SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another Kerry Conundrum
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArmyIntel
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:42 pm    Post subject: Another Kerry Conundrum Reply with quote

I don't get this guy. Can someone help me make sense of him? If he really believes that Bush misled this country into Iraq, why did he recently reconfirm that he would have voted for the war? Please read the below:

Kerry said. ``I'm not going to have my commitment to defend this country questioned by those who refused to serve when they could have and by those who have misled the nation into Iraq.''
``Misleading our nation into war in Iraq makes you unfit to lead this country,'' Kerry added. Friday, Sept. 3, 2004

Sen. John Kerry said Monday he would have voted to authorize the war in Iraq knowing what he does now, but added that he would have used the power more effectively than the current commander in chief.
Kerry said, "Yes, I would have voted for the authority. I believe it was the right authority for a president to have." Tuesday, Aug. 10, 2004
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry is continuing in his pattern of talking all sides of the issues with a lot of shift and switching the discussion away from what it is he did or has not done.
rekcutt
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:17 pm    Post subject: Kerry's statements Reply with quote

Kerry's efforts to take multiple sides of each issue, sometimes in the same speech only has resulted in re-defining the meaning of "flip-flop". Prior to ol' Johnny apprearing on the stage, flip-flops where cheap beach shoes, now if means cheap politican - soon to be on the Beach - or one of his wife's other inherited mansions..

rekcutt
hleone
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching this guy self-destruct is amazing.

What happens if he goes completely insane before the election?

Do we still have to hold an election, if he is in a rubber room by then?

I'm not sure he hasn't lost it already. Kerry's brilliant "Midnight Retort" to almost no TV audience last night was the opposite of changing the subject of Vietnam, as everyone expected his newly-beefed-up campaign staff would engineer.

Instead, Kerry childishly retaliated against Bush and Cheney's war-management credentials, calling them the ones who are really "unfit for duty."

Earth to Kerry - their credentials are known! They've been managing this war the last 3 years!

You are the question mark. When you refuse to answer the charges of the SwiftVets and simply spout accusations at your opponents, you keep the focus of this election on your pathetic post-war Vietnam record.

One more thing Mr. Kerry, in case you haven't noticed, the Swiftees have only just begun to remind America of your high-profile, anti-war and anti-American activites back then.

Last night's "Late Night with KerryEdwards" was basically Lurch and John-boy sticking their hands in their ears and yelling in unison "You're more unfit than we are... na na na na na!!

It is truly pathetic.

Let's finish these guys off quickly, Swiftees.

It's the only humane thing to do!
Sonar5
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Narcisist Personality Disorder: Reply with quote

Narcisist Personality Disorder:

Read about it here:

http://www.mentalhealth.com/dis1/p21-pe07.html

Diagnostic Criteria

A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:

1. has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
2. is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
3. believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
4. requires excessive admiration
5. has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
6. is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
7. lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
8. is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her
9. shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

Differential Diagnosis

Histrionic Personality Disorder; Antisocial Personality Disorder; Borderline Personality Disorder; Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder; Schizotypal Personality Disorder; Paranoid Personality Disorder; Manic Episodes; Hypomanic Episodes; Personality Change Due to a General Medical Condition; symptoms that may develop in association with chronic substance use.

I'd say that IMHO, this may POSSIBLY explain Kerry's actions as an individual and may be worth checking into...

Perhaps we can get some help for him...

This is just my opinion, and it may be wrong, but this is the way I see it...

Here is a site for self-diagnosis...

Maybe Kerry can confirm this or not?

http://www.mentalhealth.com/dx/dx-pe07.html

Treatment possibilities are here:
http://www.mentalhealth.com/rx/p23-pe07.html

Don't worry Kerry,

"Help is on the way"

Thoughts observations, am I full of bunk when I came across this?

Regards,
Joe

My Home at AboutPolitics.net:
http://www.aboutpolitics.net/phpBB2/index.php

neil0502
Former Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Another Kerry Conundrum Reply with quote

ArmyIntel wrote:
I don't get this guy. Can someone help me make sense of him? If he really believes that Bush misled this country into Iraq, why did he recently reconfirm that he would have voted for the war?

Kerry's vote to grant President Bush the _authority_ to go to war is tantamount to my giving somebody Power of Attorney to act on my behalf. In both cases, the grantee is obligated to act with due diligence, prudence, in good faith, and in the best interests of the grantor.

(Deleted by Admin)

Admin Note:

This forum was designed to facilitate the discussion of the Swift Boat Veterans For Truth strong conviction that John Kerry is unfit to serve as Commander-In-Chief.

If your defense of John Kerry can only be couched in rhetoric denigrating the fitness of another candidate or within issues unrelated to our conviction, then we suggest that you find another venue for that expression.

Thank you
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Narcisist Personality Disorder: Reply with quote

Sonar5 wrote:
Narcisist Personality Disorder:

Don't worry Kerry,

"Help is on the way"

Thoughts observations, am I full of bunk when I came across this?

Regards,
Joe

I don't think it's bunk, i think it's a serious problem. I think we are going to see the full disintegration of a mind here.

Anyone that has ever been through training or saving a drowning man has been told to be aware and cautious, that the drowning man if truly scared enough will climb on top of the "saver" eventually drowning both.

We are about to watch a drowning lifelong candidate for the presidency lose his only shot at it.
He's going to take down everything and everyone around him as he tries to claw for survival...
FF1047
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: neil0502 Reply with quote

To Neil0502 ...

Nice try, Power of Attorney ...

You know full well that the vote was not for anything like a power of attorney ...

The authority to command our troops is not Senator Kerry's to "transfer" to President Bush thru a power of attorney ... thats what it is used for ...

the vote was to allow Bush the permission from Congress to go to war (thats the power Congress has ...)

the conduct of a war is not and has never been the responsibility of Congress ...

Oh yeah I forgot, no plan to win the peace ... "Win the peace ?" you don't win the peace you win the war and the "peace" takes care of itself absent the forces of evil that you destroyed in the war ...
looks to me like someone planned for the "humanitarian disaster" forecast by the left ... completely a non issue now ... no credit given for that ...
the left claimed 60,000 childern dead a year under Sadamm and the embargo ... thats 600,000 kids ... but again no credit for the 100,000 kids not dying because we are there ... god forbid you give credit for anything ...
hleone
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not betrayal and abuse when you threaten use of force and then follow through without flinching, after the enemy fails to comply with the reasonable demands of the world community, in this case through a unanimous, 14th U.N. resolution issued to Iraq's dictator.

Based upon Kerry's post-Vietnam record, if saddam continued to defy the world, Kerry would not have acted.

He would have asked France and the U.N. for permission first, which neither would have provided, so he would not follow through on his threat. He would have backed down, allowing Saddam to continue thumbing his nose at the civilized world and brutalizing his own people.

That would have been a betrayal of Congress, the American people, the U.N. and the world.

He would have enhanced the standing of wildcard dictators, thugs and terrorists. It would have sent the message that acts of defiant tyrants and terrorists won't necessarily be challenged, even by the greatest power in the world.

John Kerry's indisputable post-Vietnam record is proof enough to me that he is Unfit for Duty, and he has done nothing to answer the question and disprove what his own words clearly say.
Mooncusser
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sonar5, perfect diagnosis.

I actually won the election before I lost it.

"It is a good day to fight! It is a good day to die! Strong hearts, brave hearts to the front! Weak hearts and cowards to the rear!" (Crazy Horse)
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone name two signficant figures from the last century that have been diagnosed as suffering Narcisist Personality Disorder?

Answer available later if you don't.

C'mon folks! Buy some bumperstickers. I hate loosing money!
Mooncusser
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HITLER and Stalin

I actually won the election before I lost it.

"It is a good day to fight! It is a good day to die! Strong hearts, brave hearts to the front! Weak hearts and cowards to the rear!" (Crazy Horse)
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the winner is! Mooncusser Laughing
ArmyIntel
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even a power of attorney argument is fine if it makes sense. But in hindsight, since Bush misled, Kerry should not have supported the war. He should have said he was misled into voting for the war, so now I'm against it. But, even in hindsight, even knowing that Bush misled, Kerry still said that he supported his vote. At least Kerry could have said that the vote was premature. That I can understand.

I think I should stop trying to understand a guy that will say and do anything to get what he wants. We already saw that when Kerry came back from Vietnam.
FireDog53
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one problem with Kerry is that he has that fence post so far up his butt and trying to decide which way to lean without disemboweling himself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: