SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

List of Swift Boat eyewitnesses?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The G Man
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: List of Swift Boat eyewitnesses? Reply with quote

I've seen various reports indicate there are 60 some odd Swift Boat vets who were eyewitnesses to the events in the book and who dispute Kerry's version. Is there a list of them somewhere? I've seen the list of the 250 or so Swifties who signed the letter, but who are the guys who actually witnessed the events in question?

Thanks in advance.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I have not yet read the book, I can't state this factually, but I believe the reference is to 60 Swiftees who have signed "affidavits" swearing to their eyewitness accounts of pertinent material.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look in the index of Unfit for Command, you should find every one that was interviewed for the book and what page their story is on.
The G Man
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
If you look in the index of Unfit for Command, you should find every one that was interviewed for the book and what page their story is on.

Ah, shoot. Thanks, Lew, but I don't have the book. I'm hoping for something on the net so I can copy and paste it to a message board where i'm debating it. They keep going on and on how only a small handful of guys were actually eyewitnesses.
The G Man
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump

Still looking ...
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:

You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The G Man,

There's not a list of the 60 in the book, just the 250 or so who signed the letter. You'd have to go through the book with that list in hand and mark the names that appear in the book as witnesses. I'm not sure all 60 would be found that way, tough.

I've been trying to turn up the list of Kerry's so-called band of brothers that shows that several of them did not ever serve with him and that most served only a few days but I cannot find it on this board or the other one where I thought it was. Maybe someone will see this message and be able to point you there.
The G Man
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rb325th wrote:
LewWaters wrote:

Thanks, but like I said in response to his post ... I do not HAVE the book. There is a nice handy list of the 250 some odd guys, but not the 64.
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a link to a list of the Band of Brothers and their time w/Kerry.

http://idexer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137

I know this isn't what you are looking for, but it's the other side of the "served with" coin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: