SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another Concept Kerry Doesn't Seem To Understand

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireDog53
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject: Another Concept Kerry Doesn't Seem To Understand Reply with quote

This may not seem associated but I believe it is.

What most don’t understand today is that we are no longer nor ever will be again, a manufacturing society. This is a progression of our society. We were once agricultural. Then we moved on to an industrial society. Now we have moved into a technological and service oriented society. We as a nation have rarely if ever been prepared for the advances in our own society. The educational system today is one that doesn’t steer individuals into areas where there are jobs. The problems go deeper than the educational system. Parents today don’t seem to steer their children in the right directions either. I notice a lot of the younger generation lack in areas of reading comprehension, writing, spelling, mathematics and history. This is the sad state of affairs of our educational system. When you look at the want ads you see many jobs relating to technology. From computer programmers to administrators. Then there are the sales jobs and truck driving jobs, at least here. This is not to include service-oriented jobs related to automobiles, heating & cooling, plumbers, carpenters etc. There is also the ability to start one's own business. Can we force individuals to do what they must do in order to be employable? Who believes that you can survive in an economy with only a GED or high school diploma? Many college students major in areas that will be of no help when they try to go into the work force. People must begin to look at what is our economy about and go in that direction, whether you like it or not. The days of manual labor is gone and that is a part of progress. Prepare yourself for the future and not the past. Personal responsibility has gone out the window. It’s everyone else’s fault but mine. This is the prevailing attitude and that is sad.

You talk about taxes. Well I’m single (divorced) and you talk about getting hammered. I pay a total of 34.2% (total of all 3 mentioned) of my income to the federal and state entities, along with taxes to the city I work in but do not live in. For many years I worked 2 jobs to provide my children with a private education and it did pay off. I’m responsible for what and who I am and not the government. It’s like social security. It has become what it was not meant to be. It was intended to be a SUPPLEMENTAL income. People have expected it to be a complete income. Individuals chose not to put even $25.00 a pay away during their working lives (possibly 40-60 years now) to help in retirement. They didn’t look forward and now it’s someone else’s fault. I’m not rich by any means (civil servant) but I did look into the future and when I retire in 17 months, I’ll be all right. Teach your children to look forward and not stay stagnant in a society that continues to change rapidly. President Bush seems to understand this concept when I read the excerpts from his speech. John Kerry doesn’t seem to understand that concept. Just a concept of the government is your answer and will provide for you because of your own shortsightedness.
Indianbaboon
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this'll prolly end up in geedunk and scuttlebutt, but I wholeheartedly agree with you.

the problem is that responsiblity and ambition is a quality of the minority, and always will be.

Read John Ringo's Road to Damascus, it's actually scifi, but he's a great political writer in his own right.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: