SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stop the Ads that question his Medals
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sgt Mastrorillo
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject: Stop the Ads that question his Medals Reply with quote

I am a Marine Vietnam vet 68-69 I believe that the Ads that question Kerrys medals and how he won them give him to much wiggle room. The ads that I want to see all over the place is the playing of his testimony to congress. It hurt me to hear it I was just released from the Marine Corp and starting a civilian life. His testimony smeared us. I have contributed several time to the Swiftees and I hope everyone here contributes and continues to contribute
Semper Fi
RStauch
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject: He didn't "Win" those medals Reply with quote

If anyone was ever in the military, they know nobody "wins" medals in war. This ain't the Olympics. You don't win a Silver Star, Bronze Star with Combat "V", 3 Purple Hearts. They are awarded, because they are earned, or they are not.

Kerry didn't "win" anything. He "weedled" those ribbons and medals. He demanded them, insisted on them, tricked the military into giving them to him. He did anything but earn them.

I say, God Speed, Swift Boat Veterans for Truth. Let's get the truth out, and let the people make an informed decision.
Sgt Mastrorillo
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they have a right to do it but it does muck up the issue. His testimony cannot be spinned. He said it and now we can give him the payback I do not want him to win and this is the way to do it.
Sgt-Keeper
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: Hmmmmmmmm Reply with quote

Sgt. M,
Just a question. Your post about 'winning' a medal is suspect as is the designation of Sgt. which ususally indicates an E5, after 36 years in the USMC? "I was just released..." Please clarify. You had to be 18 in 1968 in order to go to Viet Nam (notice how we separate the words) which would make you at least 54 today. There are some old Marines around but......what am I missing? Just curious. Your MOS?
Sgt Mastrorillo
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt say I was still in. I said I was a Marine in Vietnam from 68-69. I got out in 71. I'm surprised that my service has been question twice. I was a Sgt. My MOS was 2841 radio repairman and then became 2847 cyrpto radio repairman. I served in Chu Lai Mag 13 I was there for 12 months. I went to Parris Island in may of 67 and was in Plt 173. I went to ITR Camp LeJunne ( not sure if it is spelled right). Went to school at MCRD for Basic electronics, Radio fundamentals, and then PRC 25 school.
Semper Fi
Sgt Mastrorillo
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more thing I always see it spelled vietnam one word
Rurik
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sgt Mastrorillo wrote:
One more thing I always see it spelled vietnam one word

Yes, that's the way you usually see it in the popular press, and amogn lazy writers (self included on occasion).
However, Viet Nam is proper. As in Quang Nam province.
I was assigned to work with our battalion Kit Carson Scout and interpreters.

Essayons!
Fight Build and Destroy
Sgt-Keeper
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: ok Reply with quote

Sgt. M,
Reread your first post "I was just.........". Don't get your undies in a bundle because your in-country or service time was questioned. Mistakes can cause immediate "incoming" here because of the many posers that have been attacking this site. Welcome aboard.
rbshirley
Founder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rurik wrote:
However, Viet Nam is proper.

Actually ... "nam" = "south" and "bac" = "north"

So one way to reference the population is by "Nam Viets" & "Bac Viets"

But like Cambodia (instead of Kampuchea}, Vietnam or Viet Nam is the
western popularization used. Even tho "North Viet Nam" is a oxymoron.

JMOHO ....
Dane
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Letīs calm down, guys. Dissenting or unpopular opinion does not necessarily indicate trolls in the wires.

One side feels the medals issue is not germane. The other side feels that it is. I am of the second. It shows sleazy, conniving machinations preplanned to further a political career duplicating that of John F. Kennedy at the expense of his troops and fellow officers. It is a question of personal integrity. That in itself is enough for me.

The rest is icing on the cake. Since I am not a Viet Nam vet, Kerryīs accusations had no effect on me (although I empathize with all of you vets). But, yes, his trip to Paris _does_ affect me because, in my eyes, it was a violation of the UCMJ internationally committed by a U.S. Navy officer and that reflects upon me and my Navy no matter when it happened.

Letīs stay on track.

Dane
MACVJOE
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The metal controversty is import. It futher establishes Kerry patern. He vols for Swifts when Swifts were operating off costal waters. When assigned to Swifts , Swifts are now operating on inland waters. Danger factor TOO high for him. He knows he needs 3 PH to get out. He inflates BDR to get awards. Comes back gets involved with Commies and goes to Paris. Does his famous 71 testimony , not only says we all committed war crimes, but can not trust offical Govt reports because military including him inflated daily BDR, then throws metalsand or ribbons away. On ABC interview shortly after he says he threw his metals names them off, SS, 2 BS, 3 PH he says those plus others. Fast forward to 2004, Says look at my offical Navy records to estiblish he actually received awards, says he threw someone elses metals, said he was just reporting on War Crimes that other told him about etc. His website has 3 different versons of 13 Mar incident, the 1992 Cong Record has yet another. He tells NAACP about day he heard of MLK killed , when he was in Nam. However he was Gridley, tell Humane Socity about VC (the dog) being blown off his boat and landing on another Swift when his boat hit a mine. He is a patholigal lier,who began his waffle training early in 67. HE IS ALL FOR kERRY, AND ONLY KERRY.He used us then and he is using us now. Keep up the pressure.
HardCorps
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:48 am    Post subject: Fraudulent Medals Matter Reply with quote

Sgt. Mastrorillo, my respect for radio repairmen comes from one of my Sgt's I had in Mogadishu who insisted that he come out on patrol and that he carry the M-60E3 (the pig). I understand why some may want a battle handoff away from the Fraudulent Medals to the more appealing 71 testimony but you should consider this:

1) Kerry knows that we know. He is scared. He also knows that young leathernecks and troopers now know and smell a rat. He will never be able to even where a lapel pin or prance around with his fruit salad on a hat.

2) He used his ribbons on his OD's (which is illegal by the way) to gain the credibility needed for the VVAW to prop him up, and then to intimidate those foolish Senators and media when he lied to the world. He is no longer beyond reproach.

3) There are Officers and Enlisted behind bars RIGHT NOW who whore fraudulent medals (convictions happen about 3-4 times a year but the public is unaware. This is why this is unbelievable to so many)

4) There are currently 3 Medals of Honor pending approval for Iraq. Imagine President Kerry awarding these on national TV. (This image keeps me up at night)

5) Both issues can be run simultaneously with the focus being on Winter Soldier Lies.

6) What I was taught by some salty ass enlisted mentors:
Awards, especially combat awards are Earned, Presented to , Awarded to, Received by, Bestowed upon, Held by, but never ever won. Yet Leatherneck magazine and others in uniform still say "Won" like it's a raffle.

My view on how to be more affective with the Medals
a. Point out the dozens of times it has happened before and how the Military was "used". Name names and actual punishments. This will overcome the "The Navy said he earned them " syndrome
b. Demand an official and unbiased investigation (could already be happening)
c. Use drawings or power point slides to show the actual events so that civilians don't have to imagine confusing military tactics and reports.
d. Explain that the few eyewitnesses supporting Kerry also benefited greatly from the write ups and their medal would be suspect also.
e. Patience
-ANGLICO FAC - Iraqi Freedom
ALMOUNT
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbshirley wrote:
"North Viet Nam" is a oxymoron.

Damn....I never knew that.... Shocked

I'm getting smart hanging around you guys.... Laughing

http://www.DELTARAIDERS.COM

I killed a six pack....just to watch it DIE
one more captins mast
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Reply with quote

Rassman, Rassman, did they swap awards , was he a

A-1 , amd. ast. Lt. doing Awards and Citation work

we need all his stay in VN evey moment we can

out ,and some very good back up on him , he is the key.

I'm out in the oil patch in Texas, all this smells like a

"slated well" one that has had about 500 bls of oil pumped

down the hole about a week ago and now its for sale.
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would agree that Rassmann is covering something up in all this. It sure seems hard to turn up anything on the guy besides the Kerry incident. I was hoping a SF source that served with the guy would give us something by now. Or maybe they have, and O'Niell is holding it for a good moment. I hope. Wink Think about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: