SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry campaign will buy 45 million dollar commercial time!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
openfish24
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: Kerry campaign will buy 45 million dollar commercial time!! Reply with quote

The counterattack after the convention has begun. We need to make sure the swift vets can keep the message out there.

Contribute!! Participate!!

Never forget
Never Surrender

And unlike Kerry keep your honor!!

Pete Bartow
USMC 75-80
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Daniel J. Hutchison
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject: Contribute Reply with quote

The ad on the medals is right on the mark. How can someone claim to be a decorated veteran if he threw the medals away? Why ask for additions to your 214 if you threw the medals away? A new contrubutuion is on the way. Keep up the good work and please do not let up.
soccer4ever
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent another contribution to SwiftVets
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$45 million? The swiftvets get better results with $500,000 in ad buys.
RocketFett
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if that $45 million is for one big sweeping ad, or several. Or if it's directed at SWIFT Vets, or Bush, or both. It sure took them long enough and I am wondering if the fact of over six weeks of unanswered SWIFT charges make this too little too late, since America has had nearly two months to digest the SBVT case, and see the ads, hear the interviews, and read the book, and that would seem to make any kerry retaliation just seem like smearing those who told the truth about him. Especially after the POWs come out. I feel certain that would negate any ad attack campaign he would start. Any news on what the $45 million will be spent on?
MAXX
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: Kudlow (NRO) hints "big money" support for Swiftie Reply with quote

Well the $45m media buy was really expected. But now that other anti-Kerry (and may I say anti-Trial lawyer) 527s are smelling the rat they quickly realize where their dollars can be spent most effectively.

if only by reading the recent shifts in the polls. One $25m pro-biz 527 already offered help (according to Kudlow/NR) - it's called Progress America. I bet my favourite PAC - the Club for Growth (www.clubforgrowth.org) can be pursuaded to join your crusade as well..

Supporting the SWIFTIES will multiply their impact in their goal of defeating Liberal loonies Kerry and Edwards... money appears not to be the problem anymore. You effectively "repositioned" the self-declared war-hero Kerry into a traitor selling out his brothers. You are right - he cannot be trusted. What a result - Estrich is fuming, the Dems "purple red" (as if she hadn't been that all the time..)

Just keep up the great work !
MAXX (From Austria)
P. Aaron
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry campaign will buy 45 million dollar commercial time!!

Sounds like some more mortgaging of Heinz properties is going on.

At favorable interest rates of course.
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That should be about all of the money he has left from the 75 mil that we gave him, hummmm two months left? He can't use anymore money, his or anyone elses. So I bet we see a more evident wedding with the moveon.orgs. They will have to fund him the rest of the way. Semper Fi.
theflickster
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomorelies wrote:
$45 million? The swiftvets get better results with $500,000 in ad buys.

Perhaps we should look at the "why" of that.

Could it be of the countless hours of volunteer work to share their thoughts? The lack of sleep? The constant website updates? Getting the information to the "little guy" instead of the media elite?

Could it be the genuine and very real sharing of their personal experiences?

Could it be the fact that it is dealing with a wound that, instead of being healed has had a bandaid on it for over 30 years?

Could it be that many have questioned the statements, but never served in Vietnam to dispute it? Could it be that nobody was willing to touch the very sore topic of the Vietnam conflict? (I know a lot of military veterans, many medal recepients, not a one of them boasts of being a hero... and many who to this day will not discuss Vietnam)

Could it be that there is truth in the words instead of the "media" proclaimed bias? That it is individuals that feel strongly about these issues and want the public to hear of their experiences?

Could it be that instead of being a "right wing" smear campaign using the "dirty" tactics of the President that it is Vietnam Veterans that will no longer be silenced?

If it was a multiple choice question.... I would choose "All of the Above".
And that is why, their voices will become stronger as a group of 254 become millions of "average Joe American" supporters. That's why every contribution (financially, letter writing, protests) means so much. This small group of Veterans stepped out and the group is growing. The larger the group, the more who hear, the larger it continues to grow.

They stepped out, they stood up and they deserve to be heard. For that, they have my support, my voice, and my respect.
Taylor
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a bit concerned about their millions on false propaganda. The American people know better.

Just today or yesterday Edwards stated that this administration have not done "anything good" to talk about.... And that type of rhetoric is beyond partisanship, that's plain and simple anti-American and only those extremist, like those protestors in NY which about 70% of them don't believe in capitalism, will swallow Kerry's/Edwards' lies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: