SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are the Swift Vets giving Kerry an out?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This statement by LTJG Tom Wright is one that I've been wrestling with for quite some time, and I've developed my own postulate as to how it may have colored Kerry's entire performance post-Vietnam.

Quote:
Wright: . . . When he got his third Purple Heart, that evening - and again, we didn't particularly care what it was for but we knew that he had three - and that evening I and two other people went in and told him that we felt that he should go home. It was something that he could do. He told us that he didn't want to; that it was his intention to serve his country and serve all the people. And the next morning, he was gone. We were happy and didn't worry about it.

Assuming that Kerry was gathering his political bona fides in Vietnam, and assuming that he, indeed, was "urged" to take advantage of "3 and you're out", I think it's fair to speculate that Kerry left Vietnam with a bad taste in his mouth for the U.S. Navy and, perhaps, for ALL the military services.

Is it POSSIBLE that his "interrupted" resume building so inflamed his narcissistic instinct that VVAW, "Wintersoldier" and "Dewey Canyon" was his form of "payback" to the military for the perceived rejection to which he was subjected?
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Is it POSSIBLE that his "interrupted" resume building so inflamed his narcissistic instinct that VVAW, "Wintersoldier" and "Dewey Canyon" were his form of "payback" to the military for the perceived rejection to which he was subjected?

Who knows? Another month in country and he might have been awarded the Navy Cross.

With Combat V.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: ...Giving Kerry an out? Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
...it's fair to speculate that Kerry left Vietnam with a bad taste in his mouth for the U.S. Navy and, perhaps, for ALL the military services.

I've wondered about that too and alluded to it in one of my posts. I've been reluctant to openly accuse him of such a despicable attitude but now, seeing how mean spirited he is, I'm pretty sure that revenge must have been a large part of his motivation. Now that his campaign is sputtering, he plans to deny abandoning the POW/MIAs, and plans to claim strong support for them, we might see how really unfit he is.
Herb
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was very disappointed that the "Letter" didn't include that Kerry publicly release Form 180 to release all of his records from archive.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Herb wrote:
I was very disappointed that the "Letter" didn't include that Kerry publicly release Form 180 to release all of his records from archive.

Might be a moot point herb. The MSM is starting to ask for it. (see M. Dobbs, Washington Post)

Quote:
Dublin, Calif.: Seems to me that the Swift Boat Vets are mostly pushing for Senator Kerry to sign a Standard Form 180 so the navy can release all his military record.

Do you feel this is a resonable request?

Michael Dobbs: I think that Sen. Kerry should allow independent access to his military records. If this involves signing a SF 180, as it appears to do, I think that he should do this.

Washington Post
A.R. Peter LaFond
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a huge stroke of genious. It is brilliant! If Kerry apologizes, even if the apology is lame and self-serving, he will then open himself up for direct attacks from the Bush campaign regarding his Vietnam service, and his anti-war activities.

And, the SwiftVets come off as having offered an olive branch that was rejected by Kerry.

This is great!

Pride Runs Deep!
Herb
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A.R. Peter LaFond wrote:
This is a huge stroke of genious. It is brilliant! If Kerry apologizes, even if the apology is lame and self-serving, he will then open himself up for direct attacks from the Bush campaign regarding his Vietnam service, and his anti-war activities.

And, the SwiftVets come off as having offered an olive branch that was rejected by Kerry.

This is great!

Pride Runs Deep!

This is a guy who delivered lies under oath to a Senate hearing and confessed to his OWN war crimes and atrocities on both "Dick Cavette Show" and "Meet the Press" yet the press doesn't seem to care -- without the SwiftVets to remind them.

This is a guy who 'voted for the $87 billion before he voted against it.>

And a wealther of other "nuances."

Kerry must NOT be let up of the mat no matter how "sorry" he is. We know he is sorry.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Apology from Kerry? Reply with quote

It's hard to tell what Kerry will do--whether or not he will apologize, but what if he gives some half-hearted apology before the American Legion, which gets lost in the media's current preoccupation with the RNC?

Kerry has had 33 years to apologize, and NEVER did, and even a few months ago said he was "proud" of his anti-war activities. If he knows that the SBVT ads are damaging his campaign, he might give some sort of insincere, lip-service apology to get SBVT off his back, then if he is elected President, he could repeat his treacherous behavior as President, and try to "nuance" his previous apology.

He started out wanting to be a "war hero", making films of himself and writing himself up for medals, then came back and accused everyone of committing war crimes, and now wants everyone to believe he's a war hero again. He is a weathervane, and goes with the political winds whichever way they are blowing. He has "flip-flopped" on many other issues, he will do this regarding war and peace.

The SBVT CANNOT TRUST any apology that Kerry may make. Even if he does apologize, the SBVT should continue running ads about Kerry's past, ESPECIALLY his betrayal. Kerry MUST be kept out of the White House, NO MATTER WHAT. If he loses the election, he can be sorry later (probably not for what he did to veterans, but sorry for himself).
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Apology from Kerry? Reply with quote

Steve Z wrote:
It's hard to tell what Kerry will do--whether or not he will apologize, but what if he gives some half-hearted apology before the American Legion, which gets lost in the media's current preoccupation with the RNC?

I still think they dodged the bullet. Kerry apparently is so determined not to admit fault, that he couldn't call O'Neill's bluff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: