SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SBVFT being discussed on Brit Hume right now...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrsdad
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: SBVFT being discussed on Brit Hume right now... Reply with quote

report to follow.
low26
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brit and Major do it again!1 They did a good piece on Kerry's silver star with "V" showing how it was wrong and how judicial watch has given the complaint to the sec. of the Navy, They brought up Adm. Boarda and Kerry's comments on him basically Major was saying what a hypocrite Kerry is

P.S. The Navy is investigating its official
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
P.S. The Navy is investigating its official

Excellent! This could be the end game, if they hurry or "leak" the results. Laughing
WalterW
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delicious.

Watching the steady disintegration of the Kerry campaign is terrific and, when the rest of the Swifty campaign hits, watch out.

There's even some very guarded discussion here in CA that the convention, Kerry's self destruction and Schwarzenegger's speech may swing enough voters in LA and SF to bring CA home for Bush.

Too much to hope for, IMO, but I love hearing the scuttle.
low26
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Major quoted,
The Navy says the silver star was never issued with a "V" for valor because the medal already states valor under fire and it is the responsibility of Kerry to correct the record
jrsdad
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just some highlights now, later tonight I'll go over the tape again.

Mort: Just as 9/11 changed Bush, VN changed Kerry. He seems to believe that when the US goes to war, chances are it is wrong.

JFK started the debate by saying he was qualified to be CinC because he served in VN.

Fred: McCain flashed the green light when he said it was not improper to go after JFK on his anti-war activities after he got back; this is why Bush 41 was able to talk about it today, why Rove has made comments. If McCain had said no, Bush campaign probably would not have said anything.

Played clip of Bush41 saying the SBVFT had "devastating" effect on Kerry campaign.

Mara: Not devastating but some effect. Pointed out that real issue of SBVFT was Kerry's character (hunh? A NPR lib who gets this?).

Note: before this, latest DNC smear by association (Michael Moore technique) is that Schachte works for legal firm that represented a company that got a $40 mill K from gummint, and CEO is Bush campaigner. Schachte says hasn't done any work for firm in years, never met CEO, didn't work on the case. But you can be the folks at DU are going "Halliburton! Halliburton! Halliburton!"

More later when I can transcribe. I think it's important because if gives us an outside (non-incestuous) look at how a fairly positive group views the SBVFT and their impact.
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry will have to go directly through the Navy to correct the record, and they're going to want to see how the error occurred in the first place, -OR- the Navy is going to find that their actual records don't agree with what Kerry has posted on his Web site DD214. That would be a criminal case, open and shut, of falsifying documents. I doubt he could survive that one. We need to wait and see.
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WalterW wrote:
Delicious.

Watching the steady disintegration of the Kerry campaign is terrific and, when the rest of the Swifty campaign hits, watch out.

There's even some very guarded discussion here in CA that the convention, Kerry's self destruction and Schwarzenegger's speech may swing enough voters in LA and SF to bring CA home for Bush.

Too much to hope for, IMO, but I love hearing the scuttle.

Walter,

I don't think Bush will take California in the end (but I might be wrong), but I do think that Kerry is going to have to sink money into California to keep his LA/SF base intact (which is the key to California in a presidential race). That is money he can't spend elsewhere.

In short, if Kerry has to fight for Calif (and I think he will have to), then even if he wins, he loses.

Of course if he actually loses Calif (unlikely IMHO), then it is all over for Kerry.

Truth is Beauty
Lily
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best part of the show was the brief clip of Bush 41 talking about Swift Boat ad #2 which he described as "devastating".
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>>Mara: Not devastating but some effect. Pointed out that real issue of SBVFT was Kerry's character (hunh? A NPR lib who gets this?).<<

No, Mara does not get it. She was saying an attack on his character is not okay. Frankly, I think she is out to lunch. Put on Krauthammer.
larrygj
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Kondrake really fried Kerry to crisp on that show, coming right after the Major-Brit piece and Bush '41 doing his supportive role in condemning Kerry's post-war treason. Kondrake saying that Kerry's experience of Vietnam and his voting record are all of a piece, that Kerry won't use force, won't act unless he has the whole world with him, is indecisive, whereas GWB is a post-9/11 warror...I mean, there it is. The epitaph you put on the gravestone of Kerry's campaign: what is "seared" in him is an inability to use force. Of course, I paraphrase. I'll see if I can get exact text. Mild Mort cut Hanoi John a new one, to go with the 450 that Zell cut him last night.

The dragon has been struck in the heart. It will take a few more weeks for it to bleed to death. Remember when the Dems panicked when McGovern was running and they dumped Eagleton because they thought he might not go over well with his pyschiatric record? Kerry's military, anti-war and Senate record are much, much worse than a few phobias and neuroses (though we can't be sure how much Hanoi John might suffer the same sorts of things, can we, without all his records?). Edwards may wind up the candidate. Well, better an idiot than a traitor.

I am waiting and hoping for a SBVT ad that features the cover of The Winter Soldier, with John Kerry's name standing right there against this mockery of the Iwo Jima flag raising. That will surely get the attention of The Greatest Generation, especially in Florida.

Don't be surprised if Dubya walks away from this convention with a lead of at least 10 points or more. Watch for MSM meltdown. This has been a week of unrelentless torture for Hanoi John and Old Media. Couldn't happen to nicer folks.

Larry
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry just bought 50 mil in ads in key states, suffice it to say that the Move on.org commies will have to step in with their unlimited resources.
WalterW
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buffman wrote:
Kerry just bought 50 mil in ads in key states, suffice it to say that the Move on.org commies will have to step in with their unlimited resources.

buffman, as my wife says, it ain't the quantity, it's the quality.

The Swifties did more good with an ad costing a few hundred thou than the Kerry campaign has and will do for 50 million.

The difference? SVBT are honest and communicate their honesty and passion.

The shame is that the $50 million could be used to provide assistance to the military families our armed forces left behind when fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq rather than promoting a failed candidacy.
jrsdad
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neverforget wrote:
>>Mara: Not devastating but some effect. Pointed out that real issue of SBVFT was Kerry's character (hunh? A NPR lib who gets this?).<<

No, Mara does not get it. She was saying an attack on his character is not okay. Frankly, I think she is out to lunch. Put on Krauthammer.

I missed that, scribbling quickly. I'm going to take the time to do at least a partial transcript because I felt it was an interesting snapshot. Brit's panel if probably my favorit bit on FNC. Missed Kristol.
jrsdad
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buffman wrote:

Just saw the latest MoveOn ad. Former Iraq Marine saying Bush lied about WMD, wasted lives. He searched personally, didn't find something.

Thing is, this kind of stuff works (especially if not answered). People don't get it that you can always find vets (or any folk) who will say anything. Another Kerry ad I saw today was some retired AF general, voted for Bush in 2000, supports Kerry today. Bush has a ton more military; they should take a page from the SBVFT and do an ad like "Any Questions" with "I'm General X, and I support George Bush." "I'm Admiral Y. I served for 36 years starting off chipping paint on Old Ironsides. I support George Bush."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: