Luck swiftees and all who put in the good fight. Hope Ya'll get what ya'll want. As for me I have done all I could except cast my vote. Everyone here is a great American and I am proud of all. Bye.

Dang. They haven't even begun to air their new commercial, and it's time to shut down the boards?

They're basically telegraphing Kerry that if he holds on for a few weeks, the 'Swifties' will disappear. I hope they don't. It's been more than difficult for them, I'm sure, particularly the Democrats among them, and particularly for the personal slanders and threats from the LM and Kerry Campaign against each and all, regardless. But your country still needs you.
lucky
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:06 am    Post subject: No Reply with quote

Sevry it is not that. I feel they have had enough. Maybe it was the French thing maybe no. I knew it was possible that some would fall by the wayside and I was going to be one of many that would pick up the "guidon" so to speak. I never expected them to be so generous in terms. it will be easy for him to get out of this now i feel. All this slime ball has to do now is meet half way and the swiftees will give in to him. I mean that all Kerry has to do is give an half assed apology and the swiftees being the honorable men I feel that thery are now have to quit. I don't go for quitters. If someone fails but tried than I respect that but quitters, No.
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't bet on it. Kerry has already stated that he stands by his testimony in 1971 in no uncertain terms. He has also refused to back off on any of his war canards even when proven false.

If he backs down even part way now, he is finished politically. I think this was a very clever move by the SBVT and puts the moral burden squarely on Kerry's shoulders where it belongs. I might be wrong....we'll see tomorrow, but I don't think I am. Already I am hearing via Fox New that Kerry has rejected the letter out of hand.

Truth is Beauty
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:14 am    Post subject: Re: No Reply with quote

lucky wrote:
Sevry it is not that. I feel they have had enough. Maybe it was the French thing maybe no. I knew it was possible that some would fall by the wayside

Yeah, but I'm not sure that's even true for Al French. He didn't swear on such after saying, I saw it. He didn't say that, or swear to that.

I hope they reconsider what you seem to suggest. Their country still needs them. Kerry is UNFIT FOR COMMAND. One way to prevent him from being elected President would be to keep up these reminders about his past, and his pitiful and reckless grab for glory, basically on both sides of the issues, breaking I don't know how many laws in the process, and using people as he saw fit. That can't be rewarded. And I truly hope that you are wrong, and that the Swift Vets don't just disappear, tomorrow. But by your suspicion, again let's face it, they're telegraphing a desire to quit, to Kerry. He just has to ignore the issue for a few weeks. He doesn't have to do anything. They're handing him a gift he couldn't possibly have anticipated.
justamom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:16 am    Post subject: Re: No Reply with quote

lucky wrote:
Sevry it is not that. I feel they have had enough. Maybe it was the French thing maybe no. I knew it was possible that some would fall by the wayside and I was going to be one of many that would pick up the "guidon" so to speak. I never expected them to be so generous in terms. it will be easy for him to get out of this now i feel. All this slime ball has to do now is meet half way and the swiftees will give in to him. I mean that all Kerry has to do is give an half assed apology and the swiftees being the honorable men I feel that thery are now have to quit. I don't go for quitters. If someone fails but tried than I respect that but quitters, No.

VERY DISRESPECTFUL IN MY OPINION....These men and women (SBVFT) have fought honorably and stood their ground with dignity through an onslaught of the ugliest, most vile attacks from Kerry, his campaign, the DNC, the mainstream media, ignorant american citizens, etc.

How dare anyone speak of them and their cause in such a way?

UNLESS you have been alongside them from day one and endured all that they have..............your comments/opinions have no worth as far as I and my family are concerned.

THESE ARE SOME OF THE MOST HONORABLE, DIGNIFIED, RESPECTFUL INDIVIDUALS I HAVE EVER HAD THE PRIVILEDGE TO MEET.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is perfect theatre! Read the Letter! If he complies with the request he's toast in a wartime America. If he rejects it, which his staff is already doing, he's toast.

I find the the tactically brilliant. We, like the President, are now above the fray. The only man in a box is Kerry!

I freaking love it!
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is extremely well-crafted.

I'd expect no less from John O'Neill.

So close... and, oh so far away.

I can hear Kerry grinding his teeth, even now.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: