SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suggestion.....Graphics for the press, March 13 1969

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BenDeR
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:46 am    Post subject: Suggestion.....Graphics for the press, March 13 1969 Reply with quote

I have been lurking here for many weeks and this is only my second post, but I keep seeing queries about how to respond to the media about the discrepancies in John F**g Kerry’s stories, and I THINK I have an idea.

Many brilliant posters have analyzed the data and provided detailed written analysis confirming the Traitors lies. The problem is that in today’s ‘sound bite’ world, words lasting more than 30 seconds (being generous) are ignored. But PICTURES get peeps attention. This was driven home to me when I introduced my kid brother to this site. When he tried the mouse over (haven’t looked at the code but I assume java script) that removed all but 2 of the swiftys from the picture Traitor John used early in his campaign he said “Holly Sh*t, I had no idea”. I realized that words are powerful, but pictures are GOLD. This made me think about the Washington Post graphic. What if that thing was animated? I remember as a public speaker talking to an audience about Public Key Cryptography and putting them all to sleep. A week later I made the same presentation, but with a Power Point slide show. The audience was wide eyed and fully engaged.

So I’m thinking, if an animated graphic was made available to the press in say Flash showing Traitors story along with all of the variations (which boat was Rassmon on etc.) as well as the 5K meter flee and no damage, other boats saving PCF3, still no damage, true heroics saving PCF3 (with no medals awarded). Such a graphic could run 2-3 minutes at the most. The same as any song on the radio. Of course at the end would be web links to substantiating sources.

This would be addressed to the media, not the public. If done right the public would see it all over the news regardless, as it would finally make sense to the media.

Caveat. If this was contrary in any way to the Swift Boat founders game plan, I would defer to them. They are much smarter than I.

Just pulling this stuff out of my a*s as I think about it.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"
Capt. Lloyd Williams, USMC
BenDeR
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still pulling stuff out of my a**s, if this was to happen I think it would need to be done outside of the SBVT venue. My reasoning is that I don't want anything I do to negatively impact their plans. Again, they are much smarter than I.

Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't know if what you're describing is being done, but O'Neill is a pretty cagey attorney, and I would think he's considered this. I have the same thoughts that you do, a good animated graphic sequence that could be stopped, paused and played real-time, if provided to the media (especially Fox News) would show the idiocy of Kerry's story about the mine incident very well. You would need someone who was there to place all of the boats into position relative to the weir/mine, how much the boats drifted (if at all) during the rescue operation, a time line showing the length of the salvage and hook-to-tow sequence, and how far Kerry traveled away from the other boats before he returned (that would be the real killer, as they have already admitted only Kerry left the scene). Show where Rassmann was picked up from the water, and how long it took. If presented correctly, it would damage Kerry's credability massively. The follow-up needs to be an explanation that none of the boats were hit during this time by enemy fire. Looking at the objects in scale, nobody would believe they could have missed. If I had a program that could do this, I'd give it a shot. Maybe somebody on here can help?
BenDeR
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wing Viper, My idea expands by the moment. A web site could be put up outside of the SBVT providing a Flash animation of the Kerry storys with their MANY variations. Next the flaws in the Kerry story are diagramed.
I am a programmer but I don't write Flash. I believe that there must be resources among this group that could make things happen.

skipper
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:41 pm    Post subject: Flash Graphic Reply with quote

This has real potential to uncover the liar and his lies. Suggestion:

1. Graphic drawn to scale or video of actual Bay Hap River site of Rassmann rescue with voice over stating: On Mar. 13, 1969 Lt. Kerry received a Bronz Star and Purple Heart for rescuing Rassmann while under heavy enemy small arms and rocket fire. (be accurate to the Kerry account-word for word).
2. A few men (name them) support Lt. Kerry's account, while other eye witnesses (name them) completely refute Lt. Kerry's version of events. These detractors emphasize that the width of the river at this site is so narrow that any enemy fire would have resulted in casualties and battle damage that is simply not in evidence.
3. Graphic now expanded to include fishing weir in middle of river and actual measurements of distances on both banks drawn out like yard markers on a football field.
4. Voice over continues: As in all conflicting accounts of human events, we can only make our best assessment of THE TRUTH (voice emphasis) when all records are made available for scrutiny. Therefore, in the interest of the nation in choosing a President and in defense of his character, we urge Senator Kerry to release his military records.

Hope this makes sense to anyone capable of producing this media event.

Skipper
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone else notice this? One of my favorite photos was in a newspaper article from '71 showing Flipper John and Hanoi Jane at the same podium at the following site.

http://www.geocities.com/misscoors/Truth_about_kerry.html

I was particularly interested in that photo and saved it because I thought I heard the left camp say that the "famous" photo with the two of them in the same large crowd meant nothing. THAT PHOTO NOW SEEMS TO HAVE VANISHED. Anyone know where it could have gone besides to my hard disk?

Edit: I just took another look at it and it's attributed to AP. I also was able to read the red print which says in part: "...snopes.com debunked it..." If it's a fraud, I'll delete it from my disk.
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is an excellent idea, IF the SwiftVets are still interested in still pursuing Kerry's 4 months. I get a bit of a feeling (and I may be wrong) that they have made their point and delivered it accurately, and its up for the dumb a**es in the media to figure it out now, while the SwiftVets move on to Kerry's postwar treasonous activities. I agree 100% though, Macromedia Flash presentation of the events to the media would be an excellent way for them to get it through their heads. It would allow many to finally understand, as well as create interest in others perhaps to research the events in much further depth, all the while, SwiftVets beginning their second stage of attacks!
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a Flash video might be a good idea, but I also think it could be done using something equally simple, like a PowerPoint presentation.

The advantage to the above would be that the user could scroll back and forth to figure timelines out, and things would be far easier to put together and edit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: