SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suggested script for next SBVT ad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
larrygj
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:51 am    Post subject: Suggested script for next SBVT ad Reply with quote

Here's an ad that would surely have a huge impact on The Greatest Generation, particularly in Florida, but also on anybody who loves our country:

1. Start with the famous movie clip of the WWII flag raising at Iwo Jima. Mention how it is sacred to all of us, especially the U.S. Marine Corps. Mention how many Americans died on that island so that these men could raise that flag.

2. Fade to a picture of George Washington at Valley Forge with the winter soldiers who starved in the cold and survived to save the Revolution (I am proud to say an ancestor of mine, Moses Mosher, was there). Explain who the winter soldiers were (Thomas Payne's pamphlet).

3. Show the cover of The Winter Soldier written by John Kerry in 1971, the book that mocks that sacred moment at Iwo Jima by using a photo of hippies in shabby uniform and beards as they raise a flag that is upside down. If time permits, there'd be a voiceover of some of the horrible stuff in that book as the camera pans to show John Kerry's name as author of the book.

4. Voice-over: "John Kerry has never disavowed what he has written in this book, but he understandably has never allowed it to be reprinted or copied so the public can read it today." (That sentence is probably too long, but something like that...maybe cut the text after "this book").

5. The coup de grace: "Should someone who mocks this sacred moment in our history be allowed to become Commander-in-Chief?"

One of many sites that has the picture for the book cover is http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2004/1/20/131219.shtml

That's my candidate for an ad!

Larry[/img]
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would make a very good ad. I'm impressed.
1AD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:17 am    Post subject: Pearl Harbor Reply with quote

How about McAuliffe to Kerry: "Senator Kerry, I am afraid you have awakened a sleeping veteran giant."

Parphrase of Admiral Yamamoto after he led the attack at Pearl Harbor and realized they made one hell (Zell) of a mistake.
Sun Tzu
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be a good ad.

And either an ad about the "Combat V"...or "Paris meetings" would be effective.
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Suggested script for next SBVT ad Reply with quote

larrygj wrote:
Here's an ad that would surely have a huge impact on The Greatest Generation, particularly in Florida, but also on anybody who loves our country:

I like that idea. It's a clean, straightforward ad. I would suggest this. It would be controversial, maybe even for people, here:

The opening chords to You Really Got Me. But continued until next scene.

Open on Kerry lookalike on Swiftboat with Rassman lookalike nearby. He walks towards stern and trips. Gets up and shakes his hand. Rassman-alike runs up with clipboard. Kerry-alike starts pointing to the shore, gesturing that bullets are flying by. Rassman-alike is writing furiously. Kerry-alike holds hand out and gives a thumbs up with the other. Both smile and Rassman-alike bounces slightly with glee.

Fade on opening stanza - Girl, you really . . .

Open on Kerry-alike and Rassman-alike hunched down in forward cabin, shiftily looking back and forth shore to shore as Swift travels on. Kerry-alike leaves and accidentily bumps his shoulder. Rassman-alike flips up clipboard up off bottom frame. Kerry-alike points to the sky and makes the hand indication of an aircraft coming in for attack. He mimics a two handed grip on a machine gun, then points to the sky, indicates bullets whizzing by. Rassman-alike is grinning uncontrollably, pointing himself to the sky, nodding, and giving the thumbs up.

Fade on chorus - You really got me . .

Open on Kerry laying flat on deck, pretending to be dead. Rassman-alike hurries over, sets clipboard down, and they mime again as Kerry-alike indicates bullets whizzing by from both river banks, then sits up and mimics a shoulder-fired launch, and makes an 'explosion' with his hands. Rassman-alike scratches his head, but starts writing and begins to smile and nod. Again thumbs up to Kerry-alike.

Fade on closing power chords, and final whole note.

Like I said, I could see how some might find that objectionable.
Steve02C5
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sevry, don't forget the 8mm camera lying around on the deck somewhere.

Speaking of ads, I just remembered to make my weekly contribution.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject: Welcome for Troops Reply with quote

President Bush might have given SBVT an opening for a new attack ad on Kerry with his RNC speech. Without directly attacking Kerry, Bush said,

"So our mission in Afghanistan and Iraq is clear: We will help new leaders to train their armies, and move toward elections, and get on the path of stability and democracy as quickly as possible. And then our troops will return home with the honor they have earned."

Could a SBVT ad show part Kerry's Senate testimony about American soldiers "cutting off ears and heads", etc., followed by footage of Vietnam veterans being spat upon or called "baby-killers", etc., followed by Bush saying "our troops will return home with the honor they have earned." ?

I realize that SBVT is less pro-Bush than anti-Kerry, but the contrast between the two candidates' attitudes toward "exit strategy", particularly as it pertains to respecting those who fought for their country, could sway many voters. What do you think?
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: animal house Reply with quote

Sevry,
Great flick! but at the end the music needs to be ,"you got me so I dont know what Im do-waan now-Ohhh Yeahhhh" . At that point the kerry alike comes back to life, and forest rassmann presents him with a box full of medals and such,the kerry alike quickly starts pinning them on his decaying corpse.

"Badges? We dond need need no stinking badges"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: