SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sen. Zell Miller - Comment here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
odietz
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a fellow Marine, and a proud American, I was very proud of Senator Miller last night. The dems don't understand separating National Security from party politics, and never will. This makes it even more urgent that President Bush win, and win BIG!
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hope this works

Miller defends tactics
Sept. 1: In an extraordinary heated exchange with MSNBC-TV’s Chris Matthews, Sen. Zell Miller defends the tone of his attacks on Sen. John Kerry.

javascript:oMvsLink('00','77ff0b06-ef9a-42a8-b329-9afcf270061f')

MSNBC
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or try it this way - and scroll down and click on video

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5810451/
Tony
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zell Miller gave an incredible speech and as usual - it has received very little coverage in the media this morning. Surely there would be some news around a democrat ripping into one of his own with an oration that sounded like it was coming from someone on a pulpit instead of a podium. Not sure if it was even carried on the networks last night. Would love to see his speech made into a campaign ad played in prime time - so the people who need to hear his words most would hear them.

http://tonyk.smugmug.com/photos/1822816-L-1.jpg
USN 1983-1992
Wind Walker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "Key-Note" speech last night by Zel Miller, was without a doubt, the best explanation of just where John Kerry stands on a lot of issue's concerning this country, and Miller was right on target.

I do think however, the actual transcript/s of Zell Miller's speech has one mistake in it. If I remember the "correct" language in the part that I'm referring to it is:

"The United States Armed Forces, Armed With What......Sail Boats?"

I realize the media transcripts have him saying "Spitballs", and it very well might have been, but I just thought he stated Sail Boats (in another effort to attack Kerry's life-long passion), and Zel Miller (if I'm correct on this) was shooting that arrow directly at Kerry, and GOOD FOR ZEL MILLER!

Somewhere in one of the above replies, it is said that they have the speech copied on DVD. If this is true, I hope that member will replay the speech, just to see if this part of the transcript uses the word Spitballs, or Sail Boats.

Spitballs is one thing, but Sail Boats hits directly in the heart of John Kerry!

Have a great day Smile
Wind Walker
leeinwv
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really thought he was head on. That is why I left the democratic party after 9/11 when they started running their mouths and the moral stand I couldn't take any longer.

Thank you Senator it was great
FF1047
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Miller tells Mathews to Shut Up ... Reply with quote

from our friends at the Media Research Center ...

http://www.mrc.org/cyberalerts/2004/cyb20040902am.asp#2
Wind Walker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooops!..........I just seen it again, & realize the transcripts are CORRECT!

It was "SPITBALLS"

I'm sorry for the in-correct analysis, and I guess this shows why I'm not an investigative journalist Rolling Eyes

Hva a great day Smile
Wind Walker
leeinwv
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
As for Zell, I am from Georgia. He did some really wacky stuff as Governor. At one time , we were the laughing stock of the nation when he proposed giving each expectant mother a tape of classical music to play for their baby in the womb, but last night "HE ROCKED

I saw this on another post about the senator and I wanted to comment. It is proven that ithelps babies to learn if you play music and talk to them while they are in the womb. So he was doing a great thing.

Yes he did rock and you should be proud of him
Tobette
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plenty of coverage of Zell's great speech this morning - why, Don Imus and Co. mocked him for over an hour and on Fox, Democratic strategists portrayed their party as positive and upbeat and the WHOLE RNC convention as negative. Too much!!
The only thing negative about last night were the FACTS in Zell's speech about Kerry's defense spending votes. It's getting down right hysterical how pathetic and desperate Kerry's campaign is.
RocketFett
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: VP Cheney and Sen. Miller! Reply with quote

AWESOME speeches! Man I cannot BELIEVE Senator Miller's speech! Holy CRAP! MY GOD! kerry must have about 40 a***s right now, because Senator Miller was ripping him a new one about every 30 seconds! I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT! THAT is what's been needing to be said about the democrat party for over 20 years since carter lost and they checked all sense of morality and reason at the door, and then never came back to claim them after all those years. That was easily one of the most amazing empassioned rivoting speeches I have ever heard in my life. He was so powerful and energized and you could tell REALLY sick and tired of seeing how his party has been taken over by consciousless uper liberal hate filled hacks who put liberal domination above protecting the country. That's the whole point of liberalism when you get down to it. Selfish arrogance and self-indulgence. If that speech didn't shame thousands of reasonable rational democrats into not voting for kerry, than they aren't reasonable or rational, and nothing will get their heads back t reality. Other than maybe thousands more people being murdered, and more buildings falling to the ground as planes crash and explode into them. God bless Senator Miller for that speech. WOW! I loved the pointing out of the Republican Candidate in 1940 who basically let FDR win, rather than put National Security at risk for politics. THAT is something the democrats do not understand. National Defense is CLEARLY second to the democrats and kerry, and their political ambitions are first. And that's VERY kerry. What he wants comes first. That's how it was when he was in Vietnam. That's how it was when he came back from Vietnam. And that's how it's been the 30 years after that. Now the past couple years, that's all he's shown as he's run for President.

VP Cheney's speech was really great too and was the kind of speech I was hoping he'd give. Calm, reasoned, rational, and heavy on content. That's just him. He doesn't crack wise or get all physically excited like some people do. That's just not him. But I feel bad for the person who thinks he's a pushover because of that. I've followed him for years and always had a lot of respect for him. Ten years as a Congressmen, Presidential Chief of Staff, Bush 41 Sec. of Defense who orchestrated the most brilliant military campaign since WWII. He's a strong extremely intelligent man. I think he's easily the strongest VP this country has had for many decades, and the only one that it up with him is the first Bush when he was Reagan's VP. Immenantly qualified and intelligent above what the job calls for. I am not worried at all about him not wanting to be President in four years. Values and beliefs are more important than incumbancy. If the Republicans pick someone like Mit Romne, or Elizabeth Dole, or J.C. Watts, or any of the large number of good conservative, Christian people in the party, America will elect them. If incumbancy mattered that much, gore would have been able to eek out another few thousand votes in a few States in 2000 and won by a couple dozen elector votes. I can't WAIT till the President tonight! I don't think there is any comparrison between the two conventions. It has been so energized and so powerful!

I think the protester who got in the convention hurts the democrats and further shows them as radicals., including the thousand plus arrests that have taken place each day. matthews got charged, a Secret Service agent was attacked protecting Cheney. Even some smart mouthed actress and her director was arrested, because as an actress and director, they believe the law didn't apply to them of course. NO Republican did anything like that at the Dem convention, and that proves the point. They have no respect for the opposition's right to speak, but they were given that right and that respect by the Republicans. That's very telling and I am so GLAD that happened on prime time nation wide tv! ALL AMERICA saw the radical nature of the protesters. I expect something like that tonight. I just hope and pray it's nothing more. I've been fighting off images in my head of some type of assassination attempt on President Bush while he's speaking. 8( God help us if anything happens to him! I'm glad the Secret Service agents like him as much as they do. I think they're VERY highly motivated to protect him after eight years of having a ******* they had to guard. Will be a GREAT SPEECH tonight I believe.
kerrlied
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:25 pm    Post subject: Great American! Reply with quote

What a wonderful man he is a man of TRUTH!
God bless him.
Alpha924
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Zell Miller Reply with quote

He sure spoke the truth about that lying flip flopper. Sure would be nice to have a Democrat like that in Oregon. If he hadn't been a Marine, he'd have been one heck of a River Rat. Ya I know wrong war….. what the heck, you get the idea. He is an Honorable Statesman who has truly put the interest of our nation first.
greenvale
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took courage and guts for Zell to deliver that address last evening..I was on my feet..yelling "YES" ... someone who's not afraid to say what they believe. I rarely watch MSNBC(used to love Chris Matthews)and was channel surfing..I can't believe how Chris was taunting Zell...and so at first I thought he was winning....but God Bless Zell....right back in his face!! Shame on Chris...there's Hardball yes, but once again this was rude, nasty and shameless. And what's with all those rude demonstrators behind the MSNBC set? I found that soooo annoying!
God Bless America,
Greenvale
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck54 wrote:
Here is the Video of Matthews being spanked by Zell Miller
http://video.msn.com/video/p.htm?t=1&i=77ff0b06-ef9a-42a8-b329-9afcf270061f

This is the best interview of all time.....notice Chris talking guys in his earpeace telling him to get a rise out of Zell.

Matthews says.... Okay Okay, to them once....then No No second time about 4 minutes in. Shortly after he dances his head and says "what do you mean by a metaphor"

Zell spanks him
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: