SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry appearance - American Legion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bach04
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I am reporting for duty...

http://vodkapundit.com/archives/006561.php
DaveL
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cuda wrote:
DaveL wrote:
Snipe wrote:
Er Cuda, I checked out Fox, CNN, and MSNBC and the cameras
were all the same. Just the crawl under the talking head was
different.

I made the same observation as I was searching for a network that would show the usual audience shots...pretty conclusive that the camera was controlled by someone with an interest in not showing audience response...now whom might that be?

That could be attributed either to all the networks having to have their cameras on the same camera platform, or possibly a common feed. Both are a far cry from the Reporting For Duty campaign controlling the camera angles. As one of the mods said, making unsubstantiated charges like that isn't good for the credibility of the one making the charge.

The camera coverage was in stark contrast to that of Bush's speech yesterday. I made a factual observation of the difference today, and posed a rhetorical query. I apologize to anyone offended by my previous comment. No "unsubstantiated charge" intended.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry had to go. The media probably will not go into any detail about the absence of repartee between the audience and Kerry. It's just the first of many likely cold receptions he will receive from this point on. He will always received rousing welcomes from his base. All we need to concern ourselves re the undecided. Both candidates have their bases stuck like glue. We need to focus on undecided. And you know what else, I would sincerely like to see Bush take California. I'm getting just a little bit tingly about the very thought of Bush taking California. How about a win of California by a margin of 500 votes. Wanna see Kerry go nuts? Anyone out there think it can be done?
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveL wrote:
The camera coverage was in stark contrast to that of Bush's speech yesterday. I made a factual observation of the difference today, and posed a rhetorical query.

Concur completely.

There has been a transparent double-standard in covering Kerry events vs. Bush events.

The media isn't even bothering to try to camoflage it, any more.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomorelies wrote:
How about a win of California by a margin of 500 votes. Wanna see Kerry go nuts? Anyone out there think it can be done?

Nothing is impossible or off the table, but some things are HIGHLY unlikely, and Bush taking California away from John F-ing Kerry is among those things, IMO. However, that doesn't mean that an effort shouldn't be mounted to do just that. The narrower the margin, the less mandate Kerry has.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: California Reply with quote

You might want to check the thread "California Political Ads?" Lots of interesting stuff there, including a poll showing Kerry only leading by 3% in California.

May need to be taken with a few grains of salt, but if California is close, a few Swift Boat ads and the Terminator could tip California to Bush...in which case Kerry would be toast!
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the Clinton team aboard now we will hear nothing but lie and after lie, the spokespersons changing the subject, and the leftist media will be complicit all the way.
Sonar5
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: He Just Keeps Lying.... Reply with quote

Kerry is a Known Liar....

He Just Keeps Lying....

How about the part where kerry says before the war everyone said it was going to be quick and decisive.....

That's funny J.f'ing Kerry, I precisely remeber the dems screaming at the top of their lungs...

Another Vietnam....
A Quagmire.....
The whole Middle east will blow up....

Kerry may possibly be suffering from Narcissistic Personality Disorder, In my opinion.

Look at the symptons:
http://www.mentalhealth.com/dis1/p21-pe07.html

Diagnostic Criteria

A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:

1. has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
2. is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
3. believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
4. requires excessive admiration
5. has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
6. is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
7. lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
8. is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her
9. shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

Ask yourself if these symptoms and his actions don't fit into this..

I propose after kerry loses, we assist him in getting the help he needs....

Lord knows, it may take years to recover.... Wink

Regards,
Sonar5

My Home at AboutPolitics.net:
http://www.aboutpolitics.net/phpBB2/index.php

oasis
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Kerry is subtle but I know what he's saying.

Quote:
To achieve this goal, the Democrat said that the United States needs to bring its allies to its side to share the costs and burdens of the war, including those falling on American troops in Iraq.

Here he is asking for foreign support for his campaign because he knows he's losing. Who knows what help he will get.

Quote:
"Together, we need to more rapidly train Iraqi police and military to take over the job of protecting the country. That is what I will do as commander in chief because I'll tell you what, that's the right way to get the job done and bring our troops home as fast as possible," he said.

Here he is describing what Bush has already done but he wants to take credit for it.

As for early troop withdrawal. He is trying to rally anti-war troops to his side and support from those in the service. A remake of his anti-war policy the "Winter Soldier."

Quote:
Kerry said Bush failed to listen to advice from top military officials about the situation in Iraq, failed to have a plan in place to win the peace and failed to bring in allies to help during the war or during reconstruction.

Total BS..

Ask General Tommy Franks or better yet read "American Soldier' is also on Audio cassette at Books-A-Million.

Quote:
"By dismissing the State Department's plan for postwar Iraq and proceeding unilaterally, the civilian leadership simply did not put the mechanism in place to be able to secure the country," he said.

How many years did it take Japan and Germany to reconstruct after the war this guy seriously is in need of help. John Forbes Kerry Kohn

Quote:
The candidate also criticized the president for failing to equip U.S. troops adequately in Iraq and for not using American forces in Afghanistan to go quickly after Osama bin Laden when it was believed he was in the Tora Bora region.

Kerry voted against the 87 billion dollar aid and support for Iraq and our troops. This guy knows that 90% of Americans are not informed about his voting record. He's is counting on that.

Kerry vows U.S. will win war on terror

This is why the SBVFT is needed.

My 2nd contributions is in the mail. Fight the good fight of faith.

I for one support you.

Let the truth be known.

Please donate to the.. RED CROSS
Sonar5
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject: Kerry on American Legion Reply with quote

mtpNY wrote:
Just curious, isn't there a quote from Kerry somewhere (New Soldier maybe) where he says he won't march in any parades or join any veteran organizations?
Does someone have a link/source/quote?

You Are Correct Sir... (In best Marine Ed McMahon Voice) Smile

New Soldier
Quote:

In Agust 1970, VVAW members Confronted the National Convention of American Legionairres in Portland Oregon.

The American Legion has successfuly prevented people like Vietnam veterans against the war from getting their programs through the Veteran's Administration. Those bodies in existence have tremendous power.

We will not quickly join those who march on Veterans Day waving small flags, calling to memory those thousands who died for the 'greater glory of the United States.' ... We will not readily join the American Legion and the Veterans of Foreign Wars- in fact we will find it hard to join anything at all, and when we do, we will demand relevancy such as other organizations have recently been unable to proivide. We will not take solace from the creation of monuments or the naming of parks after the select few of the thousands of dead Americans and vietnamese. We will not uphold traditions which decorously memorialize that which was base and grim.

You will also note the hypocrite kerry in his speech had no problem talknig about the WWII Memorial....

He is a sad disturbed man who has no business even holding the public office of dog catcher......

Regards,
Joe

My Home at AboutPolitics.net:
http://www.aboutpolitics.net/phpBB2/index.php

lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHOA!!!!

Ya'll may not think much of this, but my local news station picks up the national NBC feed, then reads the scripts or repeats from the feeds that accompany them, verbatim.

First they were talking about kerry's AL speech today, and that he had a chance to apologize to the veterans, and Swift Boat Vets, ,,, BUT HE DIDN"T.

The on air talking head is a local Dem that i knew from press associatiion meetings. She was downright snitty that he didn't apologize. As if he was some lowlife.

I couldn't have been more surprised.... Laughing
Cuda
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveL wrote:

The camera coverage was in stark contrast to that of Bush's speech yesterday. I made a factual observation of the difference today, and posed a rhetorical query.

Fair enough.

Quote:
I apologize to anyone offended by my previous comment. No "unsubstantiated charge" intended.

No offense taken
bpilch
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just as a note for the person talking about California, Rasmussen has it 54-38 Kerry in California. I live here, and unfortunately it is true. Just try and win Ohio and Florida, that's what we need....
NavyBrat
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frogg wrote:
..snip.....

Found some interesting statistics also.....Kerry has a "o" rating by The American Legion:

The American Legion
Year: 2003
Issue: Veterans Issues

The following ratings are based on the votes the organization considered most important; the numbers reflect the percentage of time the representative voted the organization's preferred position.

MA U.S. Senate Sr Edward M. 'Ted' Kennedy
Democrat 50

MA U.S. Senate Jr John Forbes Kerry
Democrat 0

NC U.S. Senate Sr John Reid Edwards
Democrat 50

NC U.S. Senate Jr Elizabeth H. Dole
Republican 100

http://www.vote-smart.org/issue_rating_detail.php?sig_id=003047M&PHPSESSID=7929f53361887da721aee9d9aef8c18b

Thanks Frogg for posting those facts and the link..
I think some vets I know might find that interesting..

---------

You people in Florida, my prayers are with you

--------

Weighing in on the Kerry speech----
Tanya, pass me the hurly bag please

Why is John Glenn supporting him??

--------

Way to go Swiftiees!
WebTalk
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if "The Terminator" will keep up the stump speech straight through to the election maybe they can swing it.

I think "W" ( and Laura) have a firm command on Ohio now and that should grow as the SBVT keep the attack up.

As for Florida, well, our prayers are with you folks and hope you can get back on your feet in time to vote. I'm pretty sure your going to take a historic beating from Francis, but you won't believe the counter-storm of Federal assistance coming your way.

Mr Bush, opportunity is about to knock in Florida.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: