SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry's anti-war agenda began BEFORE he went to Vietnam

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
racer32
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:09 am    Post subject: Kerry's anti-war agenda began BEFORE he went to Vietnam Reply with quote

I found an article a while back that says to me that John Kerry went to Vietnam with an anti-war agenda already in place...anyone got any use for these quotations?

From Washington Times 02/20/04
Vets refuse to forgive Kerry for antiwar acts
By Charles Hurt
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

John Forbes Kerry, who has voiced his presidential aspirations since high school, criticized America's "intervention" in Vietnam before going to the war, confirmed his beliefs during five months of duty there and returned to build a career in politics based on his opposition to it.
"The United States must, I think, bring itself to understand that the policy of intervention that was right for Western Europe does not and cannot find the same application to the rest of the world," Mr. Kerry told his Yale University classmates in a 1966 graduation address. ...............
........... In Mr. Kerry's first active-duty assignment, he served in the electrical department of the USS Gridley, a guided-missile frigate supporting the Navy's fleet of carriers in the Gulf of Tonkin.
"I didn't have any real feel for what the heck was going on [in the war]," Mr. Kerry told the Boston Globe in a story last summer, referring to his time on the Gridley. He then became a commander of a Navy swift boat, which at the time were used to transport sailors to ships in the gulf. Two weeks after beginning his new assignment, the safe job he had picked became much more dangerous when the boats began being used in the Mekong Delta to seek out the Viet Cong and block North Vietnamese supply routes.
"I didn't really want to get involved in the war," the Globe cites Mr. Kerry saying in a 1986 book about Vietnam. "When I signed up for the swift boats, they had very little to do with the war. They were engaged in coastal patrolling and that's what I thought I was going to do."

These words, from Kerry, lead me to believe he went to Vietnam to put in some safe time, and then go back to spew his anti-war rhetoric. When he found out he would actually be IN combat, he faked three injuries and got the hell out. Then went about his plan to become a politician.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: