SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dell Sandusky
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Dell Sandusky Reply with quote

As you probably know Dell Sandusky will be in Naples FL September 28 th. Was the helmsman on Senator Kerrys boat? He will speak at the Naples Bath and Tennis club at 7.30.

What is the scoop on this guy and what do you expect him to say. I was informed of this by a Democrat who knows I back the Swifties.

Pass the ammo, please.

Sam
baldeagl
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I have found about Sandusky, I would say he's an honorable man who served with Kerry and believes in him. I haven't seen anything that he's said that seems to contradict the known facts. He would be one of the last of the Kerry crewmates whose integrity I would question.
Reg
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh you might want to follow up on his Cambodia claim (see below). I'd love to ask him about the goal of the mission, approx. date, and approx location. Who ordered this mission? What happened? Why does Kerry claim the CIA was involved? Where any weapons fired? Why is there no documentation on this mission? Why does his crewmate Medeiros say "...he could not recall dropping off special forces in Cambodia or going inside Cambodia with Kerry" [Boston Globe, 8/18/04]?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"On another issue, this morning I heard Del Sandusky interviewed on a radio program. He specifically said that they "touched ground" in Cambodia. Which means it had to be in February or March '69. I suspect that careful questioning of him would destroy that claim.

Sandusky also said a number of disingenuous things in the interview that make me think he's deliberately lying, not simply mistaken in his memories. He claimed not to even know most of the people who appear in the SBVFT ads, and that for Larry Thurlow to say he served with John Kerry is, "like me saying I served with Wm. Westmoreland".

Yet, John Kerry, in Tour of Duty, has Thurlow and his boats practically side by side. Since Sandusky was at the helm of Kerry's boat, that makes either Kerry or Sandusky a liar."

http://beldar.blogs.com/beldarblog/2004/08/brinkley_had_re.html
hmminCanada
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to John Kerry.com. Go to Press Room, Press Releases, July 10/04. You'll find text of 1st Kerry-Edwards ad together. After Edwards says, "Just spend three minutes with the men..." a little further on under title Crewmates Believe in Kerry, speaking of the Rassman event, Sandusky says "When another boat hit a mine, Kerry ordered the DEAD and injured brought on board and the sinking boat towed, six or seven miles to the GULF of TONKIN. Because Americans DIED on the boat, Kerry, out of loyalty, wouldn't leave it behind for the enemy." On another site, antimedia.blogspot, I think, I read the casualty list for the day. It was pointed out there that NO ONE DIED! And for another thing I looked at a map this morning and as I am sure many of you know the Gulf of Tonkin was beside North Vietnam. That must have been a very long SIX or SEVEN miles from this river to a body of water that was even east of Saigon! Imagine that--Kerry's damaged boat towing a partially sinking boat all that way. So much for a reliable witness!!!
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baldeagl wrote:
From what I have found about Sandusky, I would say he's an honorable man who served with Kerry and believes in him. I haven't seen anything that he's said that seems to contradict the known facts. He would be one of the last of the Kerry crewmates whose integrity I would question.

I think there's another way to look at it though. He suggested Kerry fled on 13 MAR. Has he ever repeated or clarified that remark, or is he being reigned in by Kerry's 'band of lawyers' - who attack their own? Shouldn't he take the example of Zell, and simply get up there and speak the truth?

I mean, he backed Kerry on the Cambodian Christmas fiction. He backed Kerry on PH #1. He's backing Kerry on 13 MAR where Kerry's and Rassman's varied stories don't match up, and so on. Yeah, I could see people questioning, at this point, Sandusky's honesty. I would find it difficult to imagine anyone - who wouldn't. Maybe he was mistaken back in those earlier campaigns. But knowing what we do now, yeah - you have to wonder about the guy, or any of these still supporting Kerry.

Really.
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmminCanada wrote:
Go to John Kerry.com. Go to Press Room, Press Releases, July 10/04. You'll find text of 1st Kerry-Edwards ad together. After Edwards says, "Just spend three minutes with the men..." a little further on under title Crewmates Believe in Kerry, speaking of the Rassman event, Sandusky says "When another boat hit a mine, Kerry ordered the DEAD and injured brought on board and the sinking boat towed, six or seven miles to the GULF of TONKIN. Because Americans DIED on the boat, Kerry, out of loyalty, wouldn't leave it behind for the enemy." On another site, antimedia.blogspot, I think, I read the casualty list for the day. It was pointed out there that NO ONE DIED! And for another thing I looked at a map this morning and as I am sure many of you know the Gulf of Tonkin was beside North Vietnam. That must have been a very long SIX or SEVEN miles from this river to a body of water that was even east of Saigon! Imagine that--Kerry's damaged boat towing a partially sinking boat all that way. So much for a reliable witness!!!

No, I mean, now, knowing what everyone knows, you HAVE to question Sandusky's heart. Is he just now reduced to leftwing political partisan, like Rassman? saying anything and everything, at once.

But, there was a SF guy killed earlier by a booby-trap. I don't know if they transported his body on the Swift boats. That's never been mentioned, nor has the compliment of passengers on various boats. There's a lot of details that, unfortunately, have always been omitted by Chenoweth, Odell, Thurlow and Pease, and whatever other witnesses that day. And because they never produced rigorous testimony, even their own became suspect when bullet holes were discovered, when the boats are going in different order, and doing different things, with the book itself in error about this incident, and others insisting upon fire from shore, etc. But there was a KIA, that day.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The KIA was Nung not American as Sandusky stated!
FF1047
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:33 pm    Post subject: kerry ... Reply with quote

The injured were put on another boat, and Kerry wasn't ordering anyone at that point because he was on the "wounded" boat getting out of the "heavy enemy fire" area ......

Quote:
"When another boat hit a mine, Kerry ordered the DEAD and injured brought on board and the sinking boat towed, six or seven miles to the GULF of TONKIN. Because Americans DIED on the boat, Kerry, out of loyalty, wouldn't leave it behind for the enemy."

sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASPB wrote:
The KIA was Nung not American as Sandusky stated!

It said "VN" in the message. I assumed that meant Vietnamese as part of Mike Strike Force.
ASPB

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the Point! The Nung Tribesmen were serving in the MSF that was advised by Rassman.
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASPB wrote:
That's the Point! The Nung Tribesmen were serving in the MSF that was advised by Rassman.

I assumed VN at the close of that report meant 'Vietnamese'. 1 VN KIA? Nung, accounted as MSF?
ASPB

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VN translates as Vietnamese National of the friendly type!

All reports indicate that the guy was a Nung Tribesman Mercenary working with Rassman's 5th SpecFor "A" team and that he was taken out by a booby trap. Very much like the Montagnards worked with "A" teams further north.
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASPB wrote:
VN translates as Vietnamese National of the friendly type!

I gotcha. Vietnamese, but of Chinese descent.
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Dell Sandusky Reply with quote

Aristotle The Hun wrote:
As you probably know Dell Sandusky will be in Naples FL September 28 th. Was the helmsman on Senator Kerrys boat? He will speak at the Naples Bath and Tennis club at 7.30.

What is the scoop on this guy and what do you expect him to say. I was informed of this by a Democrat who knows I back the Swifties.

Pass the ammo, please.

Sam

What I don't understand is why Dell Sandusky is giving speaches for Democratic organizations. Of course, he has a right to do this, but if he is a "square shooter" why isn't he with the Swiftees?

Once you have served with a man there really is a bond of loyalty that lasts a life time. That is why you see 80 year old men fall into each others arms and weep because of 18 months they spent together in the ETO 60 years ago.

I understand the reluctance that you all have to saying anything bad about Dell. After all, it is this same "code of loyalty" that John Kerry violated.

I have no intention of roasting Dell when he comes to town. I just want to be well informed.

Sam
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saturday, August 07, 2004Two more convention events:

**Blogger event with Dell Sandusky, Walter Meers, Governor Howard Dean and Barack Obama.

Sandusky, who was with Kerry on the riverboat in Vietnam, spoke touchingly about the first time he met Theresa Heinz Kerry eight years ago. “It was late at night. She looked at me, paused, put her hand on my cheek and started to cry. Then she invited me to dinner at their house where she made spaghetti for the three of us at three in the morning.”

Gee. Kind of made my stomach churn.

Sam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: